Homebrew [DSi] DSiBrowserHax VS. ugopwn (FlipNoteHax)

Which would you use?

• ugopwn

Votes: 38 66.7%
  • DSiBrowserHax

Votes: 19 33.3%

• Total voters

JackFrostSMT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first pointer is to save the shitposting for the EoF. My second one is to use this magical thing known as Google.
yea I have used google but all I have found was an archive of the gbatemp thread (downloads were down) and Reddit users discussing the matter. Anything else was some company called DSI Inc

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to be a poor pleb which I am lol can someone at least point me in a little direction as to where I can acquire ugopwn? Maybe a pm or just the site where it's at will help. I REALLY want homebrew on my dsi and I got mine for free.
will only work for usa consoles, i assume you have a usa console?

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to be a poor pleb which I am lol can someone at least point me in a little direction as to where I can acquire ugopwn? Maybe a pm or just the site where it's at will help. I REALLY want homebrew on my dsi and I got mine for free.

I would say that searching google for it and browsing any 4chan like messageboards (since they will share anything regardless of copyright or any laws) in the seach results would be the best bet to find it. I would find one that has the "2222.nds" file (custom TWLTool 1.6) included.
I will however say that 120 seems to be the "magic number" instead of 122

I will not link or PM anything to you as this exploit was leaked without permission, so it goes without saying that it will be your fault if you manage to brick the DSi.
I also need to officially state that I do not condone using leaked exploits so do so at your risk.

JackFrostSMT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say that searching google for it and browsing any 4chan like messageboards (since they will share anything regardless of copyright or any laws) in the seach results would be the best bet to find it. I would find one that has the "2222.nds" file (custom TWLTool 1.6) included.
I will however say that 120 seems to be the "magic number" instead of 122

I will not link or PM anything to you as this exploit was leaked without permission, so it goes without saying that it will be your fault if you manage to brick the DSi.
I also need to officially state that I do not condone using leaked exploits so do so at your risk.
Thanks but someone has already given the files to me on Discord and I have gotten the exploit to work. Now I just need to find a "completely 100% legit" copy of sudoku decrypted because I have not owned a dsi before a few days ago. I do have my nand cracked open and have already downgraded the whitelist.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks but someone has already given the files to me on Discord and I have gotten the exploit to work. Now I just need to find a "completely 100% legit" copy of sudoku decrypted because I have not owned a dsi before a few days ago. I do have my nand cracked open and have already downgraded the whitelist.

I downloaded the decrypted DSi Dump for no$GBA that has several games including Sudoku+SudokuHax Save. Get the CID (DO NOT byteswap) and ConsoleID (byteswap it first) from the DSi Footer.bin then use FWTool to decrypt the NAND using the CID and ConsoleID. afterward you can mount it with OSFMount to copy the game+save+TMD from the NAND.

you can then follow this guide
https://gbatemp.net/threads/photo-g...backups-on-real-hardware-and-emulator.476817/
to create a forged ticket for Suduku so it will show up and work on the DSi.

Afterward you can use SudukuHax to launch homebrew instead of pressing 120 times to use the leaked UgoPWN exploit.

JackFrostSMT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded the decrypted DSi Dump for no$GBA that has several games including Sudoku+SudokuHax Save. Get the CID (DO NOT byteswap) and ConsoleID (byteswap it first) from the DSi Footer.bin then use FWTool to decrypt the NAND using the CID and ConsoleID. afterward you can mount it with OSFMount to copy the game+save+TMD from the NAND.

you can then follow this guide
https://gbatemp.net/threads/photo-g...backups-on-real-hardware-and-emulator.476817/
to create a forged ticket for Suduku so it will show up and work on the DSi.

Afterward you can use SudukuHax to launch homebrew instead of pressing 120 times to use the leaked UgoPWN exploit.
I have the Sudoku .nds file but I don't know how to decrypt it for use with the nand on dsi. The save file came with TWLTool and I will use that but for now that is all I have. I have searched torrent sites with no luck. If anyone will be okay with showing me where to get it, then feel free to PM me. Thanks.

EDIT: It seems like my brain has just underped itself. The .nds of Flipnote Studio that I downloaded was the same size as the .app in my nand. So since I have some .nds files, does it work right away or do I have to decrypt it first of something?

Last edited by JackFrostSMT,

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the Sudoku .nds file but I don't know how to decrypt it for use with the nand on dsi. The save file came with TWLTool and I will use that but for now that is all I have. I have searched torrent sites with no luck. If anyone will be okay with showing me where to get it, then feel free to PM me. Thanks.

EDIT: It seems like my brain has just underped itself. The .nds of Flipnote Studio that I downloaded was the same size as the .app in my nand. So since I have some .nds files, does it work right away or do I have to decrypt it first of something?
NUS Downloader can get it I think, decrypted and all.

XxICYxRAINxX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

add me back we have to discuss something :)

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The nice thing about UGOPWN not being officially released is that eBay still has people selling DSi consoles with flipnote for cheap. I just snagged a good condition DSi XL (that was even advertising having flipnote installed) for $60 before they go up.

60$ is not bad considering I have seen pawn shops still trying to sell them for 80-100$.

I can place it next to my UGOPWN'd DSi and DSi XL (broken top screen POT [Screen is Inverted and voltage does not change when turning it]) in my collection and the XL will finally be my primary DSi to mess with.

siamese

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I would be willing to use DSiBrowserHax because I only have the DSi Browser,

Yep, would be the best for regular DSi's without preinstalled flipnote audio
BUT
Browserhax does not exist.

And 37% of voters would rather use a non existing hax!

Still think the upgown thread should be unlocked and the developer credited for his/hers/their excellent work cause it works like a charm. No links in there , to respect his/her/their position against the leakage.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The nice thing about UGOPWN not being officially released is that eBay still has people selling DSi consoles with flipnote for cheap.

I doubt it will affect prices much, because you can hardmod any DSi no matter what software it has installed now.

MrMcTiller

GBATemp's Tiller
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The good old primary school days...
I think that I am starting to understand now. Is "Primary School" the equivalent to "Elementary School" here in America?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it hasn't been released yet. it was leaked but i think all the links are taken down.
I am sure that somewhere in the depths of space, there is someone who has it and is willing to share it....... oh wait, (if you haven't read my location) I am somewhere in the depths of space, so I might find someone eventually. BUT due to the fact that I don't want to get banned, I will not ask anyone.

jamezfat

Trophies
Website
www.rickrolled.fr
XP
Country
United States
To clear up:

no.1

yes, it is still happening

(as at least so far, it's yet to be cancelled)

no.2

the original date was an estimate and for all we know, it May come out tomorrow, or 3 years from now, we will say if it gets a set in stone release date, and say if it is scrapped.

(please stop spamming questions about such)

no3.

the leak from a while back is NOT SAFE. please don't attempt to install it (yes, there are reports of success, it is still very dangerous to use this early build)

If for whatever reason you still have your heart set on tracking it down and risking your DSi, fine.

but don't come back and blame it on the original creator(s) as that will only cause unnecessary drama and prolong the official release.

Its coming, *eventually*.

have

p a t i e n c e

Reactions: tozevleal

Alex4nder001

Part-time thug
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To clear up:

no.1

yes, it is still happening

(as at least so far, it's yet to be cancelled)

no.2

the original date was an estimate and for all we know, it May come out tomorrow, or 3 years from now, we will say if it gets a set in stone release date, and say if it is scrapped.

(please stop spamming questions about such)

no3.

the leak from a while back is NOT SAFE. please don't attempt to install it (yes, there are reports of success, it is still very dangerous to use this early build)

If for whatever reason you still have your heart set on tracking it down and risking your DSi, fine.

but don't come back and blame it on the original creator(s) as that will only cause unnecessary drama and prolong the official release.

Its coming, *eventually*.

have

p a t i e n c e
I think the leak’s been removed anyways

Reactions: jamezfat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I was adding some stuff to my gdevelop project and I couldnt save it cuz there was a power outage and thus no internet
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I was adding some stuff to my gdevelop project and I couldnt save it cuz there was a power...