Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
hmmm

no offense man, but DSision2 may be eye candy, it's a pain in the ass to control.

but considering your other homebrew I can guess that i won't be complaining for long.
wink.gif

Boriar

Trophies
XP
Country
Boriar said:
Can you make an option to select the names of bmp to be release number or game (file) name?
Something more. Can you let user select the directories for each resource?

Please Spinal, can you answer my question?
Better than that, is it posible to use png to match with SunOL homebrew
rolleyes.gif
(XXXX_BOXART.png, XXXX_LOGO.png, XXXX_SSHOT.png)?

All that images use to many space to duplicate with the bmp for DSision2 also on the contrary.

In other way I'm waiting for your next updates
gbasp.gif

leinad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I dont think it is possible to get a release number: Those numbers are given by the scene and nowhere inside the rom. It would be required to have the whole rom+number list on the card somewhere, which then would make problems when a game occures which isnt in the list...

NeoRame

Trophies
Website
www.neorame.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
first i have to say: AWESOME Homebrew. i´m a DSTT user and i hate the boring original menu. but now since DSision2 and THIS Tutorial my menu looks great
wink.gif

but i have some question and ideas:

first i use 2 microSd cards, a 2 GB (FAT) standart microSD and a 4 GB (FAT32) SDHC microSd.

with this tutorial (the link on my post start) DSision2 works fine on the 2 GB card only the long loding time on startup are horrible (up to 10 sec).
but when i use this DSision2 for my 4GB Card DSision2 start (same long loading times) but i cant sart any of my games/ Homebrews?
any ideas why i cant start it on my 4GB card???

next point i have try to create my personal theme, but this bmp indexing stuff is for ass, is it possible to use png??? or is there any tutorial to create index pmb via photoshop?? its not the problem to create indexing bmp but evrey time i have a wrong format or whatever, and i get graphic glitches on my ds...

and for the long loading times i have an idea, i am an PortableApps.com user and they are the same problems on long app lists but PA have a solution for that....
is it posible to use a database file?? and set a extra button an a chackbox in the settings screen the button for refreshing the app list and the checkbox to activate /deactivate loading via database. the db File include all infos like nds file boxart hide nds o not...
so DSision2 must only load ond startup the DB file, and not evrey nds file......

kind regards

NeoRame

WoobiE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think making a theme for this is too hard once you get your head around the index and image masks. I still have abit of trouble with image masking so I don't really bother with it. I will in the future once this gets updated more, if it get more updates that is. Here is my theme that I am currently using.
Screen.png

Of course this is only the images from my computer put together. If ya want an acutal picture of it in action just ask.

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
leinad said:
I dont think it is possible to get a release number: Those numbers are given by the scene and nowhere inside the rom. It would be required to have the whole rom+number list on the card somewhere, which then would make problems when a game occures which isnt in the list...
Why would it build problems?
Why not do something like create a file with a list of infos like:
Full file name
ROM_NUMBER=0000
ROM_NAME=****
ROM_INFORMATION=SQUARE ENIX

I have never seen the source code, but I don't think it will be that hard to make a statement to check for an entry, and read from the ROM if there isn't.
Won't loading time also decrease, because if there is information already on a file, that's less info to read from the ROM?
Or does the conditional statement only increase loading time?

Another method is doing something similar to the icon cache, but instead, the ROM information.
And if the user can edit that cached information via a regular hex editor, the concerns about editing the info etc will be gone.

NeoRame

Trophies
Website
www.neorame.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@woobie, to create theme without all this indexing tranzparency stuff is not the problem. my prob IS this INDEX and masket stuff, my theme is done to 80 % but these fu***** 8bit index color stuff will not work.... GRRRRR

here some pics of my theme

originals as preview:

klo.png
settings.png

and here theme in action (sorry for thes bad Pics i made it with my smartphone)

p2dbaqwx.jpg

ig2foiey.jpg

btw have anyone a no$gba version wich works with DSision2? for creating better screenshots??

kind regards
NeoRame

NeoRame

Trophies
Website
www.neorame.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wih all masked images like the ds cardige icons and the left and right.bmp.....

when i convert it it in the righ format with custum collor shema, i get grafhic glitches .... but when i save it in windows standart color shema the pic will show corectly but the colors looks not so clean like the original Pic

WoobiE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Try saving it index coloured in photoshop .bmp format that is. Then open it up in paint or PAINT.NET and save over it. I had to fiddle around alot as well. Also another thing is that the magic pink, black and white in the index palette in photoshop are sometimes off. So just check the palette of your image before saving. Hope that helps. Maybe I'll go and make myself a new theme and see what problems I run into.

PLEASE DELETE THIS POST. INTERNET STUFFED UP AND DOUBLE POSTED. SORRY

WoobiE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had some trouble as well. Make it an index in photoshop then save it as a bitmap. Just check your index palette in photoshop first because some colours are not what you think they are to be. I got magic pink to be off by a few numbers as well as white and black. After you are happy with it save and then open it up in paint or PAINT.NET. Save it as a .bmp over the old file and see if that works. Hope that helps. I might go and make some themes as well to see what other trouble I can run into.

WoobiE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No problems at all NeoRame, glad I could help you out man.
Yo spinal, is there any way to move where the boxart is placed?

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
WoobiE said:
No problems at all NeoRame, glad I could help you out man.
Yo spinal, is there any way to move where the boxart is placed?

Not yet, I never even thought about doing it to be honest. Maybe if i remember in the future ill add it.

Also, for anyone having trouble using indexed images in photoshop, the solution is extremely simple.. DON'T USE PHOTOSHOP, it is not designed for that sort of thing. A much better, far cheaper solution is PAINT SHOP PRO , which is far easier to use and is specifically designed for messing with indexed images and gives you full control over palettes etc. as well as different options for the colour reduction.

NeoRame

Trophies
Website
www.neorame.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
spinal have you read my post (#366) ??? what do you think about that

QUOTE said:
the solution is extremely simple.. DON'T USE PHOTOSHOP

but photoshop is the better graphic tool ;-) so i use CS3 for image creation and paint.net for converting.... ;-)

WoobiE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yea Photoshop is a powerful gfx editing program but like spinal said, it's not really made for bitmap. I have to agree on this one, but at lease we did find a solution to it. Thanks for letting us know spinal.

Boriar

Trophies
XP
Country
Apart from the known problem with the SDHC (a solution?), is it normal that when i try to run a game (not homebrew) instead of run it, they only load ysmenu but without execute the game?

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...