OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Hi!

I tried unbrick my SC miniSD using DSTT, flashMP.nds inside it.
I booted flashMP and press L+R+UP, waited until it said erasing... then programming (lots of numbers) bytes... Then I accidentally removed my SC miniSD, then I put it back and shut down my DS lite. Then I tried boot it again, no life. Then I put in into a charger, orange light blinks once (about one second) and shut off...

Is there any way to unbrick my DS lite?
unsure.gif

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
blown fuse it seems...

In this case, I would say it is easier to buy a new... It is not easy to get new fuses for DS inside Finland any way, fellow finn.

I do not remember does actual DS firmware brick do that kind of hardware thing (unless your battery just is full when it does the same thing)

Best you could try also is swap trick for DS lite, that is opening up two DS lites, booting up a flashme tool, start the tool, swap the bios/wifi chip on the fly, flash it, and, see does it work.

I've done this kind of thing once, but for me it sounds the tools should not have made anything to your firmware... It may be it, or may be fuse.

I would gladly help you with the flashing if it would help possibly, but not revealing our living locations right now here...

Shorkio

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
JereTHEend said:
blown fuse it seems...

In this case, I would say it is easier to buy a new... It is not easy to get new fuses for DS inside Finland any way, fellow finn.

I do not remember does actual DS firmware brick do that kind of hardware thing (unless your battery just is full when it does the same thing)

Best you could try also is swap trick for DS lite, that is opening up two DS lites, booting up a flashme tool, start the tool, swap the bios/wifi chip on the fly, flash it, and, see does it work.

I've done this kind of thing once, but for me it sounds the tools should not have made anything to your firmware... It may be it, or may be fuse.

I would gladly help you with the flashing if it would help possibly, but not revealing our living locations right now here...

I have few problems with this:
1. I don't have enough money for new DS
2. I don't have two DS, my friends have, but I fon't want use them if I brick them too...

Kiitos silti
smile.gif

Thanks still
smile.gif

BTW, That's my second DS which got bricked (first was by Flashme...) Got new and now this D:

E: I forgot tell also my DSs battery cover's screw had went round... I can't open it D:

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Well shite... If it could make you happy I could repair the first DS of yours if it is DS lite (as said those I can repair easily)

Only if you are able to get in Turku somehow... I would do it practically free. Just promise to not rape me or anything else.

Shorkio

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
JereTHEend said:
Well shite... If it could make you happy I could repair the first DS of yours if it is DS lite (as said those I can repair easily)

Only if you are able to get in Turku somehow... I would do it practically free. Just promise to not rape me or anything else.

Well, I think it's too late now to unbrick my first DS, because I send it to shop where I bought it and got second for free
biggrin.gif

and would this solve the problem?

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yeah, It could... seems like it really is fuse as well.

You'll need Triwing screwdriver as well though (not expensive online though)

Edit:

By the way, do NOT do anything that will possibly blow the fuse again in DS.

I would suggest... maybe different better flashcart... Just because next time you will not be able to do anything...

Shorkio

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
JereTHEend said:

Edit:

I would suggest... maybe different better flashcart... Just because next time you will not be able to do anything...

Uh, that's bad, I think I will never buy SC again...
And I already have two Triwing screwdrivers already
biggrin.gif

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Shorkio said:
JereTHEend said:

Edit:

biggrin.gif

yeah, as even that video said, those fuses are there for reason.

And to say most, supercard is bit ANTIQUATED even...

If you have option to order from outside finland (some kind of paypal accepted card or something) You could get acekard 2i for 8 euros, or M3i zero for 15 euros from dealextreme.com (you need the trick urls to add them to card, the reason why they had to remove the flashcart pages but are still selling them with help of trick url's is longer story, shorter story goes "You get what you order" - plus you'll save the money, since if you do NOT have any payment method like that "modpiiri.com" what I also know to send their stuff, sells m3i zeros for 35 eruos... not entirely cheap but if you have no option to order from outside it is good deal to get a good cart...

Shorkio

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
JereTHEend said:
Shorkio said:
JereTHEend said:

Edit:

biggrin.gif

yeah, as even that video said, those fuses are there for reason.

And to say most, supercard is bit ANTIQUATED even...

If you have option to order from outside finland (some kind of paypal accepted card or something) You could get acekard 2i for 8 euros, or M3i zero for 15 euros from dealextreme.com (you need the trick urls to add them to card, the reason why they had to remove the flashcart pages but are still selling them with help of trick url's is longer story, shorter story goes "You get what you order" - plus you'll save the money, since if you do NOT have any payment method like that "modpiiri.com" what I also know to send their stuff, sells m3i zeros for 35 eruos... not entirely cheap but if you have no option to order from outside it is good deal to get a good cart...

Yup, I know DX (bought my r4 (clone, not used) SC (bricked) and DSTT (maybe real)) and I were sad when I saw that they don't "sell" flashcarts (have to do trick). And Modpiiri's shop about five minutes walk from my school
biggrin.gif

Only one problem, where to get that circuit pen?
unsure.gif

I can't even play GBA games in my GBA SP because SC is bricked... *throws Supercard to wall*
hate2.gif

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yeah.

Two things still make me wonder how did you ACCIDENTALLY remove a GBA pak from slot two - that needs quite effort.

I wish I were close to you but fact that modpiiri seems to be so close to you (they have actual PLACE somewhere?) I think that this ain't true.

I have one extra motherboard for DSlite that Has touch screen ribbon cabl lock broke, so that could be used as excellent guinea pig to unbrick your supercard and stuff.

By the way, most flashcarts from dealextreme are real, jusr that R4 clones tend to overpower the real r4 cards, and even so R4 is quite bad flashcart if compared to other ones.

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How the hell can you remove the SC accidentally? It's not like it pops out just by touching it.

Also someone posted a site where you can buy DS motherboards and other repair parts as well, but I can't remember which it was.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
You could send it out to be repaired somewhere, or if it's still in warranty take it to where you bought it and don't mention anything about what you did, just that it stopped working. Dishonest, but if you can't afford a new one...

There used to be laods of people on the net offering to fix bricked DSLs, but not so much these days.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
yeah, but we still are thinking how you did pull out a GBA cartridge out of slot 2 accidentally.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o