Hardware DSi Top screen a tiny bit dimmer

Lumpy64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I bought a DSi XL about a month ago in basically perfect condition, but recently ive noticed that the top screen is ever so slightly dimmer that the bottom. Is this a sign that the top screen is going to die soon? like within a year? i would include a picture, but the difference didn't show up on camera

-thanks

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Do yourself a favor, and just buy two replacement screens from eBay. I did, and I^ have no regrets. Both of mine had been turning yellow. Now they're perfect. I did have to calibrate them with the potentiometers on the back to get rid of the flicker, but well worth taking the time to do so.

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You can try adjusting the potentiometer for the top screen, it might be the issue, it's located to the left of the battery behind the battery cover, and the top one is for the top screen. Otherwise you shouldn't worry too much if it's just a slight difference, they'll probably be fine for a lot longer, and while they're working and usable, it would be a waste to already replace them in my opinion. The replacement and especially of the top screen can also be troublesome and it's easy to mess up and break if you're not experienced with it.

Lumpy64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can try adjusting the potentiometer for the top screen, it might be the issue, it's located to the left of the battery behind the battery cover, and the top one is for the top screen. Otherwise you shouldn't worry too much if it's just a slight difference, they'll probably be fine for a lot longer, and while they're working and usable, it would be a waste to already replace them in my opinion. The replacement and especially of the top screen can also be troublesome and it's easy to mess up and break if you're not experienced with it.
how much longer do you think? If it will last more than a year, I won't bother buying them now

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
how much longer do you think? If it will last more than a year, I won't bother buying them now
Really depends on how much you use it and what kind of environments you use and store it in, but since this isn't something that would make me worried that the thing is slowly approaching its death in the first place, I'd say it would last much longer than a year. I think you should just wait a bit longer and see if the condition is quickly worsening or not at all.

Lumpy64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Really depends on how much you use it and what kind of environments you use and store it in, but since this isn't something that would make me worried that the thing is slowly approaching its death in the first place, I'd say it would last much longer than a year. I think you should just wait a bit longer and see if the condition is quickly worsening or not at all.
Makes sense. doubt i will still have it in over a year. thanks for all your help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone