DS Phat - VR???

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by yifan_lu, May 8, 2007.

May 8, 2007

DS Phat - VR??? by yifan_lu at 4:06 AM (1,272 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. yifan_lu
    OP

Member yifan_lu @yifanlu

United States
    One of my friends tried to install FlashMe on his DS Light and touched the small part of the VR right next to the SL1 (shown here in red: [​IMG]) and bricked it. I am now trying to install Flashme on my DS Phat using my M3 and was wondering if the DS Phat has the same small part of VR next to the SL1 like the light, if so, what precautions should I take to preventing bricking my DS like my friends?

2. mcbey

Member mcbey GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The Phat as it, but its no way near as close as it is on the Lite. I've flashed my Phat twice with a simple screw driver, and I poked around with it quite a bit. Yo u souldn't have any problems on your phat. [​IMG]

3. 754boy

Banned 754boy :D

United States
    I agree. I was wiggling the damn screwdriver around so much that it couldn't have been too close to it.

4. Jdbye

Suspended Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    I tried to flash my DS Phat using some crap tape that wouldn't stick properly (it was a screw, so there wasn't much for it to stick to), and eventually gave up with the tape and did it without, and it worked perfectly fine.
    You shouldn't have any problems flashing your phat, but the safest way would be using a toothpick covered with aliminum (sp) foil and completely covered with tape except for the tip.

5. yifan_lu
    OP

Member yifan_lu @yifanlu

United States
    Thanks everyone, I've successfully flashed my ds with Flashme v8. [​IMG]

Mods, close this topic.