Hacking DS Turns Off When Flipped Open + Broken Hinge

pastatarts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ohgodwhathappenedls9.jpg

So my sibling borrowed my DS for a bit a few months back and decided it was a good time to accidentally drop it. Like a lot of people, the right hinge developed a crack on the right hand side. It was working for a bit so I thought it would be okay. Too bad that lasted only a while.

As you can see by the picture, the DS is now connected only by the left hinge, and the right hinge allows the top screen to swing any which way unless you hold onto it. It still turns on fine, but now it will power off whenever you flip it open. And like most cases, the DS obviously no longer clicks open but instead folds out like a floppy piece of tissue paper.

I am in no way tech savvy nor do I have a great deal in disassembling and reassembling things. I looked through some threads and noticed discussions about wires that could be disconnected, but I'd have no idea how to look for them.

Basically, I'd like to know whether or not I'd have to replace the casing, and if so how I would do it, what I'd need, where to buy it, etc.

And/Or I'd like to know if there is anyone who knows what I can do about the power problem with the DS.

Oh, and yes, a chunk of the DS is missing on the top right. Fantastic. And the shiny stuff on the bottom screen is the light from the room I took the picture from.

Edit: And what the hell. This person's DS broke in the exact same fashion as mine did with that jagged looking disconnection. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=92363&hl=hinge

Edit 2: Now it just turns on for a second, a red light flashes under the green light which shines brightly for a bit, and then it turns off. ARGGHH

davislim

Trophies
Website
davis91lim.ndsthemes.com
XP
Country
Senegal
kinda too much probs there....5 ways to solve here
1) send to nintendo
2) buy a new one
3) buy a new case online (does not solve power prob)
4) glue the hinge in 90degree angle and play ds wif charger
5) pray hard n hope someone will giv u a ds present

hope one of the choices there will help...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.theverge.com/2024/7/26/24206529/intel-13th-14th-gen-crashing-instability-cpu-voltage-q-a