RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Scott-105 said:
I have 200 points to spare, and I was going to do the hack. Although, after reading through this thread it seems kind of pointless in the state it's in now, with compatibility and such.
It might still be worth grabbing the game before Nintendo can do anything, this same exploit might come in handy later.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:
Scott-105 said:
I have 200 points to spare, and I was going to do the hack. Although, after reading through this thread it seems kind of pointless in the state it's in now, with compatibility and such.
It might still be worth grabbing the game before Nintendo can do anything, this same exploit might come in handy later.

Exactly what I've just done. Wonder if it'll top the 'most popular' list by the end of the week
tongue.gif

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
RupeeClock said:
Scott-105 said:
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I'll probably buy it.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This question seems to crop up a lot, so just to make it very clear:

THERE IS NO DLDI PATCH FOR THE DSi SD CARD SLOT.

THERE WILL NOT BE A DLDI PATCH FOR THE DSi SD CARD SLOT.

ALL HOMEBREW WILL NEED TO BE RECOMPILED WITH A NEW LIBRARY FOR IT TO WORK WITH THE DSi SD CARD SLOT.

i.e. any homebrew that is abandoned and closed source, will most likely never work properly with the DSi.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scott-105 said:
RupeeClock said:
Scott-105 said:
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I'll probably buy it.

Exactly what I did. It's not that bad of a game for two bucks, either. (Compared to what else is on the DSiWare for 2 dollars.)

tyrran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First and foremost, I'm very excited for this news. I think that, now that the gate is open, people will built and test with this new, awesome exploit, and we're going to see something verrrrry nice shortly.
Edit: got in. Stupid internet.

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just updated to 1.4.1U and bought 1000 points and bought EA Sudoku, and it was only after doing all that that I realised I just announced myself to Nintendo as someone trying to use an exploit on their DSi! Doh!

And can anyone recommend me something to spend my remaining 800 points on before my account is blocked?

jackdanielchan

Trophies
XP
Country
mechagouki said:
I just updated to 1.4.1U and bought 1000 points and bought EA Sudoku, and it was only after doing all that that I realised I just announced myself to Nintendo as someone trying to use an exploit on their DSi! Doh!

And can anyone recommend me something to spend my remaining 800 points on before my account is blocked?
It won't be blocked, there could be many people out there to just so happen to update and purchase that Sudoku game, if Nintendo banned everyone who did that, we may find some unhappy, 'innocent' people...

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
BlueStar said:
Exactly what I've just done.
Me too.

I'm really happy about this... Proper DSimode (ie CPU, RAM, SD card access, Cameras? etc) for homebrew developers?
I really hope there are others interested too.
Big up team twiizers. Thank you

Astoria

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
One question. This exploit gathers the DSi-unique data from the Sudoku game and put that data in a hacked SUdoku game right? So why we can't gather that data from another game/app and put it in the hacked Sudoku game?

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Josephvb10 said:
One question. This exploit gathers the DSi-unique data from the Sudoku game and put that data in a hacked SUdoku game right? So why we can't gather that data from another game/app and put it in the hacked Sudoku game?
No. The way DSiWare works is that when you copy it to the SD card, it puts the game and the save into a single .bin file. So what the patcher does is inject a hacked saved game that causes a glitch when loaded, which Team Twiizers have manipulated to make the glitch load a .nds file on the SD card.

EDIT: Actually, a more proper term would be "exploit", but you get the idea.
EDIT2: I realized I didn't answer your question. The exploit in question is searched for beforehand, and TT put it into a save file for us to enjoy. So they'd have to look through different games to find exploits, and not all games have them.

Joktan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rememeber when the cooking hack was anounced?i remember everybody going im buying the game as we speak and stuff and look wherer it has gotton us?no wherer at all...so everyone is like ahhh hack muct buy game now!!!!!!but if ya think about it why be all ahhh wehn if something like that game can be hacked then why cant flipnote a free game that every person in the world who owns a dsi has???and gosh i just read threw all 11 pages and you can tell almost no one reads a word casue every body is answering the same question over and over..,..sorry i just needed to rant...but this is exciting news..

gtmtnbiker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
squirrelman10 said:
it didnt work idk what im doing wrong ill try it again later

You have to drag the DSiware file (.bin) onto the patching program.
It doesn't have an interface or anything.

Not sure why you bother helping people who can't read through the thread and read the blog entry. If they can't take a few minutes to get educated, then they should go pound sand.

QUOTE(Another World @ Jan 27 2011, 03:42 PM)
some sites you can buy a prepaid visa card using paypal, then buy the dsi cards from a store like target, gamestop, etc. i usually buy my cards from amazon.com, i think they have a paypal option (i honestly can't remember). amazon is nice because if you get 2 they ship them for free and charge no tax =P.

If you have mastercard/visa, you can buy points directly through the shop channel. Yes, you'll pay sales tax but it's the quickest way to get points.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gtmtnbiker said:
RupeeClock said:
squirrelman10 said:
it didnt work idk what im doing wrong ill try it again later

You have to drag the DSiware file (.bin) onto the patching program.
It doesn't have an interface or anything.

Not sure why you bother helping people who can't read through the thread and read the blog entry. If they can't take a few minutes to get educated, then they should go pound sand.

Because it makes a hell of a lot more sense wasting a post bitching at them. Or in your case, bitching at someone just helping out.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

darkriku2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joktan said:
rememeber when the cooking hack was anounced?i remember everybody going im buying the game as we speak and stuff and look wherer it has gotton us?no wherer at all...so everyone is like ahhh hack muct buy game now!!!!!!but if ya think about it why be all ahhh wehn if something like that game can be hacked then why cant flipnote a free game that every person in the world who owns a dsi has???and gosh i just read threw all 11 pages and you can tell almost no one reads a word casue every body is answering the same question over and over..,..sorry i just needed to rant...but this is exciting news..

Not every game is going to have the same vulnerability. He probably found this one to be the best game to use. Also, difference between this and the cooking game is that this allows you to run nds files while the other one had to have special files running in assembly.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Joktan: That's because Cooking Coach is a cartridge, a physical thing people need to buy. Which probably sells for the full price of a DS game ($30+), while this sells for $2. In addition, it's more difficult to transfer saves to a retail cartridge, so that could've driven people off (while this game only needs an SD card and a Windows PC to install).
And they probably tried Flipnote Studio, Team Twiizers have stated that they were trying to look for an exploit for the Wii in Wii Sports and couldn't find one, and that was why they switched to Twilight Princess.

Cuelhu said:
and still no video from OzModChips.
That's not their fault, the person who gave them the news hasn't provided them with any more info. They even said so themselves, if they had access to the video, they would've uploaded it already.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :D:)