1. Scott-105

Scott-105 Bow to me. Please?

Canada
    I have 200 points to spare, and I was going to do the hack. Although, after reading through this thread it seems kind of pointless in the state it's in now, with compatibility and such.

2. RupeeClock

RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

It might still be worth grabbing the game before Nintendo can do anything, this same exploit might come in handy later.

3. BlueStar

BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

Exactly what I've just done. Wonder if it'll top the 'most popular' list by the end of the week [​IMG]

4. Scott-105

Scott-105 Bow to me. Please?

Canada
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I'll probably buy it.

5. SifJar

SifJar Not a pirate

This question seems to crop up a lot, so just to make it very clear:

THERE IS NO DLDI PATCH FOR THE DSi SD CARD SLOT.

THERE WILL NOT BE A DLDI PATCH FOR THE DSi SD CARD SLOT.

ALL HOMEBREW WILL NEED TO BE RECOMPILED WITH A NEW LIBRARY FOR IT TO WORK WITH THE DSi SD CARD SLOT.

i.e. any homebrew that is abandoned and closed source, will most likely never work properly with the DSi.

6. Windaga

Windaga GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Exactly what I did. It's not that bad of a game for two bucks, either. (Compared to what else is on the DSiWare for 2 dollars.)

7. tyrran

tyrran Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    First and foremost, I'm very excited for this news. I think that, now that the gate is open, people will built and test with this new, awesome exploit, and we're going to see something verrrrry nice shortly.
    Edit: got in. Stupid internet.

8. Deadmon

Deadmon A Temper

Canada
    Yeah, I can't access the store either.

9. jackdanielchan

jackdanielchan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Why Sudoku though...? Was it convenience or was it just one DSiware they seemed to be working on at the time...?

10. mechagouki

mechagouki Kill 'em all...

Canada
    I just updated to 1.4.1U and bought 1000 points and bought EA Sudoku, and it was only after doing all that that I realised I just announced myself to Nintendo as someone trying to use an exploit on their DSi! Doh!

And can anyone recommend me something to spend my remaining 800 points on before my account is blocked?

11. jackdanielchan

jackdanielchan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

It won't be blocked, there could be many people out there to just so happen to update and purchase that Sudoku game, if Nintendo banned everyone who did that, we may find some unhappy, 'innocent' people...

12. kineticUk

kineticUk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Me too.

I'm really happy about this... Proper DSimode (ie CPU, RAM, SD card access, Cameras? etc) for homebrew developers?
    I really hope there are others interested too.
    Big up team twiizers. Thank you

13. Josephvb10

Josephvb10 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Costa Rica
    One question. This exploit gathers the DSi-unique data from the Sudoku game and put that data in a hacked SUdoku game right? So why we can't gather that data from another game/app and put it in the hacked Sudoku game?

14. YayMii

YayMii hi

Canada
    No. The way DSiWare works is that when you copy it to the SD card, it puts the game and the save into a single .bin file. So what the patcher does is inject a hacked saved game that causes a glitch when loaded, which Team Twiizers have manipulated to make the glitch load a .nds file on the SD card.

EDIT: Actually, a more proper term would be "exploit", but you get the idea.
    EDIT2: I realized I didn't answer your question. The exploit in question is searched for beforehand, and TT put it into a save file for us to enjoy. So they'd have to look through different games to find exploits, and not all games have them.

15. Joktan

Joktan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    rememeber when the cooking hack was anounced?i remember everybody going im buying the game as we speak and stuff and look wherer it has gotton us?no wherer at all...so everyone is like ahhh hack muct buy game now!!!!!!but if ya think about it why be all ahhh wehn if something like that game can be hacked then why cant flipnote a free game that every person in the world who owns a dsi has???and gosh i just read threw all 11 pages and you can tell almost no one reads a word casue every body is answering the same question over and over..,..sorry i just needed to rant...but this is exciting news..

16. Cuelhu

Cuelhu GBATemp's Pepelatz Driver

Brazil
    and still no video from OzModChips.

17. gtmtnbiker

gtmtnbiker GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If you have mastercard/visa, you can buy points directly through the shop channel. Yes, you'll pay sales tax but it's the quickest way to get points.

18. GreatZimkogway

GreatZimkogway Still a Touhou Fanatic

United States
    Because it makes a hell of a lot more sense wasting a post bitching at them. Or in your case, bitching at someone just helping out. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. darkriku2000

darkriku2000 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Not every game is going to have the same vulnerability. He probably found this one to be the best game to use. Also, difference between this and the cooking game is that this allows you to run nds files while the other one had to have special files running in assembly.

20. YayMii

YayMii hi

Canada
    @Joktan: That's because Cooking Coach is a cartridge, a physical thing people need to buy. Which probably sells for the full price of a DS game ($30+), while this sells for $2. In addition, it's more difficult to transfer saves to a retail cartridge, so that could've driven people off (while this game only needs an SD card and a Windows PC to install).
    And they probably tried Flipnote Studio, Team Twiizers have stated that they were trying to look for an exploit for the Wii in Wii Sports and couldn't find one, and that was why they switched to Twilight Princess.

That's not their fault, the person who gave them the news hasn't provided them with any more info. They even said so themselves, if they had access to the video, they would've uploaded it already.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Sudokuhax, DSiWare, Exploit