Hacking DSision2...

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting a black screen after the splash but I'm probably doing something stupid.

Edit: Told ya. The ini file was missing. Stupid me.

FlashRevolver93

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
damienenterprises.blogspot.com
XP
Country
THANK YOU SO MUCH SPINAL!!! YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!

I will try this as soon as I get home. Nice job!!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
For those of you wanting to boot commercial games.... I'm going to have to let the secret out...

You need to have ysmenu on your card. DSision will search for ysmenu.nds on the root of your card and use that to boot the roms. Make sure ysmenu is set up right and working, then just select the rom you want to load from dsision and everything will take care of itself.

Meikrekel

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So if i want to use it as my firmware it won't boot commercial games?? can you please make a readme file with good instructions on how to install everything well. than I'm going to use this as my default firmware
yaynds.gif

Feels Good Man

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Is this a bug?

I start it up and boot it but then it hangs on a black screen for a good 5 seconds or so.

Maybe perhaps I have too many thing on the root of my card?

Also when using the "L Shortcut" feature the selector goes up and I cant seem to make it go down again. Probably it's hanging again like what I said earlier.

Anyway to go around this? Im using a DSTT btw

Awesome menu btw : )

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
During that 'hang' it is loading the icons for the files in the root of your card, depending on how many files there are, this can take a while, but its better than the menu jittering a lot while scrolling.
As for the shortcuts feature, i must admit I havent even used it much at all, ill have a look.

[edit] If anyone makes a good theme for dsision, please don't hesitate to post it!

[edit again]I forgot, here are some (almost 3000) boxart images for commercial games, just drop the ones you want into the covers folder and rename to match your games.

oxjene

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DSISISON2 is cool but we shuld chose the game 4 two times > first from dsisison menu and second from ys menu... did am right ?

oxjene

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
am usinig r4 ... when i chose game from dsisison the ysmenu appers and i shuld chose the game another time to start the game

L

lilkerv90210

ummm.. im using the itouch ds... and whenever i load.. it loads and i get to green screens and i can navigate the menus but nothing loads properly

Mr.Mysterio

Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
spinal_cord said:
No, it is supposed to be seamless, you only choose the game once from the dsision menu.
Really.I thought i had got it to work properly but I have to select the game twice.How do I get it to be seamless?
Btw I am using an R4 with the official firmware along with YSmenu as a bootable nds file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: It's Mayday fellas