DSi 52100 Wi-Fi Error

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by lucifon, Apr 14, 2009.

Apr 14, 2009

DSi 52100 Wi-Fi Error by lucifon at 4:29 PM (2,944 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. lucifon
    OP

Newcomer lucifon Member

United Kingdom
    I just got my DSi today but sadly have already hit my first hitch.

I have a Belkin G+ Router F5D9630 and get the 52100 error. I've tried forcing an IP, opening the ports for that IP, resetting the router, trying the connection many many times but have had no luck.

I have PC's, PSP's, PS3s and 360's all set up and working fine on the wireless but the DSi is the only system I cant seem to work out.

If I use the advanced settings connection for connections 4,5 and 6 then oddly enough it actually connects. However the problem is that the AceKard doesn't like the connection and doesn't even seem to see it - so fails instantly when using any WiFi features. This happens on the WiFi update, Homebrew and Games because they just dont appear to even look at Connections 4 5 or 6.

It's pretty essential I get this sorted. Any help really appreciated

2. Briankealing

Member Briankealing GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
  3. lucifon
    OP

Newcomer lucifon Member

United Kingdom
    I'm not using a wifi adapter therefore theres no firewall involved, its not going through my PC its direct to the router.

Like I say if I used the advanced settings to connect then it works perfectly fine without even setting any of the extra advanced settings. But all software doesn't even look at the advanced connections so you cant use it in games or anything which is useless.

I took it over to a friends today and managed to connect fine to his NetGear router so its certainly something on my end. I've messed around with my router settings for hours but have had absolutely no luck.

4. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Maybe your router has MAC filtering enabled? If that's the case, you would have to get your MAC address from the DS and add it to the list in your router.

Here is what came up when I looked up the error number at NintendoWiFi.com's support center:
    http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na...mp;locale=en_US

Hope that helps you.

5. lucifon
    OP

Newcomer lucifon Member

United Kingdom
    Nope no MAC filtering enabled. I've tried to disable WEP and enable mac filtering then put the DS into the allow list but still no change. Also forced a static IP on the DS then placed that IP into the DMZ with still no luck,so it can't be that anythings actually blocking it.

6. nikor4

Newcomer nikor4 Newbie

United States
    Yes! problem with DSi and WIfi,

Seems to be lock by nintend or software incompability (WiFi lib)

Here ISO420's first review

Bug!

7. lucifon
    OP

Newcomer lucifon Member

United Kingdom
    I cant connect from the DS' own menu. When I popped over to my friends on his Netgear router we set it up and I could connect fine both from the menu, and in games, but also in the AceKard updater/Homebrew.

After trying absolutely everything I've found that if I force 801.11b on my router then the DS will connect, but on g&b wireless it doesnt - obviously because its too fast. Which is pretty stupid. Nintendo need to pull their head out their arse and sort out their internet features in their consoles, they are seriously behind.

8. zuron7

Member zuron7 RBYG

India
    you guys dont know anything
    its just another wireless device interupting it
    dont ask me what to do for that

9. RiderLeangle

Member RiderLeangle GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I have a similar problem.
    In the Internet Setup and playing games it gives me Error Code 51300. However I can access DSiWare and use the DSi Browser just fine with 3 bars. And the WEP is set up just fine.
    [​IMG] (I know that's an SP and not a DSi, still expresses my thoughts)

10. mlazy

Newcomer mlazy Newbie

United States
    I had the same issues: would work with DSi apps, but not with Acekard wifi plugin. I had to set my SSID to "broadcast", then it worked great. (I currently have broadcast off and was using mac filtering)