DS lite won't boot -- both screens flash

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by []KAOS[]Casey, Jun 14, 2015.

1. []KAOS[]Casey
    OP

[]KAOS[]Casey Member

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2009
    United States
    I just swapped a working DS lite into a new shell, and initially the top screen flashed when turning it on so I reseated the bottom LCD, and now it flashes both LCDs and turns on, gets a brighter green light, then turns off.

The fuses look okay, but the EM10 filter is cracked (I can actually lift it apart!) so I can't charge.. but that does explain why it was flaky on charging before... I thought it was the connector, silly me.

If I disconnect the wifi module the unit stays powered on but I get no video. Is it possible that the wifi module broke and is causing this issue or are there other things I can check?

Thanks for any help.

2. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

GBAtemp Patron
    VashTS is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    might be the screen connector ribbon cable. i know that happens with DSi's at least.

3. []KAOS[]Casey
    OP

[]KAOS[]Casey Member

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2009
    United States
    That is what I suspect, as it does have a small crease in the cable.. Damn that thing was difficult to thread in and out. If no one else has any suggestions i'll buy a cable and report back.

4. Retro_Mod_Gamer

Retro_Mod_Gamer Member

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2015
    Canada
    The WiFi card doesn't even have to be connected for it to work. Did you test it before putting it back together?