ROM Hack DS sound files reverse engineered

the_miker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome - someone figuring out the instrument format is exactly what we need.
Hell yeah! .dsf files here we come.
smile.gif

-Mike

Konamix02

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I used what Fast said(the 7F offset) and in Audacity I tried a bunch of different sample rates but they sound real muddy. I also used VOX ADPCM on THAS

edit:
That kinda sucks you cant recompile after you extract using sdattool. I was kinda looking forward to a chance at a custom soundtrack on THAS

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Rykar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What exactly is VGMTrans, it doesn't seem to be released yet and the person on Loveemu sure likes to show it off a lot.

sblur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What exactly is VGMTrans, it doesn't seem to be released yet and the person on Loveemu sure likes to show it off a lot.
It appears to be a program that can extract the musical instrument samples from the .sseq files as a .dls file, so that you can play the midi's converted with sseq2mid correctly. (As opposed to using the standard gm.dls file that Windows uses by default, unless you have a sound card that supports Hardware MIDI like the Soundblaster Audigy)

shunned_bozo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
now that swav2wav has been released by Loveumu, there are more chance to convert strm files??

or we still have to use the substituion of the header??? and if this, can you explain please agin your method (the 7F offset),,please?

THANKS

RyuKakashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Woo I just extracted trauma center's music and i'm lovin it but what limits it to only midi? Is it just cause it's suppose to sound this way but somehow the DS plays it otherwise or is it just the stage of reverse engineering?

bryehn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've had some pretty decent success ripping these things to wav/mp3 with Winamp, but some games' music comes out distorted (Final Fantasy III specifically) or stuttery (Animal Crossing). Anybody have a better rip method for combining the .mid and .dls files?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Oh damn, @SylverReZ already said that +1