PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
I bought a patched V2 HAC-001(-01) and the LCD was bust up and the Digitizer was heavily scratched. I replaced both of them with a full-assembly LCD+Digitizer V2 kit.

This is the kit I purchased a Heroangel v2:

1690675483004.png

It works fine except that there's a small rectangular region just above the middle of the screen that does not work at all and when you touch anywhere near it, the touch inputs go completely erratic. It works perfectly fine (more or less) outside that region of interest.

In fact, it gets slightly less bad if I set the touch screen sensitivity from Standard to Stylus.

I can confirm that the new Digitizer is a V2 (QR Code on it) but I am not certain what the original Digitizer was, but I believe it was also a V2 QR Code.

Everything I see online makes it out to be some sort of incompatibility of sorts between the Digitizer and Card Reader. Yet in this specific instance, it shouldn't be the case as they should be the correct ones.

Any Assistance would be appreciated.

Last edited by PRAGMA,
Solution (although not ideal)

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try to calibrate the touch screen in hekate. If the v2 you have isn't modded, move the card reader with touch screen to a modded switch and calibrate it in hekate

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Try to calibrate the touch screen in hekate. If the v2 you have isn't modded, move the card reader with touch screen to a modded switch and calibrate it in hekate
Isnt there a compatibility issue between a V2 Digitizer and V1 board? I do have a V1 unpatched I could do this with, but I don't think it would be compatible.

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isnt there a compatibility issue between a V2 Digitizer and V1 board?
There are a total of 4 or 5 different touch panels iirc, and two different controllers (the chip on card reader daughterboard, v1/v2 have different pcb color). v1/v2 are just generalized terms where they really should mean the touch screen controller model.

Anyway, what I said was connect the new touch screen with the card reader daughterboard to a modded switch, calibrate the touch screen in hekate so it can write new calibration data to the touch screen controller ic, then move the touch screen and the card reader daughterboard back to your v2.

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
There are a total of 4 or 5 different touch panels iirc, and two different controllers (the chip on card reader daughterboard, v1/v2 have different pcb color). v1/v2 are just generalized terms where they really should mean the touch screen controller model.

Anyway, what I said was connect the new touch screen with the card reader daughterboard to a modded switch, calibrate the touch screen in hekate so it can write new calibration data to the touch screen controller ic, then move the touch screen and the card reader daughterboard back to your v2.
Right, but the controller chip on the cartridge reader is interchangeable; works on both V1/V2 switches?

My Result

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
I couldn't really easily reach the ribbon cables in such a fashion without really just swapping the entire digitizer over, nor did I feel like doing that, so I just swapped the unpatched board over to the unit of interest instead. Hekate fixed it without a problem. I have not moved the original board back yet though, but I did use the Cart Reader from the unit of interest and not the donor switch. So I should be set.

1690701359426.png

Donor Switch's Reader:

1690701514596.png
1690701716865.png

Unit of Interest's Reader:

1690701543525.png
1690701676199.png

Post automatically merged:

I've put the system back together and it works like a charm. Just sad for those who have no way to boot Hekate. I'm surprised there's no built-in way to calibrate the screen.

Last edited by PRAGMA,

camaleao

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
In my case the touchscreen was not working in the central area. I swapped the card reader unit, and it worked perfectly fine in hekate. I updated the firmware, now it does not work on the central area again, either on hekate or OFW...also now fans are full speed when i start the console, except in hekate where fan starts loud if joycons are not attached to console

Last edited by camaleao,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
In my case the touchscreen was not working in the central area. I swapped the card reader unit, and it worked perfectly fine in hekate. I updated the firmware, now it does not work on the central area again, either on hekate or OFW...also now fans are full speed when i start the console, except in hekate where fan starts loud if joycons are not attached to console
Sounds like something is corroded. Open it up and look for corrosion near the ribbon cables going to the screen.

Reactions: camaleao

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.