Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That is pretty cool
tpi.gif

Anyway, I have a problem.

I'm on a mac and I'm having problems patching HG with Magnius' Pokemon HGSS patch v3.1 with this. It won't let me patch!

Shinryuji

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
_Retro_ said:
CompC said:
I keep getting this when I try to patch SoulSilver with the KazoWar v6 patch:

17c4u.Screen%20shot%202009-10-03%20at%207.24.36%20PM.png

I had a few people have the same problem, I got it to repeat on my Mac, and it can be fixed by using the patch from the Batch folder. I've also found out that the Katakana patches don't work. This seems to be a problem with the patches.
That problem also comes up if your patch doesn't have a ".patch" at the end. For some reason the app doesn't recognise the file otherwise
tongue.gif

_Retro_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hatsu said:
That is pretty cool
tpi.gif

I'm on a mac and I'm having problems patching HG with Magnius' Pokemon HGSS patch v3.1 with this. It won't let me patch!

Triforce2112 said:
tried with wataru's patch, didnt work for me. thanks for the trouble in making one =P. gonna reinstall bootcamp and try it there

I'm currently updating the xdelta build, I think that may fix these problems. I'll make a post when I get the update out.

Advice Dog said:
Just one problem.

It needs a name.
smile.gif

I'm not good with naming, help me out!

QUOTE(Shinryuji @ Oct 19 2009, 05:44 AM)
That problem also comes up if your patch doesn't have a ".patch" at the end. For some reason the app doesn't recognise the file otherwise
tongue.gif

That shouldn't be a problem. I renamed my patch to patch.poop and it works. I made the patcher so that it would recognize any file name and should work as long as it is an xdelta patch.

Shinryuji

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
_Retro_ said:
Hatsu said:
That is pretty cool
tpi.gif

Triforce2112 said:
tried with wataru's patch, didnt work for me. thanks for the trouble in making one =P. gonna reinstall bootcamp and try it there

I'm currently updating the xdelta build, I think that may fix these problems. I'll make a post when I get the update out.

Advice Dog said:
Just one problem.

It needs a name.
smile.gif

I'm not good with naming, help me out!

QUOTE(Shinryuji @ Oct 19 2009, 05:44 AM)
tongue.gif

That shouldn't be a problem. I renamed my patch to patch.poop and it works. I made the patcher so that it would recognize any file name and should work as long as it is an xdelta patch.

Awesome! Can't wait for the update!

lexman4

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i keep getting this xdelta3: not a VCDIFF input: XD3_INVALID_INPUT i tried getting a new non faulty patch but it just keeps saying the same thing

_Retro_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lexman4 said:
i keep getting this xdelta3: not a VCDIFF input: XD3_INVALID_INPUT i tried getting a new non faulty patch but it just keeps saying the same thing

What patch are you using?

tangotoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys this is amazing, but...

...using this program can i use the patch/ crack for mario and luigi 3 for the ds? Like because it doesn't work but apparently there is a patch for it that will make it work?

I haven't got the faintest idea about patching etc, or how any of it works!

tangotoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, so i've been trying to use this to patch mario and luigi 3, got usa build of ml3, and the xenophobia patch that apparently works with my AK2i, but nothing is patching!

Just says invalid input as well!

underscore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Retro_ said:
lexman4 said:

What patch are you using?

I'm not sure which patch he was using but i just tested with xenophobia's legend of zelda: spirit tracks patch and it didn't work, got this error:

xdelta3: not a VCDIFF input: XD3_INVALID_INPUT

I'm going to note that their patch comes as a .crack file and i tried it both with the filename unchanged, and with the file extension changed to .patch. Same results on both. I was able to flip into boot camp and apply the patch from windows, so I know the rom/patch combo is valid.

Nonetheless, I apprecate the effort on this! I was able to get it working on the Retro Super Mario Bros. demo, which is cool. Let me know if you'd like me to test another build of the tool with this patch/rom combo.

_Retro_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so in my work in trying to compile a new xdelta binary, I have hit a roadblock. Currently, I have found it not possible to compile xdelta using the current source code. My guess is that once the source code is updated to support Snow Leopard, I can compile a new binary. I think that a new, updated binary will fix the problems with the invalid input error.

Until then, there is a different way to patch pretty much any game as long as you have Crossover installed. If anyone has Crossover and wants to know the method, let me know please. Thank you for your patience fellas.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kosheh said:
This is awesome.
My girlfriend can finally patch ROMs of games she wants to play, instead of nagging me to bring over my flashcart to transfer my patched games onto or waiting an hour on a molasses-slow computer to patch a single ROM. :I

many girls use macs
this program will get you a lot of girls o/

That's kind of a sexist post. I'm a guy and I have a mac desk and laptop but with that aside THANK YOU, to the creator of this program. The hacking community really $#!+$ all over mac users so its nice to see someone working on homebrew tools that can be used from a mac WITHOUT having to install crossover (shoddy at best when it works) or having to install XP/Vista/7 in some way
tongue.gif

willb10

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello
gbasp.gif

im new here , and was wondering , what patch is used for most of the latest games like GTA ?
and where to find this patch ?

thanks ,

Willb10

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problem with app: You cannot patch pre-patched roms which rather sucks. Not sure if there is a way to fix it, but would be great if it could be.

Edit: Just realized the problem might be because the patched ROM is trimmed during patching process.

_Retro_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gumbyx84 said:
Problem with app: You cannot patch pre-patched roms which rather sucks. Not sure if there is a way to fix it, but would be great if it could be.

Edit: Just realized the problem might be because the patched ROM is trimmed during patching process.

That's a problem that has to do with the rom ID. If a rom has already been patched or trimmed, the rom ID may have changed depending on the patch/trim. When trying to use whatever new patch you have, the patcher can't patch the game since the ID on the patch doesn't match the ID on the rom.

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Retro_ said:
gumbyx84 said:

That's a problem that has to do with the rom ID. If a rom has already been patched or trimmed, the rom ID may have changed depending on the patch/trim. When trying to use whatever new patch you have, the patcher can't patch the game since the ID on the patch doesn't match the ID on the rom.

Is there anyway to get around this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...