DS on TV

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by RaulCortez, Dec 11, 2008.

Dec 11, 2008

DS on TV by RaulCortez at 5:24 AM (1,228 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. RaulCortez
    OP

Newcomer RaulCortez Advanced Member

United States
    There are a lot of great games on DS. Mostly RPG's. However, DS isn't the best platform to play hours and hours. I'm loving to play CT again, however, it's very uncomfortable to play it on the DS. I just hate portables when they start to hurt your eyes, hands, back and so on. [​IMG]

Anyway, i was thinking... is there any accessory that allows me to attach DS to my TV through an AV cable or something? That would be interesting. [​IMG]

2. tbgtbg

Member tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

United States
    No, not with an actual DS. The closest thing you could do would be to run an emulator on a PC hooked up to a TV.

3. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    Some reviewers and such have a kit that lets them do it, but I don't think you could get one. The most logical thing to do would be to use an emulator.

4. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    Another option is if you have alot of spare time, theres a mod out there of a ds with 10" screens. try that if you want.

5. toastert2003

Member toastert2003 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I don't think this is possible. DS has 2 screens, with the aspect ratio for both screens needing to be correct and the fact there is a touch screen, i think it would take some weird modifications to make it work on the TV alone, with a peripheral touchpad controller to go with it, ta boot.

Neat idea though, I bet this has been answered before.

--- i still think it was a good question.

6. ShakeBunny

Member ShakeBunny GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Probably wouldn't work but has anyone tried one of those cables that are used to connect Zunes to TVs?

They have a headphone plug on one end and the red, white, and yellow connectors on the other. I bet you couldn't get both screens with one, but even having just the top screen would be cool. That way you could still play games running from an emulator on your TV with you DS as a controller.

7. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Emulator with TV out via PC and maybe using something like ds2key if you wanted would be the easiest way. While emulators are pretty good they are probably not up to this.

The mod dinofan01 spoke of is the jumbotron DS:
    http://home.comcast.net/~olimar/DS/jumbotron/
    Alas there is only the one as far as I know and it would be fairly complex to replicate.

The kit granville spoke of as far as I am aware is a simple analogue loop machine with a big camera in, nothing more.

@penguindefender those phones/players with the ability are usually designed to do it, the DS port is just a headphone socket (the microphone goes in the little square next to for those wondering).

On the other hand this topic rolls around every few months but nothing has changed since last time.

8. RaulCortez
    OP

Newcomer RaulCortez Advanced Member

United States
    DS emulators don't run some games nicely... but, i'll make some experiments with my PSX controller and iDeaS.