Hacking DSi Broken Already (weak shoulder buttons)

lostdwarf

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
My DSi right shoulder button doesn't always work! have to press really hard to take photo's.
was fine the day i got it and its gotten worse since then.

balls!

just phoned nintendo - they are sending a prepaid post label so i can send my dsi back for repairs free of charge.
takes 14 days from sending free of charge.

If this happens to anyone else and you have shop data and points you HAVE to send it back to Ninty to keep your data and points. The shop i got it from (gamestation) were happy to replace but Ninty say thats a big NO-NO unless you dont mind loosing everything you have paid for..

i am very dissapointed after only having my DSi for under 3 weeks. My DSlite still works though so got that and my Wii to keep me company till i get my new DSi.

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got my DSi back yesterday - opened it up and its very dusty, looks like they had a fiddle with it a little.

MAJOR DISSAPOINTMENT!

THEY HAVE NOT FIXED IT!

they sent me it back the same condition i sent it to them!

phoned customer service to complain and THEY TOLD ME I AM WRONG and it is fixed! I explain to them that it is not fixed, the shoulder button still is dodgy, you have to press REALLLY HARD to make it work, apparently i am wrong though as they tested it for 2 and a half hours and found NOTHING WRONG WITH IT!?
They will not give me my money back or even a new DSi (mine looks brand new still no scratches) they will only "repair" mine, which means they will not repair it because there diagnostic check must be flawed and they will sent it back to me again no doubt unrepaired so thats it guys, i have had it.
I have been a loyal Nintendo fan and customer since the NES and Gameboy era and the ONE time i need help they mess me around.
I am going to gamestation today to get my money back if i can.
£150 for a console is a lot of money Ninty, especially when you wont fix it. (i hardly got to play it)
By the way people if you buy DSiWARE it is permanently locked to that system. No way of transferring it at all. EVER.
Nintendo my blood is boiling with contempt.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YOU SUCK DOUCHEFAG WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?!!?!?

Just kidding! That really bites. The way the DS shoulder buttons work isn't every intelligent, that tiny spring ALWAYS jumps out of place. =\ At least they're taking care of everything completely free of charge! I'm still a little bothered at the way Nintendo has handled accounts so far though. Why can't we link our Wii and DS points???? And why can't we have an account so we can recover our data when this BS happens??

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
lostdwarf said:
My DSi right shoulder button doesn't always work! have to press really hard to take photo's.
was fine the day i got it and its gotten worse since then.

balls!

just phoned nintendo - they are sending a prepaid post label so i can send my dsi back for repairs free of charge.
takes 14 days from sending free of charge.

If this happens to anyone else and you have shop data and points you HAVE to send it back to Ninty to keep your data and points. The shop i got it from (gamestation) were happy to replace but Ninty say thats a big NO-NO unless you dont mind loosing everything you have paid for..

i am very dissapointed after only having my DSi for under 3 weeks. My DSlite still works though so got that and my Wii to keep me company till i get my new DSi.
you know !!! I'm speechless at the moment and really don't know what to say !!!! but you have my deep sympathy and sorrow for the situation
frown.gif
I'll call the proper coders and see if the new flemkh ver1.9658 is in beta and will see maybe we can test it on your DSi ??

lostdwarf

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
yeah sorry i only realized now that i posted this in wii hacking... i should have put it in ds forum but made a mistake sorry.

i'm happy to try any hacks, i'll be a tester till i have to send it away.

I have completely fallen in love my DSi as well and am so peeved that this happened. At least i can copy all my pictures to an sd card so i dont loose anything. got 400 or so photos so that'll eat my life away posting and tagging them on my facebook lol.

really though i haven't had any other problems i think i just got an unlucky badly made one.

the best bit is i haven't missed the homebrew since the dsi is so packed full of stuff - eg - free apps (camera,alarm,calenda/organisor,music player) free 1000 points = free games so i have felt like it is already homebrewed straight out of the box if you know what i mean.

so sad this has happened to me. it is the first Nintendo product i have ever payed for that has had to be sent back.

by the way those screens really are a lot bigger and they rock.

Ashbytonium

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Vidboy10 said:
Did it say "Made In China" on the DSi?

LOL!! Of course it has MADE IN CHINA on it!!! Everything is made in China!!!

Here is what the Back of my DSi Says:

QUOTE(~The Back Of My DSi~)NINTENDODS(i)

(tick) ACN 060 566 083

Patents issued and pending, see booklet.
RATING: 4.6V - 2.8W, ADAPTER INPUT: 4.6V - 900mA. USE ONLY WAP-002
MADE IN CHINA
C/TWL-AUS
(Nintendo)
Serial No.: TAH--------[-] (Can't tell you that!!)

LOL! I'm Aussie!!!

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont feel bad im not sure if mine is in 2 great of shape. not a big deal to me considering but the only way to store shit currently is 2

im bull shitting you to make you feel better bud im so sorry. my dsi is perfect.

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
my DSi's right shoulder button was loose, and so was the hinge, but the button seems to have been fine, I brought it to walmart and got my money back anyways because it was really annoying. I want to get another DSi, but now I'm tempted to save up for a PS3, since I have over $300 now.

Fabis94

Xbawx playa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh man, and i thought the DSi has this problem fixed. I have a DSL and it's shoulder buttons don't work (only when i blow into them, they work for a while). Why does Nintendo always mess up those >.

mucus

Orc Orc Orc
Trophies
XP
Country
HOLY CRAP!!!!
I knew the dsi was/is a piece of shit

i blame nintendo for making inferior quality products, and if this keeps up they WILL lose me a loyal customer
and i've been loyal ever since nes.

btw i really mean my icon this time

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mucus said:
HOLY CRAP!!!!

i blame nintendo for making inferior quality products, and if this keeps up they WILL lose me a loyal customer

For one, a multi-billion dollar company, a company that is dominating everybody else by a HUGE margin, isn't going to care if a couple of whiny people don't buy DSi units. And beyond that, this has been an issue with all DS versions. They use a REALLY tiny spring and a small axle that holds it in place, so it pops out of place very easily. They also could not have fixed it very effectively without some radical changes to the form factor and/or the shoulder buttons (go down the PSP shoulder button route or some such silliness).

@Sephi: I would say hold off on buying a PS3 for a while longer. Either until you have a huge HD television and would like to upgrade to an HD media or until some better games come out. I'm not trying to flame, I'm just saying the games do not (yet) justify the price, though it is a pretty cheap Blu-Ray player.

BatSquirrel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mucus said:
HOLY CRAP!!!!

one guy has a problem with his dsi and that makes it a piece of shit?
because i have never ever heard of an electronic device failing. everything has a small defective rate, and video game hardware has been quoted around 7%, that is why they have warranties

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
BatSquirrel said:
mucus said:
HOLY CRAP!!!!

one guy has a problem with his dsi and that makes it a piece of shit?
because i have never ever heard of an electronic device failing. everything has a small defective rate, and video game hardware has been quoted around 7%, that is why they have warranties
Lol, DSi sucked anyway.
The only selling points are the cameras, and a music format that the mojority of users have never heard of.
Just because you're a DSi fanboy doesn't make the DSi good.
EDIT: btw, Nintendo beat playstation. Come on, even the Wii has better games. Of course, Microsoft's Xbox is the best
tongue.gif
Nintendo ISN'T the reason that the DSi sucks, they only released it in a fail attempt to block DS piracy.

lostdwarf

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
why post your fanboy bullshit in my sympathy page dickshit!?

the DSi rocks, i just got a dodgy one - i seem to be the only one - so i am betting my repair will keep me happy for years to come.

Dont bother to reply - your wasting your keyboard.

joethepro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That stinks about the broken shoulder button. It doesn't surprise me since it's almost the same components as the DS lite and those shoulder buttons stink. We've had 3 DS lites that we've had the shoulder buttons break. On the ones under warranty, Nintendo fixed them fast with no problem but on the other one that was out of warranty they wanted to charge me $50 to fix it. I got in an argument with the person on the phone because I told them I expected it to be fixed for free since it's a design flaw. The hinge on this DS was also cracked which is another design flaw/weak spot but to no avail. It doesn't make you feel good when you support Nintendo by buying all their systems (especially all the versions of the gameboy) and this is how they reward their supporters. We won't be buying a DSI in my house because it's not like its a huge leap over the DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr