Gaming DS Lite Doesn't turn on after top screen replaced (speakers not soldered)

Thiinka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, I've made an account here to get some help on why exactly this happened to my DS.

Since I haven't gotten the hang of soldering yet, and assumed that I could just play with headphones, I did not solder the speakers to the new screen. I don't know if that has anything to do with my problem but just in case.

When I try to turn on the DS with everything in place, the green light comes on, the sound clicks (with headphones) like when it turns on normally, but then the bottom screen flashes once and the whole system shuts down.

Is something loose inside (the top screen ribbon perhaps?), do I have to solder the speakers, or do I have to mess with something on the mainboard (I've seen things about F1 and F2 switches somewhere)? (but if i have to deal with that ribbon cable again ugh)

Thanks in advance for any help, and I'll provide more info if i have to!

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, your screen must not be all the way in the connectors. The system wont turn on if the screens arent attached right. I had to undo a lot of work when i did mine.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Thiinka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help, Bortz. The screen connector was a bit loose!

But now when I turn it on, even though the top screen does work, it starts out with max brightness but then darkens until it goes negative. I can still see what's happening, but it's just dark. If I fiddle with the screen power screw, it goes back to normal but then slowly fades to the darkness. Also there's a light patch shaped like a DragonQuest Slime in the middle.

Any thoughts?

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that might be where my knowledge ends.

If you are sure the connectors are all snug, make sure nothing is getting crushed or anything. no bent wires and make sure the board isnt bent.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Thiinka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what the top screen looks like:
Snapshot_20130320_zps3777ddd5.jpg

Thanks for your help though! It's a lot better than my old screen (got temperamental with tilting the lid for white pixels to go away)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...