1. T3GZdev

T3GZdev head of T3GZdev

United States
    finally my DS homebrew can begin on DSi [​IMG]
    i just tested some of my projects & everything works [​IMG]
    its truely DSimode [​IMG]
    for anyone interested in joining the team pm me.

2. Josephvb10

Josephvb10 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Costa Rica
    Well, well no more to say except for let´s wait for the DSi version of hacmii installer [​IMG]

3. doyama

doyama GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    The DSi Store doesn't really have the revocation capabilities that would be required to do that. Once you purchase the product, they dont' really have any mechanism to remotely 'kill switch' it. It might be possible to say release a firmware update that removes the capability to copy games/saves to the SD card. I also don't think DSi games really have much capabilities to be 'updated' in the field.

4. YayMii

YayMii hi

Canada
    Well, the best they can do is make an update that detects the hacked save and automatically deletes it. That has happened multiple times to the Twilight hack.

5. doyama

doyama GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    You'll probably want to wait until the ndslib libraries are updated to support the internal sd card. I think there's going to be a lot of changes in the next week, so keep a wait and see until things settle down. No sense coding for something that might literally change within an hour.

6. doyama

doyama GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    To me it's not clear if that's even practical? You'd probably have to create something fairly sophisticated since the file contains both the game and the save that are probably encrypted with a per-console key. So you'd in essense be deleting both the game and the save file at the same time. That's even assuming you can easilly detect it. Since there's not much space on the DSi do you want to spend a lot of space and energy for this? I suppose once decrypted it might be easier to detect. Still means it would have to extract and compare at runtime?

7. malc12

malc12 Newbie
    Newcomer

Hungary
    So can someone tell me why I can't get DsLibris or Dsreader to work? Those are the ones I want on my DSi!

8. ThatOtherPerson

ThatOtherPerson Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    The timing of this amuses me. I literally just put down my DSi after installing the firmware for and testing out my newly received free pre production iEvolution cart (the first cartridge to support DSi mode) and now there is news that this can be accomplished without the need for any cart at all.

9. FireGrey

FireGrey Undercover Admin

People are saying the DSi can't be hacked, but it looks easier then the wii.
    Just it hasn't had as much effort to hack as the wii.
    Nintendo are gonna be scared when they find this out.

10. Josephvb10

Josephvb10 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Costa Rica
    Well this is the first exploit made of the DSi Ware VulnList. There are 4 games (and 2 more at the waiting list) that can possibly be exploited, and would allow the DSi-mode homebrew to other regions.

11. RiderLeangle

RiderLeangle GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Well what are the other games anyways? Anything else for the US region?
    Because I'm kind of annoyed that I only have 100 points left and the exploit is in a game I don't have and don't want to have to spend $20 to get a points card (Or did they make a smaller one without me knowing?... I haven't needed one of those things in forever for Wii and DSi I've just been using the 1000 free points from launch..)

Would one possibly be photo dojo? I got it when it was free and that game is crap.. XD

12. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

United States
    Anyone wanting to know what to spend their other 800 pts on, I recommend either Mighty Flip Champs or Shantae: Risky's Revenge.

13. Another World

Another World Emulate the Planet!
    Former Staff

Colombia
    that game is 1200, unless they lowered the cost.

-another world

14. T3GZdev

T3GZdev head of T3GZdev

United States
    yea true but iv been doing DS homebrew fro a while & i havent really announced anything.
    i think its time i started. [​IMG] for t3 games DS, DSi, & PC dev.
    ill put a link up soon to my site [​IMG]
    or make a tread.

but for this exploit, the sound, touchscreen, doesnt seem to work.
    cant wait for the update tho .
    devkitpro, palib, & nitro engines gonna need some updating too [​IMG]
    maby theyll make a libdsi or something lol

i also discovered that it doesnt work with micro SDHC cards, when i tried my sandisk 4GB micro SDHC card i kept getting white screens, but when i put in my sandisk 256MB SD card & my sandisk 2GB micro SD card it works perfectly with everything.

15. Sychophantom

Sychophantom I'm a plant.

United States
    Hrm. Already owned it on my DSi, but have to buy it again for the DSiXL. Stupid single system lock.

16. lovely79

lovely79 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks for the information, but I hoped if they did that for the freeware (Flipnote Studio) (Nintendo DSi Browser) instead of Sudoku [​IMG]
    Note: I test both of them not working, I know that's insane but I tried [​IMG]

17. GreatZimkogway

GreatZimkogway Still a Touhou Fanatic

United States
    So what can we run using this? Anything?(At the moment, like right now, I mean)

18. tyrran

tyrran Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    This is a silly general question, so if someone could please handle it gently, I'd appreciate it:

After scoping the list from DSiBrew, it seems the *only* DSiWare game on the VulnList that's available on the Japanese DSi (so far) is Legend of Exidia. Although I somewhat understand the nature of the exploit for Sudoku, I'm not certain if it can be duplicated to work on another DSiWare. I understand it's not as easy as patching one to another, I'm not asking something like that. What I am saying is, now that the first exploit has been successfully created for the public market, what is the likelihood that a similar exploit can be found and implemented for Exidia? If there's an easier way (such as this exploit may now open up something universal) I'm hopeful it becomes apparent soon.

19. GreatZimkogway

GreatZimkogway Still a Touhou Fanatic

United States
    Tried it on mine. Can't get anything to run, but it works, nonetheless.

20. Stevetry

Stevetry Most perverted person in GBATEMP
    Banned

this is amazing but the thing is what to do wen Nintendo pull the game out of the store what can users that were no able to buy the game do ?

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Sudokuhax, DSiWare, Exploit