Hacking DSFCC - Flashcart manager for Windows.

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
Now that there's more than just me using the pack builder I'll do a little bit more work on it. Any suggestions? Like is there anything that could be added that would make it easier for you?
how about the ability to drag and drop folders like any other file so i could make packs for homebrews like bunjaloo without having to remember about workzip folder

Bobster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Love your program except it won't let me load more than one country ROM for the same game. It overwrites the previous ROM zip with a zip of the same filename. Is there a way around this? I want the US ROMs for my kids and I want to be able to use the European & Japanese for myself as well.

I'm using the new M3i0 in a DS-Lite.

I want to do videos also with your system. I'll mess with that after I get the game stuff ironed out.

Bob

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Steevsee said:
TrolleyDave said:
Now that there's more than just me using the pack builder I'll do a little bit more work on it. Any suggestions? Like is there anything that could be added that would make it easier for you?

Thanks again TrolleyDave.
I find the pack builder quite simple to use, though still playing around with it.
Only thing I can think of, would be to add an option to open an esxisting pack to allow editing of the contents.

Also I seem to have encountered a possible bug in DSFCC.
When I am loading .nds files to my card, sometimes it gets "stuck" on a particular file.
It appears to load ok but then when i try to copy another file across, it just seems to re-copy the previous file that it is "stuck" on.
If I delete the "work" folder from the installtion and restart DSFCC, it seems to work ok for awhile, before it happens again.
I am using an M3 cart with latest english sakura.

Lastly, the homebrew library(currently on card) doesn't seem to refresh properly.

EDIT
just noticed the "games currently on you card" report and wonder if this is part of my problem.
I neglected to mention that I am using multiple carts/memory cards(4 x M3 and 2 x DSTT mostly) so not sure how this works.

It usually does that stuck thing (where you have to remove the work folder manually) because there's a folder or file name in the archive with weird characters in it. I've been trying to fix it but my coding skills aren't quite up to the job. Check the archives that it's doing it on (if you can remember which ones they are! lol) and see if there's any wierd file/folder names in them.

I'll see if I can add code in for multiple microsd cards when I've got a bit of spare time. I'm kind of caught up in something IRL that's taking up alot of my time and energy, hopefully it'll be solved on Monday (the real life issue that is). I'll add the stuff into the pack builder next week as well.

gameguy95 said:
TrolleyDave said:
how about the ability to drag and drop folders like any other file so i could make packs for homebrews like bunjaloo without having to remember about workzip folder

I'll add that in as soon as I get a chance.

QUOTE(Bobster @ Aug 6 2009, 12:12 AM)
Love your program except it won't let me load more than one country ROM for the same game. It overwrites the previous ROM zip with a zip of the same filename. Is there a way around this? I want the US ROMs for my kids and I want to be able to use the European & Japanese for myself as well.

I want to do videos also with your system. I'll mess with that after I get the game stuff ironed out.

Bob

Hmmm, that's a bit odd. I'll look into that. Is it every game doing that to you or just a few specific ones? Can you try running a CRC32 check on them from the file exploerer and check to see if they're identified correctly.

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
also i still want to see a fix for Iron Man (U) being showed as Brain Voyage (U)

Maybe a "This game info is incorrect, it should be ..." button so we don't need to post here to ask for solutions to these kind of problems so if you click on the button you choose what the game should be and it sends a message to you somehow telling you the solution

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
gameguy95 said:
also i still want to see a fix for Iron Man (U) being showed as Brain Voyage (U)

Maybe a "This game info is incorrect, it should be ..." button so we don't need to post here to ask for solutions to these kind of problems so if you click on the button you choose what the game should be and it sends a message to you somehow telling you the solution

What are the release numbers? And are they wrong compared to the GBAtemp release list, the AdvanceScene release list or both?

Bobster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
-snip-

Bobster said:

Bob

Hmmm, that's a bit odd. I'll look into that. Is it every game doing that to you or just a few specific ones? Can you try running a CRC32 check on them from the file exploerer and check to see if they're identified correctly.

It does it with more than one. I checked your NDSDB.INI file and the files have the same name and internal name.

Here are two examples:

[0001]
Name=Electroplankton
Untrimmed Size (Bytes)=16777216
Publisher=Nintendo
Releaser=Trashman
Release No=0001
Country=JAP
Languages=Japanese
RomCRC=94767CD4
Duplicates=72
OLL Boxart=2a.png
OLL Screen=2b.png
Internal Name=ELE PLANKTON
SecureCRC16=5A0B
LogoCRC16=
Cart Size (MBits)=128
Untrimmed Size (MBytes)=16
Trimmed Size (MBytes)=11.63
Trimmed Size (Bytes)=12197816
Genre=Relaxation
Year=2006
Notes=
WiFi=0

[94767CD4]
Release No=0001

Conflicting with

[0262]
Name=Electroplankton
Untrimmed Size (Bytes)=16777216
Publisher=Nintendo
Releaser=Mode 7
Release No=0262
Country=USA
Languages=English
RomCRC=EAD29FEB
Duplicates=72
OLL Boxart=280a.png
OLL Screen=280b.png
Internal Name=ELE PLANKTON
SecureCRC16=D55F
LogoCRC16=
Cart Size (MBits)=128
Untrimmed Size (MBytes)=16
Trimmed Size (MBytes)=11.17
Trimmed Size (Bytes)=11716024
Genre=Relaxation
Year=2006
Notes=
WiFi=0

[EAD29FEB]
Release No=0262

and

[0002]
Name=Need for Speed - Underground 2
Untrimmed Size (Bytes)=33554432
Publisher=Electronic Arts
Releaser=Trashman
Release No=0002
Country=USA
Languages=English
RomCRC=C37AB273
Duplicates=34
OLL Boxart=3a.png
OLL Screen=3b.png
Internal Name=NFSU2
SecureCRC16=5D5E
LogoCRC16=
Cart Size (MBits)=256
Untrimmed Size (MBytes)=32
Trimmed Size (MBytes)=28.16
Trimmed Size (Bytes)=29522784
Genre=Racing/3D
Year=2006
Notes=
WiFi=0

[C37AB273]
Release No=0002

conflicting with

[0041]
Name=Need for Speed - Underground 2
Untrimmed Size (Bytes)=33554432
Publisher=Electronic Arts
Releaser=Brassteroid Team
Release No=0041
Country=EUR
Languages=French, English, German, Italian, Spanish
RomCRC=5092F331
Duplicates=34
OLL Boxart=44a.png
OLL Screen=44b.png
Internal Name=NFSU2
SecureCRC16=7A70
LogoCRC16=
Cart Size (MBits)=256
Untrimmed Size (MBytes)=32
Trimmed Size (MBytes)=28.16
Trimmed Size (Bytes)=29522784
Genre=Racing/3D
Year=2006
Notes=
WiFi=0

[5092F331]
Release No=0041

It looks like all of the games are like this. Only way around it I see is to redo your naming scheme like Electroplankton (J) and Electroplankton (U) versus just Electroplankton. I'm not sure how you use the "Internal name" but you may have to do that too there.

If I can be of any help let me know. I'm more of a hardware guy than software but I think it is only a database problem ( a huge one though).
wacko.gif
I am grateful for the work you have done and I can see how this could happen.

Bob

P.S. I tried the rename temporarily and it worked. I closed the program and left it like that since a database update might send it into fits. Awaiting your orders....

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
The internal names being the same definitely isn't the cause of the problem. The way it works is this :

First it unpacks the archive to a folder and scans for a NDS file (or copies it if it's a plain NDS file)
Then it does a CRC32 check on the file.
It then checks to see if the CRC32 matches a valid database entry which is what these are :

[C37AB273]
Release No=0002

If it does't find a valid CRC32 match it then does a check against the header by combining the Internal Name, the SecureCRC16 and another value I can't remember off the top of my head at the mo.

So looking at those 2 database entries they shouldn't be matching up as the SecureCRC16 values are different. Did you try running a CRC32 verification on the files?

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
gameguy95 said:

What are the release numbers? And are they wrong compared to the GBAtemp release list, the AdvanceScene release list or both?
sorry it must have been a bad dump because i redownloaded and it shows as Iron Man now

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
gameguy95 said:
TrolleyDave said:
gameguy95 said:

sorry it must have been a bad dump because i redownloaded and it shows as Iron Man now

That's alright mate! Better to report it in case there is a problem.

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
gameguy95 said:
TrolleyDave said:
gameguy95 said:

That's alright mate! Better to report it in case there is a problem.
okay i found out tokyotrim was the cause ofthe problem not a bad dump cause when i scan it in the RAR with DSFCC it shows as Iron Man (U) but then i use tokyotrim to tirm it and extract it from the RAR it Shows up as Brain Voyage (U)

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
gameguy95 said:
okay i found out tokyotrim was the cause ofthe problem not a bad dump cause when i scan it in the RAR with DSFCC it shows as Iron Man (U) but then i use tokyotrim to tirm it and extract it from the RAR it Shows up as Brain Voyage (U)

Serious? That's a bit weird. I haven't got TokyoTrim so can't test it. Can I ask you a favour? Can you grab EZ-Trim+ from my blog and run it through that to see if it has the same effect?

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
gameguy95 said:

Serious? That's a bit weird. I haven't got TokyoTrim so can't test it. Can I ask you a favour? Can you grab EZ-Trim+ from my blog and run it through that to see if it has the same effect?
i think ill stick with EZ Trim+ since it works fine no prob

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
gameguy95 said:
TrolleyDave said:
gameguy95 said:

i think ill stick with EZ Trim+ since it works fine no prob

So using EZ-Trim+ didn't corrupt it like it did with TokyoTrim? I'll have to grab a copy of TokyoTrim to see what's going on with it.

Bobster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
The internal names being the same definitely isn't the cause of the problem. The way it works is this :

First it unpacks the archive to a folder and scans for a NDS file (or copies it if it's a plain NDS file)
It then checks to see if the CRC32 matches a valid database entry which is what these are :

[C37AB273]
Release No=0002

If it does't find a valid CRC32 match it then does a check against the header by combining the Internal Name, the SecureCRC16 and another value I can't remember off the top of my head at the mo.

So looking at those 2 database entries they shouldn't be matching up as the SecureCRC16 values are different. Did you try running a CRC32 verification on the files?

But they have the SAME database name. Doesn't the "renamer" use that?

CRC's are fine. I figured that was how you parsed for the entry. The problem is that there is the same database name which you use for the zip filename which then overwrites the old zip file.

For example when I add rom file #0001 it repacks it as Electroplankton.zip. That is well and good. But then I try and add #0262 it is also repacked as Electroplankton.zip and overwrites the one with #0001 in it.

Try it with any game that has more than one country release. Only the latest added version is kept.

Bob

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Bobster said:
TrolleyDave said:

[C37AB273]
Release No=0002

CRC's are fine. I figured that was how you parsed for the entry. The problem is that there is the same database name which you use for the zip filename which then overwrites the old zip file.

For example when I add rom file #0001 it repacks it as Electroplankton.zip. That is well and good. But then I try and add #0262 it is also repacked as Electroplankton.zip and overwrites the one with #0001 in it.

Try it with any game that has more than one country release. Only the latest added version is kept.

Bob

Aaaaah, I see what you're getting at now. There isn't alot I can do about that, it's the way your renamer macro is set up. Go into the configuration panel and you'll see the options for setting up your renaming string. The simplest solution is to just add the country code macro to the end of the string.

Bobster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
Bobster said:
TrolleyDave said:

[C37AB273]
Release No=0002

Bob

Aaaaah, I see what you're getting at now. There isn't alot I can do about that, it's the way your renamer macro is set up. Go into the configuration panel and you'll see the options for setting up your renaming string. The simplest solution is to just add the country code macro to the end of the string.

Ahah, that explains a lot. Might I suggest using a default including release number at least. That would be pretty failsafe as you will probably get more folks (hopefully) and some of them will use it vanilla out of the package.

Seems like the format I see most is: %RELNO% - %GAMENAME%(%CC1%)(%RELGROUP%)("RomCRC")

Do you have or can you add a macro for "RomCRC"?

Bob

P.S. Or I can just avoid "drag and drop" (with its renamer) and just load the directory through windows and then scan then into the library as I just found out.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Uploaded an updated version of the pack editor to the server. Added the ability to load in old packs and added the ability to drop folders into the file list. I kept the file names the same on the server so the old link will work but here they are to save some searching.

Click here for rar file
Click here for zip file

Steevsee said:
Lastly, the homebrew library(currently on card) doesn't seem to refresh properly.

Can you expand on that one a little? I've just been testing it now and it seems to be working alright. Is it just certain packs that aren't refreshing?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
+ Fixed bug where Release list panel Wanted checkbox was displaying genre.
+ Fixed a bug when using search filters in the DS library.

+++ Pack Builder Changes
+ You can now drop folders into the file list.
+ Added Load Pack button.

+++ Latest packs from Stevesee added to the download center.

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
is the trim utility built into dsfcc the same EZ-trim + from your blog?
also, can put a direct link to 0.33 on your blog since my auto-updater is not working for some reason

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
is the trim utility built into dsfcc the same EZ-trim + from your blog?
also, can put a direct link to 0.33 on your blog since my auto-updater is not working for some reason
and can you make M3DS Real change to M3 Real/M3i zero so it shows M3i zero as a card type since my sister uses that and she sometimes gets confused at why her card is not shown as a card type

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DragonMals
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    DragonMals tempBOT: DragonMals has joined the room.