Hacking DSiWare System Transfer

chaser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Following the Plailect guide, I carried out a Fieldrunners DSiWare downgrade by doing a System Transfer from my old previously a9lh'd 2DS to my new N3DS. Everything worked fine, and the NNID also transferred from my old 2DS to my new N3DS.

I know I can't do a System Transfer back to my old 2DS, but if possible I would like to get the Fieldrunners back onto my old 2DS. Is this possible? If I phone Nintendo, will they just transfer my NNID back to the old 2DS? If so, how do I get the Fieldrunners game back onto the 2DS? Is this done by simply restoring the 2DS NAND backup I took before initiating the first transfer? Do I need to call Nintendo before doing the NAND restore on my 2DS, or does it not matter which comes first?

tipsytoto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This worked for me a couple days ago but more recently I've heard Nintendo has removed fieldrunners as a 'redownloadable title' too, which is how I got it back on the original 2ds. Maybe someone else can confirm. If that is the case, I wouldn't try.

Reactions: chaser

tipsytoto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So did you do a NAND restore, or did you not need to do that because you were able to redownload?

I did not need to because I was able to redownload as of this previous Monday. I saw a report a day later that this is no longer an option though.

Reactions: chaser

chaser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Quick update on this. I called Nintendo today, and they unlinked my NNID from my N3DS without any issue.

I then set up my NNID on my old 2DS again and went into the eShop. The eShop reported that 3 previously purchased titles were available for re-download, including Fieldrunners. Unfortunately, when I tried to re-download Fieldrunners I got an error (can't remember the details). The other 2 titles downloaded fine.

In the end I restored the 2DS NAND backup I took prior to the original transfer, and that has worked fine. Fieldrunners has re-appeared on my 2DS - along with a bunch of other titles. I also had to reformat the system memory on my N3DS to clean up all traces of the original NNID (in particular to get rid of the old Mii). This meant that I had to re-inject FBI into the H&S app to get my other .cia files installed again, but that was all straight forward. Happy again.

Based on the above, my recommendation to others in a similar position is to make sure you backup the NAND of your O3DS (or 2DS) if you're going to use it for DSiWare downgrade - particularly if you want the exploitable DSiWare title (Fieldrunners in my case) back on your original 2/3DS after you've downgraded your new 3DS. This info is already in the guide, but it doesn't really spell out why, so you might be tempted to skip it. Don't!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-