Gaming DSi SD Card Slot

Jessyb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, this is probably a noobish question.

I first want to make sure I get this out there so I don't get people flaming me. I am NOT wanting to know if their is a way to run homebrew/roms off the SD in the DSi SD slot.

What I am wanting to know is if, I have a micro sd with a converter to make it a full size SD and if I have music and roms on it along with my flash cart firmware and I put it in the SD slot and listen to music off of it will it in anyway damage the system from having .nds files on it?

I'm paranoid, and can't afford a new ds so I'd rather not try until I know.
Why I ask is I have a 2gb card and a 1 gb card and want to keep both with the DS and figure it would be safest (from loosing it) to keep it in the SD slot of the DS. But I still want to listen to music off of it.

I repeat. I'm not asking if their is anyway to play roms off the SD.

Thanks

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm not 100% sure what you're asking, but you can't run the SD card slot after the code to run from Slot-1 has been executed (firmware/hardware limitation).

What I think you're asking is practically custom firmware, which won't be available until the DSi is fully hacked.

Jessyb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for posting it in the wrong section.

Evo.lve: Pretty much what I'm asking is if you can use the SD card slot kinda as a "storage" for extra .nds files (along with (I have acekard 2i) the firmware) for later usage. (That I can later swap the Micro SD card in my AceKard 2i for the one in the SD slot.)

Rydian: Thanks very much for the answer!

Demonstryde

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes .. this is possible.. if you read in your dsi manual there is a way to listen to music off the sd card .. you need to convert the music into aac files and then put them in the correct location so when you go into the music app you can listen to them.... and no anything else extra on the card will not corrupt your dsi system.. it doesnt know what the file is so it wont read it... it may however reformat the card first time you throw it in im not sure...

Jessyb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks
smile.gif
Yea, I know about the music I have a few music files on there and I've already put the card in and all the dsi files are on there. Was just making sure storing .nds files on them wouldn't damage anything.

Thanks for the answers all!

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jessyb said:
Thanks
smile.gif
Yea, I know about the music I have a few music files on there and I've already put the card in and all the dsi files are on there. Was just making sure storing .nds files on them wouldn't damage anything.

Thanks for the answers all!
But that's like asking "If I have EXE files on my memory stick, will it damage my Mac?"
There really wouldn't be any reason it would damage the DS in any way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...