Hardware DS Phat Top screen no image, tried replacing screen and motherboard

MikeyLORR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I've had my DS phat with a capture card for several years, I've had to do some repairs on it every now and then but right now I'm having an issue that I'm not sure how to fix. It was working as normal and suddenly the top screen was pulsing white. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the screen ribbon cables (I have a capture card, I tried both with and without the capture card) and now the screen was just white with no other picture. I thought the screen might have broken so I tried replacing it with another screen which I knew was working, but it had the same issue, with and without capture. This made me think the connector on the motherboard was broken. After replacing the mother board and trying again (with the newly replaced top screen), it was still just white with no picture, with and without capture card. Not sure if something else is causing the problem. Any help is appreciated.

Reactions: bonkmaykr

bonkmaykr

Thinkpad Stickerbomber
Trophies
Website
bonkmaykr.xyz
XP
Country
United States
If the entire motherboard and screen has been swapped and it is still broken in the same way, that tells me there's a software failure and the screen is displaying as it should. Either another hardware component broke/disconnected and caused a software error in the process (this is insanely common on Nintendo consoles due to them having basically no exception handling), or you somehow bricked the firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.techspot.com/news/104965-gskill-unveils-ultra-high-performance-48gb-ddr5-9000.html