OP
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Ok,

I'm stuck on one thing on my DSi and i hope my few questions will be solved in here
wink.gif

1. Is it possible to access the shop channel from outside of Japan (think of all those Japanese ppl living outside of Japan)
2. If Yes, Can i download the free WiiWare stuff like Japanese (Opera) Webbrowser on my DSi
3. When i configure my DSi to go online i get an error code: "61212", this error code is not explained in the manual.

Conclusion:
How the hell do i get online with my DSi
I only want the free Opera Browser (and if there is more free stuff, i also want it
tongue.gif
)

smile.gif

Thanks to anyone answering my questions!

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
OP
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
héhé, first and best answer
smile.gif

I tried WPA/WEp and free access (no wep/wpa)

I always get the 61212 error in the end and it returns me to the settings screen of the DSi

(If only i could read Japanese, but i can't)

(If anybody wants, i can put a few screenshots up)

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
DjoeN said:
Ok,

I'm stuck on one thing on my DSi and i hope my few questions will be solved in here
wink.gif

1. Is it possible to access the shop channel from outside of Japan (think of all those Japanese ppl living outside of Japan)

it's region locked like the nintendo wii you will only be able to download from the ds japan store only, why didn't you wait till it's released in europe? that way you can access the europe store no problems.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
OP
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
jalaneme said:
DjoeN said:
Ok,

wink.gif

it's region locked like the nintendo wii you will only be able to download from the ds japan store only, why didn't you wait till it's released in europe? that way you can access the europe store no problems.

I know it's region locked, but my question comes to:
- Can i access the Japanese DSi store from within Europe ?
- Does anybody knows what error 61212 means (oh, i will put up pictures tomorrow (later this day i mean), don't have a camera by hand now :/ )

If not, no problem, DSi is great and i don't regret getting the Japanese one so early
smile.gif

engruzii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
well i just got my DSi from my brother in japan

and to access to the shop you need to have an account in Nintendo club the Japanese one ofc

and lucky me i used my brother's account and it worked and i downloaded the browser which is the only thing available for now

so i think all you need is the Nintendo club's id and you can download it from anywhere in the world

oh and i think you should download something before you can access the shop menu i think you should download it from the firmware update option which is the 1st option in the 4th menu in the setting and if you did it right it will show a download bar and when it's full the system will shut down after it then you'll be able to access to the shop but then it'll ask for the Nintendo club's id and password and if you want i can give you the one i'm using just pm me and i'll give it to you

oh well hope i was helpful and i hope you're enjoying the DSi as much as i'm enjoying it
yaynds.gif

Pazuzu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DjoeN said:
Yes. There are no IP restrictions on accessing the Shop Channel. I've tested it from at least three countries in Europe.

DjoeN said:
2. If Yes, Can i download the free WiiWare stuff like Japanese (Opera) Webbrowser on my DSi
Yes again.

QUOTE(DjoeN @ Nov 11 2008, 01:42 AM)
3. When i configure my DSi to go online i get an error code: "61212", this error code is not explained in the manual.
I've never seen that before. It could be that your router is incompatible or you have a firewall up. Do you have a Wii/DS that can connect to WFC? In any case, you'd need to screenshot the error for us. =/

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
OP
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Pazuzu said:
DjoeN said:
I've never seen that before. It could be that your router is incompatible or you have a firewall up. Do you have a Wii/DS that can connect to WFC? In any case, you'd need to screenshot the error for us. =/

Yes, DSLite does work perfect, Also my Wii and Xbox360 work flawless on my linksys WAG354G V2 router
Protection is WEP (cause of the DSLite)

Here are the screenshots (28 in total)
There in order how the show up after clicking (marked with red arrow)

f_DSC00001m_574c9db.jpg
I click the DSi shop channel and choose the left option

f_DSC00002m_da356af.jpg
next screen i get i choose again the left option

f_DSC00003m_b421c5a.jpg
next screen again the left option

f_DSC00004m_fa0a0b9.jpg
now it tries to connect

f_DSC00005m_5abf9e8.jpg
after that i get this screen

f_DSC00006m_2729a36.jpg
then it brings me to the wi-fi settings screen

f_DSC00007m_459b2d3.jpg
i click my configured wi-fi

f_DSC00008m_7e51aa4.jpg
choose first option

f_DSC00009m_d9f629e.jpg
click left

f_DSC00010m_5a936c1.jpg
wait

f_DSC00011m_718b190.jpg
get the 61212 error

f_DSC00012m_158162e.jpg
brings me after the error screen back to my wi-fi screen

Trying to update like "engruzii" suggested:

f_DSC00013m_a15a980.jpg
try to update like suggested, choose the 1st option in the 4th screen

f_DSC00014m_fcc3dc5.jpg
click left

f_DSC00015m_90b5274.jpg
click left

f_DSC00016m_0970720.jpg
brings me straight back to the wi-fi screen

Setting up my Wi-Fi: (Sorry had to take another cam, batt was empty of the good one)

f_DSC00651m_d28fdce.jpg
Choose the first to setup my wi-fi

f_DSC00652m_e969cff.jpg
click above to autodetect my wlan

f_DSC00653m_e62232a.jpg
click my wep wlan

f_DSC00654m_60ab082.jpg
click on the empty space

f_DSC00655m_518bb0a.jpg
onscreen keyboard pops up, fill in my wep key (yes it is correct, double checked it several times)

f_DSC00656m_a5cc004.jpg
click OK

f_DSC00657m_ddeb09d.jpg
click OK

f_DSC00658m_26c2bde.jpg
click OK

f_DSC00660m_81b32d5.jpg
Makes connection

f_DSC00662m_9c8e497.jpg
Top screen while it makes connection

f_DSC00011m_718b190.jpg
get the 61212 error

f_DSC00016m_0970720.jpg
brings me back to the wi-fi screen

Pazuzu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, I see the problem.

DjoeN said:
f_DSC00005m_5abf9e8.jpg
after that i get this screen
This is the License Agreement thinger, you should be clicking the option on the right here to proceed. This is what's getting in your way of connecting, every time you hit left (cancel), it brings you back to wifi settings.

QUOTE(DjoeN @ Nov 11 2008, 01:43 PM)
f_DSC00011m_718b190.jpg
get the 61212 error
This isn't an error code, it's a support code. It's actually telling you the test connection worked fine.

engruzii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
f_DSC00005m_5abf9e8.jpg

like Pazuzu said you should click the right option

after that you'll have another 2 options i don't remember which one you should press but i think the lower option but if you click the right one you'll get the download bar then the system will shut down then you can access the shop

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
OP
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Ok, that was really stupid from my side
smile.gif

Pressed the right button, got to another option screen, choose the top one, got back to wi-fi menu
got back to settings pressed the 1st option on the 4th screen.

Now after connection i get another agreement screen (different then the first) got back to the other screen with 2 options
pressed again the top button, now it's downloading
smile.gif

This download takes some time and you have to press "OK" after it, then the DSi turns off

After rebooting i press the DSi shop channel and i get a complete new screen that connects to the channel

Now it asks for an ID and a pass

ThX

If you still have the offer open engruzii -> see pm then.

Pazuzu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh yeah, the Club Nintendo thing is completely optional. I forgot my old ID/password so I just skipped that stage. The only reason it's there, I think, is so you can get Club Nintendo points for DSiWare downloads. Or maybe you can redeem them for something. In any case, skippable.

serrin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks a lot, this post should be stickied for those of us with DSi's but little to no understanding of Japanese. Can I also add that I got the 'error' code 61312 instead of DjeoN's 61212 and 41312 when I used WPA. Also, you need to use wireless settings 4 to 6 for WPA encryption.
Also, perhaps this should be moved to the wi-fi trouble shooting board?

Parasite X

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Parasite X here and I think that we should modify the wii homebrew channel so that it supports the dsi and from there get the dsi to load the dsi homebrew channel using a modified flashcart!

Technik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1. Why didnt you just make your own topic dude, this topic's old.

And 2. Um, Thats a little hard/makes no sense. What does Wii HBC have to do with a modified flash cart? Heck, what does a modified flash cart ( which can only run in Ds mode ) have do do with the dsi shop channel? ( DSI Mode )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission