OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
narutoshippudenclashofninja.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Canada
I have just bought DS Lite and confused after reading all the reviews what card to buy.I am thinking to buy

Ds Linker 1GB (8g) $50.99

Original Size
No Flashme, No Passme, No convert.
Boot from DS slot directly
Built-in memory design
Clear ROM support directly
Multi-games support
U-Disk Operation, just Drag 'n Drop
MoonShell support, MP3 & Movie.
Distributed by Supercard team

Any advise,comments appreciated,thanks

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if your buying the ds linker just get the N-card its the exact same card with the same firmware however its almost half the price. http://sky2k.com/shop/ncard-8gb-p-260.html . Well i have the n-card and i have never had any problems with it, it usedto be a pain in the ass when you had to pick your save file for each game but with the latest firmware you dotn have to do that. It also has soft reset... the only things it lacking is a cheat function.
cool.gif

Hayem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Canada
if your buying the ds linker just get the N-card its the exact same card with the same firmware however its almost half the price. http://sky2k.com/shop/ncard-8gb-p-260.html . Well i have the n-card and i have never had any problems with it, it usedto be a pain in the ass when you had to pick your save file for each game but with the latest firmware you dotn have to do that. It also has soft reset... the only things it lacking is a cheat function.Â
cool.gif

so it does the same thing,wow almost half price difference,will I be able to load mp3/movies,..
also at the bottom it says " If you need a GBA cart size writer, please specify when you checkout. "
I guess I don't need this for my ds Lite,correct?thank you.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I suggest you do some more research like read the gbatemp reviews to see what card would suit you the best... the best thing to do is not jump in and buy the first card you see because if you look into it more you might see a card you like much better. Theres nothing wrong with the card but im just giving you some advice
smile.gif
Ah I also forgot to mention another downside is the writing times to put a rom on the card is slow but as i said the card is really good i dont have any problems with mines. If you want to play mp3s/movies you will need to install moonshell and then they will work pefectly but the movies have to be in dpg so you might have to convert them.And to answer your final question no you dont need the gba sized linker because you have the nds lite
cool.gif
anymore questions feel free to ask.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the reviews I found it very overwhelmed.
I found this one

http://sky2k.com/shop/supercard-dsone-micr...lish-p-242.html

and looks update version of DS Linker.does not say if it hold 1GigBytes or not.

It is realy confusing I was going to buy DS Linker (1GIG) with 1000+ games in it,its good I did not the guy wanted 90$!

If your going to buy the supercard ds one you need to buy a micro sd thats why it doesn't say what size it is
happy.gif
I dont know much about the supercard so i cant really help you with that one.

ghettobob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He was talking about a 2gb N-Card, and your linking him to a 1gb...Thats why its so much cheaper :/
SuperCard's = R4 with no needed updates, and better springs
biggrin.gif

And why is this in the DS Xtreme forum?
Can some moderator move this?

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
I highly recommend the N-Card. I got my little brother the 1GB(8Gbit) version from dealextreme and everything has worked flawlessly.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
My opinion, get an R4 and EZFlash 3 in 1. Simple, you can also play GBA games (because of the 3 in 1), has rumble and Opera RAM support too.

Hayem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Canada
I highly recommend the N-Card. I got my little brother the 1GB(8Gbit) version from dealextreme and everything has worked flawlessly.

The reason my post is here I could not find DS Linker section :'(
Just to make it clear with N-card I can copy .nds files from the net and it should work,and I guess with the card comes all the tools like cable,writer,thanks

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
If you want internal memory go N-CARD or clones(Firelinker,etc). If you want external memory go R4,SC-ONE,EZF5,etc. I would recommend either a SC-ONE or N-Card as I own both and have no problems with them. If all you want to do is run ROMS get the N-Card

EDIT- Yes they both have updates and with N-Card you can use another N-Card's clone firmware if you wish. Hope this helps

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd go for either the G6 Real, Supercard DS One, or the CycloDS.

@Hayem - Internal Memory is a flashcart which uses memory which is built in to it, like the G6 Real, DS linker etc. External memory is cards like the R4, M3 Simply which use Micro-SD cards. I find internal memory to be more reliable as it offers 1:1 gameplay which external memory will never offer with every game.

Hayem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Canada
I'd go for either the G6 Real, Supercard DS One, or the CycloDS.

@Hayem - Internal Memory is a flashcart which uses memory which is built in to it, like the G6 Real, DS linker etc. External memory is cards like the R4, M3 Simply which use Micro-SD cards. I find internal memory to be more reliable as it offers 1:1 gameplay which external memory will never offer with every game.

thanks for explaining it to me,I have learned something new from you..

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeh, as someone said go for N-card etc. for internal memory. That's what I have and it's got 1GB of space.
smile.gif

But for external memory like Micro SD go for M3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol