Homebrew DS(i) NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

zeello

The reason we can't have nice things.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, I suck at hacking every system. I just followed some tutorials that tell me to go to photos app for a Facebook icon. It took me a few minutes to figure out that I don't actually need to launch the Facebook icon, but it's really important that I take note of it for some reason. I was apparently just meant to launch the photos app in order to have a folder created on my SD, titled "private". However this folder titled "private" isn't showing up. What did I do wrong?

The SD card was originally from a New 3DS XL if that matters. Should I format the SD card and start all over?

Please help, I have maybe only another hour to two to finish this.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, I suck at hacking every system. I just followed some tutorials that tell me to go to photos app for a Facebook icon. It took me a few minutes to figure out that I don't actually need to launch the Facebook icon, but it's really important that I take note of it for some reason. I was apparently just meant to launch the photos app in order to have a folder created on my SD, titled "private". However this folder titled "private" isn't showing up. What did I do wrong?

The SD card was originally from a New 3DS XL if that matters. Should I format the SD card and start all over?

Please help, I have maybe only another hour to two to finish this.
Ensure the SD write-lock isn't set, and then in the DSi Camera app, touch the SD card button while the SD card is inserted.

Reactions: zeello

bozzoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I tried to start a Chrono Trigger rom patched in another language on twilight menu but when I start up I get an error, how can I fix it?

almmiron

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, I was playing my DSi until yesterday, all good with Castlevania DoS. Suddenly, the game's sound just went off. And to add to the fun, the touchscreen stopped working too. But weirdly enough, the game itself was running fine. I figured it might be a hardware failure, but when I switched back to the original dsi menu (without r4 inserted) and tried to mess around, everything worked like a charm - sound and touchscreen both.

I brainstormed a bit more and came up with a few possible culprits:
  1. Kernel
  2. ROM
  3. SD card
  4. R4 hardware
I tried all sorts of fixes but one:

- swapped SD cards, ROMs, and kernels, but couldn't test another R4 cartridge 'cause I don't have one lying around. I even tried other games. Here's the kicker: when I play the game through the R4, the sound kicks in at first, but the moment I tap the touchscreen, the sound goes silent and the touchscreen stops working. Strange, right? The game runs smoothly on the Twilight Menu, with both sound and touchscreen working fine. And back on the original menu, it's all good too.
I'm stumped, to be honest. I prefer using the R4 over the Twilight Menu (with the proper respect for nds bootstrap), and I'm worried if I buy another R4, I'll run into the same issue. I've been using this same sd/r4 for about 2 years without any problems. Any suggestions?

1711487977424.png

Last edited by almmiron,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I was playing my DSi until yesterday, all good with Castlevania DoS. Suddenly, the game's sound just went off. And to add to the fun, the touchscreen stopped working too. But weirdly enough, the game itself was running fine. I figured it might be a hardware failure, but when I switched back to the original dsi menu (without r4 inserted) and tried to mess around, everything worked like a charm - sound and touchscreen both.

I brainstormed a bit more and came up with a few possible culprits:
  1. Kernel
  2. ROM
  3. SD card
  4. R4 hardware
I tried all sorts of fixes but one:

- swapped SD cards, ROMs, and kernels, but couldn't test another R4 cartridge 'cause I don't have one lying around. I even tried other games. Here's the kicker: when I play the game through the R4, the sound kicks in at first, but the moment I tap the touchscreen, the sound goes silent and the touchscreen stops working. Strange, right? The game runs smoothly on the Twilight Menu, with both sound and touchscreen working fine. And back on the original menu, it's all good too.
I'm stumped, to be honest. I prefer using the R4 over the Twilight Menu (with the proper respect for nds bootstrap), and I'm worried if I buy another R4, I'll run into the same issue. I've been using this same sd/r4 for about 2 years without any problems. Any suggestions?

View attachment 427932
If you're using TWiLight Menu++ to launch the R4 card, then set the Slot-1 touch mode setting to NTR.

Reactions: almmiron

almmiron

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you're using TWiLight Menu++ to launch the R4 card, then set the Slot-1 touch mode setting to NTR.
Thats did the trick, thanks. I did not know that i was using twilight menu to boot flashcard. Well, i'm using unlaunch to fast boot specifc game shortcut, and to boot flashcard if no button is pressed at boot

Reactions: RocketRobz

kbf

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does the Ace3DS X flashcart have built in cheat support? my acekard 2i just died recently and I don't know what to replace it with. Cheats are a must as I mostly play pokemon on it (although I do play other DS games sometimes.) currently I only have a DS Lite but I want to get a 3DS at some point.

Gios

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I’m not sure what went wrong with my TwilightMenu installation. I installed TwilightMenu++ on my R4 flashcard to be used on a DSiXL. It boots, but a few games don’t seem to work properly.
For example:
- Animal Crossing WW: the game loads but the intro screen appears super slowly and I can’t get past it.
-Mario Kart DS: it boots and seems to work fine but there’s some notable lag before cutscenes and circuits are loaded (on a side by side comparison with another DSi, at least 3 seconds).
-Zelda Phantom Hourglass: it boots and seems to play fine but cutscenes videos are super slow.

Note:
- Those games used to work fine with the original launcher on the same R4 and SD card.
- My SD card is formatted with FAT32 and 32KB Cluster size.
- I’m using nds-bootstrap v1.4.0 and TWM++ v26.5.0.

Is there anything I can do to fix those issues?

Cheers

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m not sure what went wrong with my TwilightMenu installation. I installed TwilightMenu++ on my R4 flashcard to be used on a DSiXL. It boots, but a few games don’t seem to work properly.
For example:
- Animal Crossing WW: the game loads but the intro screen appears super slowly and I can’t get past it.
-Mario Kart DS: it boots and seems to work fine but there’s some notable lag before cutscenes and circuits are loaded (on a side by side comparison with another DSi, at least 3 seconds).
-Zelda Phantom Hourglass: it boots and seems to play fine but cutscenes videos are super slow.

Note:
- Those games used to work fine with the original launcher on the same R4 and SD card.
- My SD card is formatted with FAT32 and 32KB Cluster size.
- I’m using nds-bootstrap v1.4.0 and TWM++ v26.5.0.

Is there anything I can do to fix those issues?

Cheers
Update both TWLMenu++ and nds-bootstrap. If the issue persists, install the flashcard firmware using the TWLMenu++ flashcard install guide, then switch "Game Loader" to "Kernel" for the problematic games.

Reactions: Gios

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
I just now removed this post from my profile becsuse I didn't get the help I've needed. I've sought to start asking for help here instead rather than on my profile.

Anyways, the picture provides everything that I'm trying to ask.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240411-223647_Edge.jpg
    Screenshot_20240411-223647_Edge.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 6

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just now removed this post from my profile becsuse I didn't get the help I've needed. I've sought to start asking for help here instead rather than on my profile.

Anyways, the picture provides everything that I'm trying to ask.
For your second post, can you elaborate on what exactly happens on your M3 Sakura?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Games wont boot with wood r4 menu after opening the later through twilight menu (im using the flashcart version of twilight menu)
If you're trying to use kernel/firmware to load games, did you follow the flashcard firmware steps in the TWLMenu++ flashcard install guide, and then set "Game Loader" to "Kernel"?

Xdqwerty

Im bored (he/she/they)
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Didnt try it, i always had nds bootstrap enabled
Ok I tried it and it still doesnt work (if you ask i wanna use the wood r4 menu to load the Sega genesis and snes emulators bc for some reason they don't appear in twilight menu and yes I did change the filename extensión of the génesis games to .gen)

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I tried it and it still doesnt work (if you ask i wanna use the wood r4 menu to load the Sega genesis and snes emulators bc for some reason they don't appear in twilight menu and yes I did change the filename extensión of the génesis games to .gen)
It's normal for SNES and Genesis games to not appear in TWLMenu++ on flashcards, because they don't support arguments in order to boot ROMs from other GUIs.
If Wood can though, then idk how it does it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto