Hacking DSi with 1.4.3U , M3 has new F-Core but still ERROR

BOXXDR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I downloaded and flashed the newest F-core right from the link at m3adapter.com and it clearly states

QUOTE said:
Update the firmware of the M3i Zero GMP-Z003 card to support running in new 3DS (Ver. 2.1.0-3E, Ver. 2.1.0-3J, Ver. 2.1.0-3U) and DSi (Ver 1.4.3E, Ver 1.4.3J, Ver 1.4.3U, Ver 1.4.4C) system version.

My DSi is running 1.4.3U but I am still getting "An error has occurred. Press and hold the blah blah blah.... " My M3 Zero card is the GMP-Z003 . Of course it works fine in a DS Lite.

So, I am looking for anyone that can confirm if the M3 Zero is working for them with that firmware or not.
Also i was surprised the icon is still Chessmaster, in the past a new f-core typically meant it would show up as a different game again. Are other cards also still using chessmaster?

Thanks

BOXXDR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
how_do_i_do_that said:
blah blah blah...bottom of the page. Run the fix.

http://m3adapter.com/SLOT-1_Series_M3i-Zero_G003.htm

Wow, Thanks.

I did read that but i thought the fix was needed on 3DS consoles only. Then i ran it anyhow but also did the fcore update after and duh that must have written over the fix..

Any reason why this fix is not provided as a fcore file? The big feature of these M3 cards to me is that you never need to use a old DS Lite to update them and well i just had to use a DS Lite to update it.
frown.gif

BOXXDR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
how_do_i_do_that said:
The M3 team chose not to make a new FCORE with the fix for whatever reason. I don't work for them so I can't give a reasonable answer other than they didn't.

Fair enough, well anyhow thanks again for pointing me in the right direction. I love it when the solution is something so easy.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica

bmdevoeii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
blah blah blah...bottom of the page. Run the fix.

http://m3adapter.com/SLOT-1_Series_M3i-Zero_G003.htm

I need some assistance. My DSi is running 1.4.3U but I am still getting "An error has occurred. Press and hold the blah blah blah.... " My M3 Zero card is the GMP-Z003 . I've tried 2 different m3i cards. I started off with formating my micro sdcard(fat32). then i put F_CORE_v2.0.2 & the system folder on the root of card. next i put sd card in m3i zero and it flashed. then i deleted F_CORE_v2.0.2 and put M3GUpdaterPlus_143.nds on sd card(still with the system folder. put sd card back in m3i and turned on dsi. my icon is a crown the name is chessmaster ubisoft entertainment. i press "a" and get the "an error has occured" message...help please

bmdevoeii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
you need a DS or DSL to run the fix.

Thanks for the help. could you point me in the right direction. is there a tutorial or step by step guide as to what i need to do.

GuyLuigi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Since yesterday was my DSi with 1.4.1E and my M3iZero gone perfectly. I updated my DSi because of Zelda Four Swords download, DSi is now my and my M3iZero 1.4.3E (NO GMP-Z003) has stopped working.

I have installed the latest Core (F_CORE.DAT 2.0.2) and the last Sakura / Touchpood (4.9a) by connecting the cable and we always cycle now appears as the title Chessmaster does not work, read all over internet I got up and down the "M3GUpdaterPlus_143.nds" and started from Sakura Touchpood from a NDSLite and I get the error:

\ M3GUpdaterPlus \ V1.43.00 2011-A
(build on Aug 23 2011 11:45:43)
SW: V1.03
HW: V4.07

Invalid cartridge. System halt.

Is there any way to run the M3iZero than in a GMP-Z003 updated DSi? We will have a wave of questions like these because of Zelda xD.

PD: Sorry for my bad English, I´m a new user from Spain xD.

tkg21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
"So I want to download the 4 Swords Zelda on DSiWare (Japanese, 'cuz my DSi is J)... but I must first update the firmware of my DSi to the 1.4.3J
Does anyone here knows if M3i zero (not GMP-Z003 - so I guess it's v1) will handle the update?

Thanks for the attention."

That would be my question, if I didn't read these killer words right now: "It means the you got a junk cart now."

Oh, f#k... -.-' I should bought the Acekard ¬¬'

rabiancone

Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Gentlemen (and ladies),

I have the answer to your question and will hopefully be able to put an end to this debacle. It took me countless hours of forum searching, foraging through other peoples innacurate advices and attempts to solve the problem, before I realized what should have been so painfully obvious to me from the beginning. Brace yourselves, this is not what you want to hear (unless you have easy access to a DS Lite).

THIS UPDATE CAN ONLY BE DONE ON DS LITE!

Sadly, it's true. Once the update is completed on a DS Lite the M3i Zero card can be used on DSi, but until then you're SOL.

So, if you're some poor shmuck like me who has no friends and no possibility of getting your hands on a DS Lite you'll have to do what I did and buy a Supercard DSTwo.

It'll be worth it in the end. Atleast I hope so. I'm still waiting for UPS to deliver it because they're nothing but a bunch of moronic fuc*ing jackasses who are incapable of wiping their own asses.

The end.

GuyLuigi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dude, this obviously only works in GMP-Z003 series, normal series DOESN´T WORK doing everything right.

As you say you have to get annoyed and buy another flashcard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill