Hacking DS Phat - VR???

yifan_lu

@yifanlu
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of my friends tried to install FlashMe on his DS Light and touched the small part of the VR right next to the SL1 (shown here in red:
Flashme8.jpg
) and bricked it. I am now trying to install Flashme on my DS Phat using my M3 and was wondering if the DS Phat has the same small part of VR next to the SL1 like the light, if so, what precautions should I take to preventing bricking my DS like my friends?

mcbey

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Phat as it, but its no way near as close as it is on the Lite. I've flashed my Phat twice with a simple screw driver, and I poked around with it quite a bit. Yo u souldn't have any problems on your phat.
smile.gif

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Phat as it, but its no way near as close as it is on the Lite. I've flashed my Phat twice with a simple screw driver, and I poked around with it quite a bit. Yo u souldn't have any problems on your phat.
smile.gif

I agree. I was wiggling the damn screwdriver around so much that it couldn't have been too close to it.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I tried to flash my DS Phat using some crap tape that wouldn't stick properly (it was a screw, so there wasn't much for it to stick to), and eventually gave up with the tape and did it without, and it worked perfectly fine.
You shouldn't have any problems flashing your phat, but the safest way would be using a toothpick covered with aliminum (sp) foil and completely covered with tape except for the tip.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy