Homebrew DS(i) NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

kubu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I downloaded some dsiware using hiyacfw. Would they still be playable if I uninstall both hiya and unlaunch. (Just curious)

NightScript

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded some dsiware using hiyacfw. Would they still be playable if I uninstall both hiya and unlaunch. (Just curious)
Yes, via two methods.
1) Wait until nds-bootstrap supports DSiWare loading (coming soon)
2) Inject it into System Menu. THIS IS NOT SAFE but it's doable. I'm not walking you through how though

rokopl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
hello i was use TWiLight Menu++ on dsi when i came to unlancher2.0 i use uninstall unlancher and now my dsi is only black screen no error

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ok so I need do chance matherboard or any idea to fix it
Please do not cross post
https://gbatemp.net/threads/uninstal-unlauch-dsi-black-screen-on-my-dsi.567539/#post-9096316

I already gave you all options I can think of – and sadly nobody else replied… so I guess nobody has any other ideas:
  • Remove SD, game and battery → turn on only with battery and nothing else inserted after a few minutes.
  • Reseat WiFi chip
  • Hardmod and restore NAND image
That said, there is a reason why I don't recommend uninstalling any custom firmware (like unlaunch)
============

Replacing the motherboard is an option if you get a cheap one or a complete DSi with damaged screen(s).

Good luck!

sofakng

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys ... I'm looking to get back into using my Nintendo DSi XL but it looks like a lot has changed or been discovered in the scene.

I've read the DSi hacking: everything you need to know about it and more thread but I still have a few questions.

1) I have a SuperCard DSTWO (not plus) flashcard. Is this still the best way to play DS ROMs? If so, what is the latest firmware for the cartridge to ensure best compatibility?

2) What is the difference between TwilightMenu++ and my SuperCard DSTWO cartridge?

3) Is there any benefit to installing CFW, Homebrew Menu, etc, etc, if I'm using this cartridge?

Thanks!

patrizl001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bit of a strange problem I'm having with unlaunch. I'm following the part of the guide where you set NO BUTTON to launch the twilight menu. The problem is, I can't find the BOOT.NDS option. The only options displayed are all of the usual apps the DSi has and it shows photo clock twice for some reason. I tried to skip that and just go straight to installing hiya, but the same problem occurs. There is no hiya.dsi option there in the list, even though I made sure hiya.dsi is in the root folder.

Here's a picture of what I see:
_1Mk3tbe9K5EThXRRrQ40MpnpVKs-PKB8NhJ2MCqBHEUlnGEJ5QJ6ZD1eRzKf_-6zAkiqNbDJT9AYV8QIn9Qgr8NaNp-1xHxp9bzy7HR2tvO6Ij1RCeWgLzxXsbSi_wY0npRaz6S8haa6rpMoZ1tx6IxfNlNs2PL908frh8_p3s020hCT-WruXRcSPoRQWz5Hr8MIKiLR4eNuH_ZuLgWKUbKcJTQgvILvbUZngrV37bNE8kpT90umywQBPFbXsNS6dk4HsOe_ET2sqyZ0Mb6y72ffxkYL6ROg1J7Z5n64Lx4BEw1ENUQnIQ8xTaQHM5-4nswrdCwyrtcjO0tmw2d7irPZ9zb7Kq1TFVFqWddIgi7dDaDJ7DXfyT8jxWirgfw9RqcQHPmfAnTp43jSHwyy-rmqZS99wadqAM8uKHlJxlKJBl83Cpi5C1zMbs2k5lx8arIzK1BgJrqduXOZwpr6F2MqllrQ79Dtt7PhIdUGNqm3ztQyUCg3hUsZq1svRBqSROabwZSSHgpoKJQ1ra_Jq13NmKcEdmHrVvJtjDZMDC_k3hvgIrRGBsU-BaHOwsPN27ICXF81BwrvQulxFErlvIjdAQRlVs8inXkJ1xN7SP5rkxMaOre6JoPgM9PawYrx_-y8Y9TpiL9CWwhT1KAxlorj4mp_SQQGh_6tcKlXsfszO66CPnCLt6x9EQ7dw=w545-h966-no

Any idea what's going on?

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
Bit of a strange problem I'm having with unlaunch. I'm following the part of the guide where you set NO BUTTON to launch the twilight menu. The problem is, I can't find the BOOT.NDS option. The only options displayed are all of the usual apps the DSi has and it shows photo clock twice for some reason. I tried to skip that and just go straight to installing hiya, but the same problem occurs. There is no hiya.dsi option there in the list, even though I made sure hiya.dsi is in the root folder.

Here's a picture of what I see:
_1Mk3tbe9K5EThXRRrQ40MpnpVKs-PKB8NhJ2MCqBHEUlnGEJ5QJ6ZD1eRzKf_-6zAkiqNbDJT9AYV8QIn9Qgr8NaNp-1xHxp9bzy7HR2tvO6Ij1RCeWgLzxXsbSi_wY0npRaz6S8haa6rpMoZ1tx6IxfNlNs2PL908frh8_p3s020hCT-WruXRcSPoRQWz5Hr8MIKiLR4eNuH_ZuLgWKUbKcJTQgvILvbUZngrV37bNE8kpT90umywQBPFbXsNS6dk4HsOe_ET2sqyZ0Mb6y72ffxkYL6ROg1J7Z5n64Lx4BEw1ENUQnIQ8xTaQHM5-4nswrdCwyrtcjO0tmw2d7irPZ9zb7Kq1TFVFqWddIgi7dDaDJ7DXfyT8jxWirgfw9RqcQHPmfAnTp43jSHwyy-rmqZS99wadqAM8uKHlJxlKJBl83Cpi5C1zMbs2k5lx8arIzK1BgJrqduXOZwpr6F2MqllrQ79Dtt7PhIdUGNqm3ztQyUCg3hUsZq1svRBqSROabwZSSHgpoKJQ1ra_Jq13NmKcEdmHrVvJtjDZMDC_k3hvgIrRGBsU-BaHOwsPN27ICXF81BwrvQulxFErlvIjdAQRlVs8inXkJ1xN7SP5rkxMaOre6JoPgM9PawYrx_-y8Y9TpiL9CWwhT1KAxlorj4mp_SQQGh_6tcKlXsfszO66CPnCLt6x9EQ7dw=w545-h966-no

Any idea what's going on?
It should show as "TWiLight Menu++" on the top screen with "sdmc:/boot.nds" on the bottom, it should show up shortly after the SysNAND (internal memory) apps if you scroll down

patrizl001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It should show as "TWiLight Menu++" on the top screen with "sdmc:/boot.nds" on the bottom, it should show up shortly after the SysNAND (internal memory) apps if you scroll down
Problem is, I can't scroll down any further. There's nothing past "photo clock" for some reason, which shows up as "sdmc://00000001.app" even though that doesn't exist.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Problem is, I can't scroll down any further. There's nothing past "photo clock" for some reason, which shows up as "sdmc://00000001.app" even though that doesn't exist.
Try another SD (with just two random .nds files on it). Do they show up in File Menu?

Make sure your SD is formatted to FAT32 (FAT16 if 2GB or less). Always test SDs with h2testw, F3 or F3X before trusting them.

Good luck and have fun!

p.s. Please don't uninstall unlauch. There have been a number of bricked DSi consoles lately and the cause is unknown.

patrizl001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try another SD (with just two random .nds files on it). Do they show up in File Menu?

Make sure your SD is formatted to FAT32 (FAT16 if 2GB or less). Always test SDs with h2testw, F3 or F3X before trusting them.

Good luck and have fun!

p.s. Please don't uninstall unlauch. There have been a number of bricked DSi consoles lately and the cause is unknown.

I definitely formatted it to FAT32 before attempting this. Running h2testw now to see how that goes. Meanwhile, I've tried the SD card that I use in my R4, and it displayed everything fine. Odd...
Unfortunately, that SD card has troubles itself, mainly that it always just suddenly stops writing when I try to take the files off of it, so hopefully I wont have to swap all my files between the two to get things working, or it's gonna be a pain...

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

I definitely formatted it to FAT32 before attempting this. Running h2testw now to see how that goes. Meanwhile, I've tried the SD card that I use in my R4, and it displayed everything fine. Odd...
Unfortunately, that SD card has troubles itself, mainly that it always just suddenly stops writing when I try to take the files off of it, so hopefully I wont have to swap all my files between the two to get things working, or it's gonna be a pain...

I hope I did not overread it:
Please do not use microSD Adapters/Cards.Some make exactly this Issue with Unlaunch/Hiya CFW .:(

Thank you.:)

wariobar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi all, I would like to ask you a thing, it may be stupid but here it goes. I have a NDS lite with a R4 SDHC 2015, and I use it for running some emulators more or less fine as: GBARunner2 and SNEnullSD (from YSMenu) or, GameYob,jEnesisDS, NitroGrafx, NeoDS, S8DS, Pang DS, DSPack, ScummVM DS, etc.

Based on the info that I could find, I believe it would be possible for me to install and run TWiLight Menu++, but would bring me any additional advantage/disadvantage compared with my current setup?

Thank you in advance!

Reniclas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently finished installing a hardmod on my DSi XL and everything is wired correctly according to the diagram on this thread, however when I plug the system into the computer using the SD adapter cable and SD reader, it doesn't seem to mount on any drive. Turning on the DSi with the adapter plugged in gives me a completely blank screen with no error messages akin to the 3DS hardmods and the system turns on and functions normally without the adapter plugged in. I'm running Hiya CFW and I have Unlaunch installed on my NAND if that's a factor. This is also my first time doing a NAND mod on anything so I'm rather lost. Help would be greatly appreciated.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I recently finished installing a hardmod on my DSi XL and everything is wired correctly according to the diagram on this thread, however when I plug the system into the computer using the SD adapter cable and SD reader, it doesn't seem to mount on any drive. Turning on the DSi with the adapter plugged in gives me a completely blank screen with no error messages akin to the 3DS hardmods and the system turns on and functions normally without the adapter plugged in. I'm running Hiya CFW and I have Unlaunch installed on my NAND if that's a factor. This is also my first time doing a NAND mod on anything so I'm rather lost. Help would be greatly appreciated.
Wow. Cool.

Did you measure continuity between SD adapter and the points on the motherboard? My guess in case of a correct hardmod would be 0000FE00 on top of the upper screen while the adapter is plugged into the reader. And normal operation if not plugged in.

Can you… or would you upload some photos of your work? Might help. Maybe somebody sees a problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1