Ocelot124286 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thx

3. Fin9ers

Fin9ers Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    So i bought a dsi cheap and stupidly updated the firmware past the point of no return for my model of flash cart.
    Been researching all day and found this thread.

My desired end result is HiyaCFW with Twiilight Menu++

I just need some clarification on what route i need to take.
    The dsi has no dsiware. 1.4.5e

To my understanding i need to:

Solder adaptor to ds.
    Dump NAND.
    Use bruteforce to obtain CID and console ID.
    Decrypt my NAND.
    Inject sudoku plus sudokuhax.
    Re-encrypt my NAND.
    Flash modded NAND back to DS.
    Run sudokuhax to access HBmenu and install Unlaunch.
    From here I'm not too sure where to go.
    The guide over at dsi.cfw.guide mentions something about a 'NAND file with No$GBA footer'. Can i use my unmodded NAND backup for this step?
    It also mentions "Sudokuhax cannot adequately make a backup with the required footer", the NAND dump that I take from a hardmod ds, is that a sufficient backup that has this required footer??

The dsi.cfw.guide is great but i cant figure out how to impliment it using a hardmod.

Any help would be great, thank you all.

EDIT: So i found an application called TempNAND. Can i use this to install unlaunch to my NAND backup and then flash that to my DS?

Last edited by Fin9ers, Feb 10, 2019
  4. mondul

mondul GBAtemp Regular

Colombia
    You don't need to decrypt your NAND. After getting your CID and ConsoleId you can add a no$gba footer to your dump (you can use my HiyaCFW Helper's NAND mode for that), then you can install unlaunch directly to it using no$gba (google "DSi Emulation Setup" for some of the files you are going to need). After that, just remove the no$gba footer from the dump and restore it.

Fin9ers likes this.
  5. ww97

ww97 Wajiro

Iran
    I've FOUND a DSi NAND dump floating online but it has just a pick of the titles. I also have a DSi romset, and I'm sure it's because of the NAND that trying to loading a title in NO$GBA outside of the ones installed in that NAND, results in the "brick" error message.

How to add other titles to the NAND? (I've heard it's via hex editing) Does it involve an actual DS/DSi in the process?

6. ww97

ww97 Wajiro

Iran
    UPDATE:

GOTCHA, the individual ROMS would work outside the NAND by switching the "Reset/Startup Entrypoint" to "Start cart directly". But now, the touchscreen wouldn't work, even for the games that were inside the NAND.

7. Trash_Bandatcoot

Trash_Bandatcoot Your Local Random Internet Geek

Netherlands
    Recently, a user by the name of Voodooween mentioned during a conversation a “DSi SystemUpdater v1.4a”. Not only can it switch regions, but it can also downgrade to v1.4, and with Failzone coming soon, it’s basicly killing off this method completely.

C4A9997E-D2B9-4207-966C-E3A87EDC106B.jpeg
    A036DD62-7D8F-47E2-A485-CC0D8A02A04A.jpeg
    1240D8BA-4501-426D-AFE9-ED7D9E4B8400.jpeg
    No dump is made yet, but Voodooween loves to make a proper dump soon (these Nintendo flashcarts can be a pity to dump)

Attached Files:

Thiaggus likes this.
  8. naytai

naytai Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    So guys, a noob question:
    I got a regular DSi model (not the XL). On which side of the PCB I have to solder the wires? A or B?
    Does anyone has a picture with the soldering job done for I use as template?
    Thanks.

9. Koen22

Koen22 Newbie
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Hello, I am new to soldering and stuff. What kind of cables do I need for soldering, PCB?
    Thanks

10. froggestspirit

froggestspirit D/P/Pt Demix Guy

United States
    Does anyone by chance have an image of the nand hardmod side B for the small DSi? the image is broken

Edit: nevermind, I traced them. Here it is if anyone needs it:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by froggestspirit, Jun 19, 2019
    kittensauce likes this.
  11. Thiaggus

Thiaggus Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    OMG, that's exactly what I need! I want to change definitely from JP to USA .
    It's not finished yet?
    My DsiLL is hacked already (by software through memorypit), so when it comes I'll just have to run it through the twl++ or unlaunch and profit?

12. 0xabad1dea

0xabad1dea Newbie
    Newcomer

Russia
    guys, is there possibility to brick console with wrong soldering or short cirquiting on this solder points. my dsi wont turn on, even led not flashing

13. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen The Backup Reminder

Germany
    This is pretty obvious. Of course one can damage the hardware when messing with the hardware. If you short something vital = Game Over!

That said, the soldering job for this modification is pretty hard for someone not used to micro-soldering (like me… hahaha).

Make sure the power board is connected correctly and the battery has good contact. At least the blue LED should turn on (if not completely bricked). Also measure continuity of the fuses and try if charging works.

Please upload some photos if possible.

Last edited by KleinesSinchen, Jul 13, 2020
    alexander1970 likes this.
  14. 0xabad1dea

0xabad1dea Newbie
    Newcomer

Russia
    orange led is blinking when i plug the power adaptor. also no blue light comes when pressing power button

Last edited by 0xabad1dea, Jul 13, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Downgrading, Complete, Guide