Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoist20032002

hoist20032002 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Do any of you fine ladies and gentlemen here think that Nintendo will update the DSi frequently like oh maybe once or twice every couple of weeks? What might be shitty from Nintendo is: What if they send another NDi update right after we get our new bootcode/bootscrap,firmware and whatknot? It will be pointless if Nintendo outwitts the smartest game hackers and programmers.....Anybody think I have something here?

2. Saturnplanet5

Saturnplanet5 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

I'm guessing they will be frequent, I don't know for sure. I'm guessing and this is not an educated guess that Nintendo have a whole department employing at least 50-100 people working on these things so it'll be a battle.

3. RupeeClock

RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

Nintendo are not really keen on releasing updates so frequently, it takes them a lot of testing to ensure they don't release an update that potentially bricks thousands of wiis the world over.
    And they usually do not release an update for the same of piracy protection either.

So in other words, we do have a piracy arms race here, but it's going to be a slow one.

4. blahman

blahman GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Don't worry. It won't happen. A few doods at nintendo won't stand a chance against a global army of determined nerds as long as mountain dew and pizza exists.

5. Saturnplanet5

Saturnplanet5 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Anyone want to start work on a Phantom Hourglass hack?

6. FaSMaN

FaSMaN Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Just checked the US store, and it doesnt have a update yet [​IMG]

I'm still using a Acecard 2i but bought a SC DSone 3 weeks ago but its stuck at customs [​IMG] hope they don't confiscate it or know what it is *Holds thumbs*

PS Im in South africa but my DSi is imported from the US [​IMG]

7. hoist20032002

United States
    All I'm saying is that they might do a consecutive update after this one to stall our next update to happen so they can slow us down enough to get their update to happen again.....Them big Nintendo fat cats might have a plan this time around with the DSi.

8. ThePengwin

ThePengwin Member
    Newcomer

Hi everyone, i just registered, ive been viewing the site a long time, but havent felt the need to post. i have an AUS DSi and the update has stopped my AceKard2i from booting.

The AK team did say something like they are working ofn a fix in their forums: Topic on AK forum

I am hopeful that it will work again, as i cant even find games that i used mine for, which i would glady pay for if i could [​IMG]

9. hoist20032002

United States
    They might even make us have mandatory updates for our DSi's.....If that happens....Looks like the Team SC and Team M3 might have some full time work ahead of them.

10. playallday

playallday Group: GBAtemp Ghost

Canada
    I'm shocked that it's been this long before they blocked them!

11. halljames

halljames GBAtemp Regular

Come on Supercard Team, be the first with your upgrade

12. funem

funem Retro Powered..

United Kingdom
    It shouldnt matter who is first... just as long as its possible and it works....

13. phoenixclaws

phoenixclaws GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I don't care who is first. All the matters is that they are dedicated to trying to make it work, if at all possible.

14. bobrules

bobrules GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Nintendo joins sony in the fight against piracy. Unfortunately, pirates always win.

15. Amer

Amer Member
    Newcomer

Serbia, Republic of
    Well, Sony won...With PS3.

16. markvn

markvn GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Do you know if EZ flash is also going to bring out a fix for this? (for EZ flash V(i)?)
    I really hope, and if they didn't, let's hope someone can hack the DSi....

17. Link5084

Link5084 Sword & Shield at your service

United States
    See guys? That's why Team Cyclops did a good job for waiting on this. I think all of you guys are pretty pissed your flashcart won't work with the latest update. Also there is no point buying an M3i Zero, looks like you guys are in a tight situation here.

Think before you buy.

It will never, NEVER happen. You deserve it for buying a DSi flashcart so soon.

18. Santee

Santee GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    This is exactly why I haven't bought a DSi yet I would have had not to update to keep my flashcart working which in turn made my DSi just a DS lite with a camera.

19. mrfatso

mrfatso That guy!!

Senegal
    ya, who knows maybe we will have a 512mb cartidge someday [​IMG] when nintendo guess to just screw it, lets be like sony and have us some giant cartidges [​IMG] (unfortunately, when trimed, that extra 256mb of size gets deleted [​IMG] )

20. Technik

Technik GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Dang and i JUST signed up for facebook last night. Good thing I got my m3i zero a few days ago. Now we wait

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - flashcards, firmware, blocks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.