DSi firmware 1.4 blocks flashcards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoist20032002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do any of you fine ladies and gentlemen here think that Nintendo will update the DSi frequently like oh maybe once or twice every couple of weeks? What might be shitty from Nintendo is: What if they send another NDi update right after we get our new bootcode/bootscrap,firmware and whatknot? It will be pointless if Nintendo outwitts the smartest game hackers and programmers.....Anybody think I have something here?

D

Deleted User

I'm guessing they will be frequent, I don't know for sure. I'm guessing and this is not an educated guess that Nintendo have a whole department employing at least 50-100 people working on these things so it'll be a battle.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hoist20032002 said:
Do any of you fine ladies and gentlemen here think that Nintendo will update the DSi frequently like oh maybe once or twice every couple of weeks? What might be shitty from Nintendo is: What if they send another NDi update right after we get our new bootcode/bootscrap,firmware and whatknot? It will be pointless if Nintendo outwitts the smartest game hackers and programmers.....Anybody think I have something here?
Nintendo are not really keen on releasing updates so frequently, it takes them a lot of testing to ensure they don't release an update that potentially bricks thousands of wiis the world over.
And they usually do not release an update for the same of piracy protection either.

So in other words, we do have a piracy arms race here, but it's going to be a slow one.

blahman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hoist20032002 said:

Don't worry. It won't happen. A few doods at nintendo won't stand a chance against a global army of determined nerds as long as mountain dew and pizza exists.

FaSMaN

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just checked the US store, and it doesnt have a update yet
gbasp.gif

I'm still using a Acecard 2i but bought a SC DSone 3 weeks ago but its stuck at customs
frown.gif
hope they don't confiscate it or know what it is *Holds thumbs*

PS Im in South africa but my DSi is imported from the US
wink.gif

hoist20032002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I'm saying is that they might do a consecutive update after this one to stall our next update to happen so they can slow us down enough to get their update to happen again.....Them big Nintendo fat cats might have a plan this time around with the DSi.

ThePengwin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone, i just registered, ive been viewing the site a long time, but havent felt the need to post. i have an AUS DSi and the update has stopped my AceKard2i from booting.

The AK team did say something like they are working ofn a fix in their forums: Topic on AK forum

I am hopeful that it will work again, as i cant even find games that i used mine for, which i would glady pay for if i could
frown.gif

hoist20032002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They might even make us have mandatory updates for our DSi's.....If that happens....Looks like the Team SC and Team M3 might have some full time work ahead of them.

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't care who is first. All the matters is that they are dedicated to trying to make it work, if at all possible.

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
See guys? That's why Team Cyclops did a good job for waiting on this. I think all of you guys are pretty pissed your flashcart won't work with the latest update. Also there is no point buying an M3i Zero, looks like you guys are in a tight situation here.

Think before you buy.

nicky041192 said:
perhaps smoother camera? unlesss someone hacks the firmware like waninkoko did with 4.1 for wii.

It will never, NEVER happen. You deserve it for buying a DSi flashcart so soon.

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is exactly why I haven't bought a DSi yet I would have had not to update to keep my flashcart working which in turn made my DSi just a DS lite with a camera.

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Amer said:
bobrules said:
Nintendo joins sony in the fight against piracy. Unfortunately, pirates always win.
Well, Sony won...With PS3.

ya, who knows maybe we will have a 512mb cartidge someday
tongue.gif
when nintendo guess to just screw it, lets be like sony and have us some giant cartidges
ohmy.gif
(unfortunately, when trimed, that extra 256mb of size gets deleted
tongue.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: