DS Wireless Gameplay via PC?

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by homesickalien, Jul 22, 2007.

Jul 22, 2007
  1. homesickalien
    OP

Newcomer homesickalien Member

Canada
    Just wondering if it would be possible to write an app for the PC that would allow wireless gameplay through the internet.

To further clarify, I mean non-WFC games that work wirelessly while your opponent is in the same room, but to use your computer as an intermediary to fool your DS into thinking that there is another DS nearby. Kind of like "Hamachi" for DS (for those who are familiar with the app.)

Thoughts?

2. AshuraZro

Member AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Canada
    Tunnelling. It's possible. It has been worked on but I think development of this idea has been on freeze for a good while now.

3. Scorpei

Member Scorpei GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    Wasn't that project warppipe [​IMG] (for the GC)?

4. IainDS

Member IainDS GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I would love DS download play over Wifi [​IMG]

5. AshuraZro

Member AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Canada
    Naw.

http://akkit.org/dstunnel/

There's the page.

6. Digeman

Member Digeman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden
    A program like hamachi for the ds would be really awesome, I mean just imagine playing advance wars wirellesly with other people around the world. But since i don't know shit about how stuff like that works i can't possibly imagine how or even if that's possible [​IMG]

7. ghettobob

Member ghettobob GBAtemp Regular

United States
    They have something like that for arcade games and n64 games. It is so awesome I forgot what it was called though. It should be possible, wonder how long it took to do the n64 online thing [​IMG]

8. homesickalien
    OP

Newcomer homesickalien Member

Canada
    Oh wow, that's awesome, but so incredibly sad that there doesn't seem to be any updates since last november. It looks like it's not too far from completion too.

9. wepoo

Newcomer wepoo Advanced Member

Australia
    Yeah, for MAME, N64, Amiga and a few others you can use Kaillera. NES and SNES have clients aswell (their names I can't remember right now, zsnes maybe?).

The problem with doing it with a DS is that it doesn't usually run on a PC so it would be pretty hard to implement the connection through a PC running the networking software. But; learn to program, study hard and it just might be you developing this kind of thing for the next gen handheld.