spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
For those of you that get green screens, dsision if failing to load the theme. Make sure you have the dsision folder also in the root of the card.

For those who can not get dsision to work seamlessly with ysmenu, make sure you installed ysmenu by hand, without using ysauto, it seams that people who used ysauto can't get it working right.

to set up ysmenu by hand, download the latets version for yasu's site, extract it to your card, run akextract.exe or ttextract.exe, r4 users i think need to run ttextract.exe, you may need the ttds firmware also (im not sure about that). After that, evetyting should work fine.

JPdensetsu

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Taiwan
And why no support for the "better" flashcards?
frown.gif
Anyway, It's a good homebrew. I hope there will be more themes.

George290506

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
spinal_cord said:
For those of you wanting to boot commercial games.... I'm going to have to let the secret out...

You need to have ysmenu on your card. DSision will search for ysmenu.nds on the root of your card and use that to boot the roms. Make sure ysmenu is set up right and working, then just select the rom you want to load from dsision and everything will take care of itself.

Yes, but it launches YSMenu and not the game directly. Anyway, Your loader is fantastic!!!

HowardC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a totally different problem when loading games......

When I try to load a game ysmenu appears to start (I guess) but it freezes with my top screen black and my bottom screen white, as if it tried to load the game but hung up. Now if I go back to my current firmware and run ysmenu from there it not only loads, but auto-loads the last game I tried to launch within dsision, telling me that ysmenu is both setup correctly (or at least correctly enough) and that dsision is properly writing the ysmenu.ini.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Oh it should be noted that I'm running a r4 III upgrade which does NOT use theofficial r4 firmare and naming conventions. (I know, but real r4's are getting hard to find, the III clone supports larger sd cards, and I just got my ds for xmas.)

a2h

Trophies
XP
Country
It'd be wonderful if you could have this thing backlit on a DS Phat.

The backlight turns off when DSision loads...

EDIT: Oh, I had to edit the ini...

HowardC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good News!

I discovered the root of the ysmenu issues. Some of the builds of ysmenu (depending upon the card of course) read the ysmenu.ini from the root folder and some read it from the TTMENU folder, even with the actual ysmenu.nds file in the root folder. I confirmed it on my r4 clone my manually adjusting the autoboot.... the app is simply making a ysmenu.ini in root folder and changing the autoboot setting there, which has no effect on the special clone builds of ysmenu. Builds made by r4dsauto use an ini in the TTMENU folder as well.

I sent a PM to spinal_cord so hopefully it will be possible for him to add an option to edit the ysmenu.ini in the ttmenu folder.

HowardC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even better news! We can fix this problem ourselves!

Ok here's the deal... apparently ysmenu looks for the ini in both the root folder AND the ttmenu folder. The odd thing is, if both are present it uses the one in the ttmenu folder and NOT the root folder's ini. So to get things woring simply MOVE (not copy, MOVE) your ysmenu.ini from the ttmenu folder to the root and all will be well.

Also a tip to those who are running clones and can't have thier firmware replaced. Almost every single firmware out there allows the option of booting a "default.nds" rom if it is put in the root folder. Simply rename dcision to default.nds and it'll boot first thing, the only annoyance being you'll see the real firmware as it loads (which we can fix with an all black skin.)

HowardC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it worked, but now I've run into another issue that may or may not be related. Now 90% of the homebrew doesn't load.
frown.gif

I try to run homebrew and either it locks up or complains about FAT not being supported, depending upon the app. The wierd thing is ysmenu loads the apps just fine and I can even run ysmenu from within dsision and then while in ysmenu load the app and it runs fine so it is something that dsision is doing that is duging it up.

I also noticed this in my ysmenu.ini:

==================================

; Auto boot this file (default DEFAULT.NDS)
AUTO_BOOT=ds games
; write it shown on bottom by yourself
VERSION=R4YSauto v0.0.2
; Disable WAIT_CNT on SuperCard
=======================================

Notice the auto boot path... it should be "\DS Apps\DSOrganize_3_2\DSOrganize.nds" in this case. I've found that the auto-boot path is put in wrong for any homebrew and there's no real pattern to it (lmp, for example gets all of the auto-boot path right except the .nds extension). Can you think of what might cause this?

Keep in mind I can launch my apps just fine in ysmenu.

Gryphon93

Trophies
XP
Country
This looks very nice, but I can't get anything to work on my R4DS. I've just read the first pages in this tread, not all of them, so maybe I've missed some important information, but I read that others can't load anything either. Anyway, it's nice and I hope you'll fix so it loads, and I'll replace my R4DS firmware with it! (At least until Soulanger release MENUdo!
tongue.gif
)

glowy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Gryphon93 said:
This looks very nice, but I can't get anything to work on my R4DS. I've just read the first pages in this tread, not all of them, so maybe I've missed some important information, but I read that others can't load anything either. Anyway, it's nice and I hope you'll fix so it loads, and I'll replace my R4DS firmware with it! (At least until Soulanger release MENUdo!
tongue.gif
)
I have no problem using this on an R4 card. Tomorrow I will write an howto how to install it on your R4 (unless someone else does it before I do)

Ballistic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're one of the best homebrew coders ever spinal! I loved your Media Player, especially with the video quality, instant timeskip, and fast converting procedures (compared to DPGs). I really hope you can upgrade and fix that audio though. Then it'll definitely be my main video player.

The DiagnoSe was pretty neat too! I especially liked the pixel fixer, my last one only worked as far as the GBA resolution could reach.

Your DSision 2 was also one answer to my many prayers. I hated my R4 GUI, especially its skinning possibilities. But it the meantime, I'll try to figure out how to properly integrate the commercial ROM loading as well as a few homebrews. By the way, how are cheats support and can you soft reset while in-game (the usual XYAB + LR).

Anyways, thanks so much for now and in advance! Keep up the great work!

a2h

Trophies
XP
Country
When loading YSMenu...

Error: Can't fatInitDefault.

Oh and I'll just note I'm already using YSMenu as _DS_MENU.DAT, so having another ysmenu.nds in the folder... I don't know if something weird happens ._.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    the vram is one advantage when it comes to AI but ends up being slower even with that and really AI is the only use case that needs more than 12gb vram right now
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Interesting lol
    I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the one case where the 7900XT and XTX pulled ahead (minus RTX of course)
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol