Misc DS Wireless Gameplay via PC?

homesickalien

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just wondering if it would be possible to write an app for the PC that would allow wireless gameplay through the internet.

To further clarify, I mean non-WFC games that work wirelessly while your opponent is in the same room, but to use your computer as an intermediary to fool your DS into thinking that there is another DS nearby. Kind of like "Hamachi" for DS (for those who are familiar with the app.)

Thoughts?

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tunnelling. It's possible. It has been worked on but I think development of this idea has been on freeze for a good while now.

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tunnelling. It's possible. It has been worked on but I think development of this idea has been on freeze for a good while now.
Wasn't that project warppipe
smile.gif
(for the GC)?

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Digeman

Trophies
XP
Country
A program like hamachi for the ds would be really awesome, I mean just imagine playing advance wars wirellesly with other people around the world. But since i don't know shit about how stuff like that works i can't possibly imagine how or even if that's possible
unsure.gif

ghettobob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They have something like that for arcade games and n64 games. It is so awesome I forgot what it was called though. It should be possible, wonder how long it took to do the n64 online thing
unsure.gif

wepoo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, for MAME, N64, Amiga and a few others you can use Kaillera. NES and SNES have clients aswell (their names I can't remember right now, zsnes maybe?).

The problem with doing it with a DS is that it doesn't usually run on a PC so it would be pretty hard to implement the connection through a PC running the networking software. But; learn to program, study hard and it just might be you developing this kind of thing for the next gen handheld.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol