StarCrossedSheep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright when I go to storage info > eMMC > it says "Failed to init eMMC"

I'm assuming this means there might be a hardware issue with the eMMC because it doesn't seem to want to boot to OFW either :(

BigPanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Alright when I go to storage info > eMMC > it says "Failed to init eMMC"

I'm assuming this means there might be a hardware issue with the eMMC because it doesn't seem to want to boot to OFW either :(

Sadly, the best I could think off right now is to re-open your switch, disconnect the emmc board, blow on the connectors and pray it will work because you need PRODINFO information to create a new nand :S

StarCrossedSheep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly, the best I could think off right now is to re-open your switch, disconnect the emmc board, blow on the connectors and pray it will work because you need PRODINFO information to create a new nand :S

Yeah. I tried and it didn't work.

Well that really really REALLY sucks but thank you so much for your help, at least I did everything I could and know for a fact now what's wrong and that it's bricked :(

BigPanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You can still create an emunand on an SD card using some files found online along with your console keys and use your switch but you will never be able to boot an Original Firmware or go online anymore.

StarCrossedSheep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can still create an emunand on an SD card using some files found online along with your console keys and use your switch but you will never be able to boot an Original Firmware or go online anymore.

Do you have a quick link to how I can do that? Not being able to go online really sucks but that's better than nothing

BigPanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Before attempting this, you might want to reach at Nintendo Support and see what is the price of having your console repaired if you really want to play online.

StarCrossedSheep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before attempting this, you might want to reach at Nintendo Support and see what is the price of having your console repaired if you really want to play online.

I thought opening my console and tampering with it excluded me from their repair services? Worth a shot anyway I suppose

StarCrossedSheep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow okay so I decided to try a couple things and was able to use LockPick_RCM to dump my keys, I have them on my SD card and on my PC now. With these would I be able to get online again? Or replace the eMMC entirely if I have to, because I can rebuild the NAND on a new one? Or no

Maybe even the eMMC isn't completely broken and the NAND can be rebuilt

lockpick_rcm.png

BigPanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Wow okay so I decided to try a couple things and was able to use LockPick_RCM to dump my keys, I have them on my SD card and on my PC now. With these would I be able to get online again? Or replace the eMMC entirely? Or no
No, you will be able to rebuild a new nand for your console but without your existing 'PRODINFO' NAND partition you won't be able to go online again.

The paratition contain a console unique certificate.

BigPanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
No, you will be able to rebuild a new nand for your console but without your existing 'PRODINFO' NAND partition you won't be able to go online again.

The paratition contain a console unique certificate.

Also note that some files can be dumped directly from Hekate from the 'Console Info' tab.

StarCrossedSheep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also note that some files can be dumped directly from Hekate from the 'Console Info' tab.

It wasn't working in Hekate for some reason...the NAND backup options aren't even there in the tools menu. Odd. I guess because it wasn't detecting it.

Edit later: Ah yeah I see it now that I have the Nyx GUI working properly, I'm dumb. But unfortunately I still can't do the full backup because it won't detect the eMMC

Last edited by StarCrossedSheep,

StarCrossedSheep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One more quick question before I give up for the night, because I'm so tired and defeated, ha - what exactly is included with my keys? If I'm somehow able to get a new Switch later down the line will I be able to use those to restore things like save files that were on the NAND? Because I was able to get my keys but I can't dump my whole NAND for some reason because Hekate won't detect it, it's super weird but at least I got something.

Sorry for my ignorance, it's been a long time since I've done anything with CFW and all this is frying my brain. I'm sad haha.

BigPanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
One more quick question before I give up for the night, because I'm so tired and defeated, ha - what exactly is included with my keys? If I'm somehow able to get a new Switch later down the line will I be able to use those to restore things like save files that were on the NAND? Because I was able to get my keys but I can't dump my whole NAND for some reason because Hekate won't detect it, it's super weird but at least I got something.

Sorry for my ignorance, it's been a long time since I've done anything with CFW and all this is frying my brain. I'm sad haha.
If your saves are on your SD card, the prod.keys include keys to decrypt those save files.
However, I doubt you could use them on a newer switch at that time since they are not hackable.

Without having the hardware in hands, it is difficult to troubleshoot this kind of issues.

The issue could be the NAND chip itself or just the eMMC board.

If the issue is the eMMC board, you could remove the NAND from the old board and solder it back to a new one.

If it is an intermittent issue, you might be able at some point to do a full backup of your nand flash from hetake and flash it to a brand new eMMC/NAND.

You might also be able to read the NAND on your PC by using a custom SD Card Adapter.

I sadly can't garuantee that any of those would work and they some of those options requires soldering skills.

I mean, you are not out of options if you want to try recover your console but assisting on the previous point I mentioned in this reply is not really possible on a forum.

I suggest that you try to find information about those or find a technician located in your area that could try those for you.

Keep your hope, you never know.

StarCrossedSheep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi again, so my sister very generously gave me her Switch since she never used it and I have it all set up, recovered my Animal Crossing island and am good to go.

I'm wondering if there's any way I can use the keys I recovered to restore my Splatoon 2 save data? Since it doesn't have cloud saving for some stupid reason. Maybe a way to boot into CFW from the SD card on the old broken Switch and somehow send the save to the new Switch? But I don't know if having the keys is enough to recover the save file, and since I wouldn't be able to get online or use OFW when booting from the SD card I'm guessing it's not likely to be possible.

Just thought I'd ask anyway because losing hundreds of hours and a lot of gear/clothes/pretty high rank sucks but all things considered not awful, just glad to have a working Switch again.

BigPanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If your saves are on a microSD and your new Switch is hackable, there is probably a way but in all honesty, I would not risk transfering a save for an online game to a new console using non official way and getting the risk of being banned.

StarCrossedSheep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your saves are on a microSD and your new Switch is hackable, there is probably a way but in all honesty, I would not risk transfering a save for an online game to a new console using non official way and getting the risk of being banned.

I figured that was the case, that whatever it was would be a ban risk and probably not worth attempting anyway....just double checking in case there was something I could do.

Thanks for all your help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, then play it