Homebrew dsi wont recognize my acekard anymore

vendula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all.. I have a dsi, acekard2i, worked great for a while, now the dsi does not recognize the card at all ad nothing happened. i played games, movies on it , it was great.. I know this is probably super primitive, but I'm a girl and was proud to even get it all working in the first place.. Anyone help? Greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
when did it stop working?Did you update the card to 1.4?if so google the 1.4 fix.If it just stopped working for some strange reason,try opening it up in your pc and check the files

vendula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! that was fast:) Honestly? It worked for a while and now maybe about a month it isn't so I am not even sure what happened nor what I did back then. I just have all the old files on it that I started with.. You mean to open up the fix? I'm going to google now what you suggested. I'm little hesitant to erase anything since I did all that a while ago..

vendula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am downloading it at the moment, would you mind recommending what should I do with it? Do I need to put it on root of sd card and should I erase anything? Thanks!

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
put at the root i guess,then run it on a non-1.4 DSi,check your System Settings and find out if you have 1.4,if you have 1.3 or lower,this 1.4 fix will mean nothing

vendula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh... I don't have any other ds.. is there a way to update it without it? Plus I believe my dsi was 1.4 I have done that before..

vendula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes it is on 1.4 already and it isn't showing any logo,.. the ds simply isn't recognizing the sd card anymore period. Unfortunately I do not have other dsi to do the fix..

EpicPie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tattar8 was trying to say when the AceKard was still working did you have it "Danny Phantomed" where it shows a Danny Phantom logo instead of the regular AceKard logo.

Randamin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to this point the only things left to do is try using the card on a different DS
whether it be a DS lite or the DSi see if it shows up.

if it does recognize on another DS then there may not be proper contact
in the pins.

if it is not recognized by any other then the card itself has passed away
and the only solution would be a new one, but dont worry the data on the microsdd
SHOULD still be intact.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: