DSi firmware 1.4.2 protection bypassed on the dstwo !

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Mbmax, May 12, 2011.

1. Pong20302000

Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    i dont understand why they dont fake a better game. E.g. Pokemon black or white

i mean it must seem suspicious game log = loads of hours on alex rider on 3ds

pokemon = loads of hours = trying to catch um all

2. doyama

doyama GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 30, 2006
    United States
    The DS exploit they use is only available on certain games that don't use have RSA headers, which are all games pre DSi.

Also probably no one wants to incur the wrath of Nintendo further by adding a legitimate copyright infringment claim on flashcarts.

3. naved.islam14

naved.islam14 Gbatemp's Official Dark Knight™

Sep 12, 2009
    Gotham
    Everyone knew this would happen.

4. ShawnTRods

ShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 26, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Earth
    No surprise.
    Now we will have a billion R4 clones with 1.4.2 support [​IMG]

5. Buleste

Buleste Old Fart

Dec 19, 2010

6. Quizzman

Quizzman Member

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2009
    Swaziland
    Wow this was released pretty fast. O_O

I have a SupercardDSTWO since... yesterday, and I already think it's one of the best linker that I've played on. (The only thing that doesn't let me say it's the best is his price.)

7. Pong20302000

Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    whys it not best on price?
    you pay for:
    fast updates
    compatibility
    Zero Day Anti-AP
    GBA Emulation
    Snes Emu
    Video

8. SektorZero

SektorZero Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2009
    Mexico
    City Of Hope
    Thanks, SC team [​IMG]

9. doyama

doyama GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 30, 2006
    United States
    Again thats kind of the point. If you made the firmware show a popular Nintendo game (Zelda/Pokemon/Metroid/etc) then Nintendo could give you a one two punch. In areas where flash carts are legal like Australia, they would immediately have cause to have them banned on copyright infringment. Since the only way to actually run homebrew is to use the copyrighted material, you can't hide behind the 'firmware is legal' arugment anymore. Basically the firmware becomes a copyright infringment which Nintendo would burn into the ground. Currently individual devs or publishers can't be bothered to fight the copyright fight over flashcarts. Nintendo obviously has a keen interest in crushing flashcarts and if a Nintendo game was part of the firmware they'd have cause to have them banned under copyright law.

10. Schlupi

Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™

Aug 31, 2007
    United States
    Rozen Queen Co, Chicago Branch
    Oh man. Sweet! I hope an EZ Flash Vi fix comes... eventually.

11. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    It's cheaper than a retail game, and you get a whole lot more. There's a few homebrews that don't work on the DSTwo, but those are mostly older ones.

12. Miss Panda

Miss Panda GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 15, 2007
  13. Da Foxx

Da Foxx GBAtemp Regular

Dec 22, 2006
    Canada
    Does anyone know if we can expect a DSOnei update too? Still have one of the older cards. =T

14. RupeeClock

RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

May 15, 2008
    I'm surprised it was so simple to bypass the firmware update, I mean just updating the microSD card contents and it worked, no reflashing or new icon or anything.

Impressive stuff really, makes me wonder if they can possibly stop spoofing icons and instead display their own icon like on the DS Lite.

15. Gh0sti

Gh0sti iOS Guru

Aug 19, 2009
    United States
    Inside you, all around you
    no that is the only way they can bypass security on the DSi is to use an image and header of a DS game ex alex rider to boot the SCDS2 unless SC team finds a way to gain root access to DSi (DSi finally hacked at root level to gain control of system and run games via sd card,) which prob wont happen unless geohot gets on the sytem and rapes the system till it dumps the private keys

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted