Hacking DSFCC - Flashcart manager for Windows.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
10oejvd.jpg

Current version : 0.35a

Thanks dohclude for the great new toolbar icons.
smile.gif

Download links on my blog
Click here...

Features
File Explorer
- Quickly and easily rename files to match the release name and number.
- Permanently trim files (using Wifi compatable trimming) using a lightning fast trimming method.
- Verify your releases by CRC.
- Browse NDS and GBA games (in .zip, .rar, .7z, .nds and .gba format) with boxart for NDS and title screens for GBA along with screenshots.
- Quickly add games to your games folder by dropping them into the Explorer panel. Rename and permanently trim at the same time.
- Automatically patch GBA games to use SRAM saves while copying to the card.
- Automatically trim NDS/GBA files while copying to your MicroSD card using Wifi compatable trimming method.
- View and delete the games already installed on your MicroSD card.
- Batch selection for batch processing.
- Renames NDS files inside archives.
- Choose to automatically repack files as either zip or 7zip files when renaming.
- Clears unneeded files from archives when repacking.
- Archive in archive unpacking.
- Choose a cheat file to automatically copy to the card after copying games or copy it manually.

NDS/GBA Games Library
- View all your games in a list including game icons.
- Select which games are your favourites. When copying your favourite games and other games into different folders set by you.
- Find games using many different search options.
- Uses Advanscene's offline list details for accurate numbering and naming.

Saves Library
- Quickly and easily copy your NDS and GBA saves from your MicroSD card to your saves library.
- Quickly and easily remove saves from your saves library for games that don't exist in your NDS games library any more.
- Backup and restore your saves library by date.
- Manage both your NDS and GBA saves.
- Rename your save files from .sav to .nds.sav and vice-versa with 1 button click.

NDS/GBA Release List
- Browse a list of all Nintendo DS/GBA scene releases and see boxarts and screenshots for each.
- Search for games by name, country or language.
- Quickly and easily see which games are missing from your NDS/GBA games library.

Video Library
- Quickly and easily browse your DPG files.
- Add descriptions, artwork and IMDB links for all your videos.

Audio Library
- Quickly and easily browse your MP3 files.
- Display info such as title and artist as stored in the MP3 for easy browsing.
- Add artwork to each MP3.

Utilities
- Quickly and easily install the firmware for your card.

Other features
- Configure folder names for your games, favourite games, video and audio easily.
- Allows you to select your GBA folder and automatically selects folder names for 3-in-1 tool and ExpLoader.
- Quickly and easily access websites and forums such as GBATemp.
- Easily apply skins to your CycloDS/EDGE/R4DS using built in skinning utilities.
- Automatically upgrade via the internet.
- and more!

Known issues
- There are probably some bugs in there that I haven't found. If you find one then let me know and I'll try and sort it out as quick as possible.
- There's no readme instructions yet, I'll do that when it's finished. There are tool tips for everything and if you get confused on something just ask in here. That way I can either simplify the process in the app itself or help you out!

Screenshots
File Explorer
juw9k0.jpg

NDS Release List
qqwkf8.jpg

Video Library
2ajp3mb.jpg

GBA Library
2gua82h.jpg

Configuration
2nt8ljo.jpg

Video Tutorials
http://trolleyguy.blip.tv/#1529519

tsampiras

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
WOW!!! Seems very nice.
I am downloading right now. I will check it out and post my impressions.

An pleasant change from ndscrc

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
tsampiras said:
WOW!!! Seems very nice.
I am downloading right now. I will check it out and post my impressions.

An pleasant change from ndscrc

Cheers! There's still some stuff I want to put in there but it's got all the basics.

edit : Put beta6 up. Added cheat file management and GBA release list.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
beta6 Released
------------------
+ Added GBA release list.
+ Added Cheat file management.
+ Added flashcart selection.

beta8 Released
------------------
+ Fixed a bug when choosing "Show only games I'm missing" in the GBA release list.
+ A few cosmetic tinkerings.
+ SkinR4 and CycloNeDS are now built into DSFCC, select using the File dropdown menu.
+ Improved on-line update process. Checking for upgrades now also updates the release list at the same time.
+ Some memory handling improvements.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Mate, I didn't know you're up to this stuff....This was very pleasant surprise....And I see you have GBA release list too....

Nice, very nice....and helpful!!

P.S. And I love the background you use......Anarchistic manager!!

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Toni Plutonij said:
Mate, I didn't know you're up to this stuff....This was very pleasant surprise....And I see you have GBA release list too....

Nice, very nice....and helpful!!

P.S. And I love the background you use......Anarchistic manager!!

Cheers Toni! I've written a few utils but nothing major really. I've only been programming for about 2 years now on and off. It's actually pretty easy doing simple stuff now the development tools do pretty much everything for you! lol

P

pasc

HEY ! Nice video choice there ! That was one of the videos where you just had to laugh at.

Tenacious D rocks.

Hope your program will get beyond a wip since it looks promising.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I still think you have to know stuff and have some skills to do something like this..You really pleasantly surprised me!!
wink.gif

Just keep it up, this looks very nice, and I'll use it for the games I still have on my PC for sure (recently I've deleted over 15 GB of NDS games from my computer)..

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
pasc said:
HEY ! Nice video choice there ! That was one of the videos where you just had to laugh at.

Tenacious D rocks.

Hope your program will get beyond a wip since it looks promising.

The only reason I'm still considering it a WIP is cos I haven't added the homebrew library yet, and possibly a full GBA library similar to the DS library. It'll probably get a full official release over the next few days.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Antoligy said:
Very good!
I'm using it instead of Rominator!
Thanks!
Just please don't add forced "donations" in when its at its first proper release!

Hank doesn't force anyone to donate. Rominator's still completely usable without donating, you just get extra features if you do.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
greyhound said:
so what does it mean, DSFCC??

DS Flash Cart Commander. It originally started out as R4 Commander V3.0 but with it having stuff in it for more than just the R4 I figured it was time for a name change.

edit : Just put beta8a on-line. Found a problem with the drag and drop processing of rar files.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Civ Revolution DS (U) has wrong box art. GBAtemp lists it as 2438, the program lists it as 2440. I downloaded the zip with the GFX folder and hit update in the program and still is incorrect.

Other than that, great work. I had used some of the earlier betas of R4 Commander, but had been dragging and dropping manually for a while, but after trying this I'll be sticking with it this time (especially because of the extra 200 MB from trimming).

Just out of curiosity, how often is the release list updated? I've got a couple that aren't in the program's list yet and just was wondering how long it usually takes for stuff to get added.

Edit: Oh, and an auto download of the cheats file would be nice as well. I don't actually use them, but if it gave the option to update the cheat file through the internet too, that'd be helpful to many I'm sure. Maybe just a checkbox for which version of the cheats you need (Cheats.dat, usrcheat.dat, etc) and a selection to tell the program where the cheat file is? And I'm a little unsure about what the current "cheats" preferences menu does anyway, any chance you could clarify that?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Cheers, any boxarts you find that are wrong can you let me know. I'll have to change the files around on the server. The problem with it is that I was using GBAtemp numbering for R4 Commander V2.0 but Advanscene numbering for this one and the numbering is different on a few of them.

The release list get's updated when Offline list does. The EZ-Trim+ release list get's updated alot faster.

I was thinking of adding autodownloading of the cheat database at some point in the future, I'm not really sure how to do it at the moment but I'm working on it! What do you want to know about the cheat preferences? Just quickly one of the options allows you to set the location of the cheat file you use and one tells DSFCC to automatically copy the cheat file over after copying a selection of games. Was it something different you wanted to know?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Raven Darkheart said:
i'd give this a whirl if it supported my cyclo ds

What does it need to make it support the CycloDS specifically? I've put in an option for the Cyclo and the built in skinner supports it. I don't own one so don't know if it needs anything specific.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1