unsure.gif

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GentleFist said:
if games werent this expensive there wouldnt be less piracy...
all that next gen is shit u pay like 120€ for 2 ps3 games thats the price for a ps2...
its k if the console is expensive cause you pay only once

but it sucks when your games cost more than your clothing or other more important things

--> next gen = crap

what planet do you live on ?! €120 for 2 PS3 games!?
unsure.gif
you need to goto another store!

If you shop around you can get them quite cheaply new or cheaper Preowned!

If you take a look at what games are being pirated even the damn budget titles get pirated!!!

So price of games is NOT the issue with piracy at all!

Anyhow back on topic the updates for the cards will be out when they are out and not before..you will find out soon enough no doubt on here!

If you bought a budget DSi flash card and updated and now its not working ... then that's just too bad no one can predict the future ...So stop complaining ...we all expected this to happen it was just a matter of time .. we even discussed the What if scenario on the forum.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
PharaohsVizier said:
markvn said:
Guys, is it very smart of Nintendo? I think it isn't, I should complain it:
Because you can't use you're flashcard anymore if you update, much people aren't going to do it.
And because they are not updating their DSi, they couldn't go to the DSi shop, so then that people can't download DSiware.
And if they can't buy DSiware, Nintendo gets fewer money then normally
smileipb2.png

You can try to rationalize it all you want, the facts are Nintendo updated the DSi. They aren't going to revert back or anything. They've taken a stance already, and pulling back would just seem like a weak move on their part. That being said, I think this is great for Nintendo actually. A whole ton of R4i, iTouch2, etc users just got owned, and users of the AK2i, EZVi, M3iZero, SCDS1i may get owned. Regardless of what happens, they beat a ton of people down. Fighting against piracy is should always be on their to-do list. It is $30-$50 a game. It takes a lot more DSiware sales to make up for one game.

-----------------------------------

My response to this thread is that you guys need to wait. And I mean EVERYONE. There are tons of DS Lite users gloating, while they shouldn't until DSi owners ACTUALLY get owned. There are a lot of people asking for whether this cart will work anymore, stop, it's only been a few hours, less than a day, how fast did you expect them to find a workaround? And for the people who are speculating what team will come out with what next, I think we should really wait to see if a solution comes at all.

Seriously this thread is 10 pages of worthless garbage. Just wait for the answer, I'm sure the front page will be updated as soon as something new comes along.

QFT.

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
Thank you for using my name for this update

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=161180&hl=
"...It could be the month we are all waiting for that the Big N will finally release the worst nightmare of hackers...."
"....So pack those updatable flashcarts like Acekard 2i, EZ Flash Vi, SUPERCARD DS ONEi and the latest (as of writing) the M3i Zero....."

though it says december, I believe it's a couple of months when I posted the topic and this COUPE OF MONTHS is a little sooner. Dont ya think?

I did hinted that it's an anti-flashcart update, right?

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'll give it until the end of the week for some work around to be found by the flashcarts that can be updated in some way.

Can't really blame Nintendo for trying to stamp this out. Though I do feel it is too little too late by this stage in the DS' life cycle.

panacamanana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you go to the DSi settings and go to system update it says that there is an update available, but when you try to get it, it says that your DSi is currently up-to-date.

WioWao

Trophies
XP
Country
Potat4o said:
Saturnplanet5 said:
Anyone want to start work on a Phantom Hourglass hack?
Exactly what I was thinking
smileipb2.png
Is there actually some kind of securityleak in Phantom Hourglass or is people just starting to think that all zeldagames includes a way to hack something? O.o

Gamer4life

I am the Orange Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
markvn said:
Guys, is it very smart of Nintendo? I think it isn't, I should complain it:
Because you can't use you're flashcard anymore if you update, much people aren't going to do it.
And because they are not updating their DSi, they couldn't go to the DSi shop, so then that people can't download DSiware.
And if they can't buy DSiware, Nintendo gets fewer money then normally
smileipb2.png

You can try to rationalize it all you want, the facts are Nintendo updated the DSi. They aren't going to revert back or anything. They've taken a stance already, and pulling back would just seem like a weak move on their part. That being said, I think this is great for Nintendo actually. A whole ton of R4i, iTouch2, etc users just got owned, and users of the AK2i, EZVi, M3iZero, SCDS1i may get owned. Regardless of what happens, they beat a ton of people down. Fighting against piracy is should always be on their to-do list. It is $30-$50 a game. It takes a lot more DSiware sales to make up for one game.

-----------------------------------

My response to this thread is that you guys need to wait. And I mean EVERYONE. There are tons of DS Lite users gloating, while they shouldn't until DSi owners ACTUALLY get owned. There are a lot of people asking for whether this cart will work anymore, stop, it's only been a few hours, less than a day, how fast did you expect them to find a workaround? And for the people who are speculating what team will come out with what next, I think we should really wait to see if a solution comes at all.

Seriously this thread is 10 pages of worthless garbage. Just wait for the answer, I'm sure the front page will be updated as soon as something new comes along.
My Thoughts exactly

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Placeholder said:
America won't get it until the flashcart people have already created a workaround.
Well, let's just hope that the flashcart developers make it difficult for Nintendo do update that patch to stop them.

Placeholder

Trophies
XP
Country
The easiest thing to do would simply be: nothing. If it is true NoA is waiting for flashcart developers to create a fix, so they can patch that. Then don't make a fix for a long time. Nintendo can't hold back these features for too long, right? If nobody releases a patch, Nintendo will just have to release the patch in America.

Of course someone could have just guessed that NoA is waiting for the flashcart developers, maybe Nintendo will release in the USA over the weekend...

CrimsoniteX

Trophies
Website
crims0n.us
XP
Country
United States
I think a lot of people are looking at this the wrong way, this is a good thing. Hackers need a challenge to be motivated, just look at the PSP scene a year ago. Sony and people like Dark AleX were constantly going at it. I'm sure this constant cat and mouse game will produce some satisfying results on the DSi
yaynds.gif

Insighto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so all Flashcarts currently will not work on the DSI with a 1.4 update (I won't update because I have an R4I).
But can anyone give me like a list of flashcarts that can update firmwares and possibly go around the 1.4 update, so far I know that R4i and iTouch2 cannot firmwares, (so I'm screwed) and that the AK2i, EZVi, M3iZero, SCDS1 can. But are those the only ones currently that can update the firmwares, or are there more flashcarts out there currently that can?

ShocWave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just ordered 2 M3i Zero's. One already shipped, but I'm tempted to cancel the 2nd order and wait it out for now.

zacreea

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a r4 a ds lite and going to get dsi. i was going to order the dsi and sell my ds lite i guess i will have to keep two systems
yaynds.gif
frown.gif
well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...