Homebrew DSi Downgrading - The Complete Guide

incidentallyscribble

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for this guide, it's helped a lot of people downgrade. For anyone interested, since this guide is so outdated, I took the liberty to compile my own downgrade guide (1.4.5 to 1.4) for people that don't want to hardmod, or just want a fairly easier way of doing it, right HERE. I will say, this is a great guide that still holds up today regarding the hardmodding portions of it. Again, thanks!

Reactions: Xiphiidae

Duke5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

I have the first version of SudokuHAX installed in my DSI, when I had version 1.3.x

Now I'm on 1.4.5 and the exploit still works.

I am able to make a NAND-Dump and CID Dump from FWTool

Is it possible to follow this guide without Hard-Mod using the NAND Dump from FWTool?

What things do I have to keep in mind to know that the NAND Dump is correct?

incidentallyscribble

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I have the first version of SudokuHAX installed in my DSI, when I had version 1.3.x

Now I'm on 1.4.5 and the exploit still works.

I am able to make a NAND-Dump and CID Dump from FWTool

Is it possible to follow this guide without Hard-Mod using the NAND Dump from FWTool?

What things do I have to keep in mind to know that the NAND Dump is correct?

Yes, it is possible. Check out here for a guide without hardmod, and to check if your dump is correct, you can add a footer to it and test in no$gba.

TheMagicMan

A Person
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for this guide, it's helped a lot of people downgrade. For anyone interested, since this guide is so outdated, I took the liberty to compile my own downgrade guide (1.4.5 to 1.4) for people that don't want to hardmod, or just want a fairly easier way of doing it, right HERE. I will say, this is a great guide that still holds up today regarding the hardmodding portions of it. Again, thanks!

Has Flipnotehax actually released yet?

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not too hard to use this guide if you're using ugopwn as an entry point if you're good at following directions.

ToneCapone-RF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nice guide, but there's one thing missing testing your nand before you flash it back to your system. Even though your guide is spot on people might forget to reencrypt causing a brick. So test with no4gba will save lots of dsi from ending up with the 0000FEFE error.

Deleted member 424658

Annoying Weaboo Girl
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
Nice guide, but there's one thing missing testing your nand before you flash it back to your system. Even though your guide is spot on people might forget to reencrypt causing a brick. So test with no4gba will save lots of dsi from ending up with the 0000FEFE error.
You missed the shift button. Also at the time the guide was made, I think hardmods were the only way to backup the nand, which would be why the steps only mention hardmodding. Considering the guide is designed for hardmods, you'd be able to fix it if you were using a hardmod.

TheMagicMan

A Person
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At what point do you have a high chance of bricking, and why? Just asking for curiosity sake.

ToneCapone-RF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You missed the shift button. Also at the time the guide was made, I think hardmods were the only way to backup the nand, which would be why the steps only mention hardmodding. Considering the guide is designed for hardmods, you'd be able to fix it if you were using a hardmod.

True your right it was for the hardmods
At what point do you have a high chance of bricking, and why? Just asking for curiosity sake.

I done 5 DSI so far and haven't had a brick yet, but that's because I test each nand with no$gba then if everything works as it should then I reflash the dsi.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I under stand your point but being that your guide now is about the Flipnotehax and not hardmods would be helpful if people know about no$gba for testing. We are all here to help each other with downgrading our DSI so we most in detail apply every step necessary to achieve a successful hack.

incidentallyscribble

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good idea. I'lll add that in soon.
Edit: to my guide not this lol

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Restoring the nand. Even if you do everything absolutely right, there's still a small chance.

Last edited by incidentallyscribble,

Duke5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,
I finally downgraded to 1.4 Works correctly via FwTool The guide has to be polished,
I have read a lot about downgrade and the guide is only for DSI USA
My DSI is EUR
I had to find the right titles in the NUS
You must also downgrade the System Version to display system menu 1.4
Otherwise it still appears 1.4.5
At least with my version of Sudokuhaxx has worked perfectly, I have installed since it appeared many years ago

incidentallyscribble

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I finally downgraded to 1.4 Works correctly via FwTool The guide has to be polished,
I have read a lot about downgrade and the guide is only for DSI USA
My DSI is EUR
I had to find the right titles in the NUS
You must also downgrade the System Version to display system menu 1.4
Otherwise it still appears 1.4.5
At least with my version of Sudokuhaxx has worked perfectly, I have installed since it appeared many years ago

Yep, as long as you have sudokuhax, you can easily downgrade a DSi (even with no hardmod!)

Diego788

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
20751562_805550539570265_473569510_n.jpg this is my notebook SD reader
do you think this would work with hardmod?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr