Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
does anyone know if unlaunch has had any updates since 2021?
It hasn't had any updates since 2019. There has however recently been an update to the patch TWiLight applies to it so you can now have splash and sound while keeping RSA patches, region free, etc

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
heya, i was wondering if anyone here knows anything about dsi hardware?
my cartidge slot 1 reader is acting weird which i made a thread about but no one has replied yet
It might be dirty inside, try cleaning it out with some Q-Tips and isopropyl alcohol.

Lavender01

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
"weird" how? Does it act that way with multiple cartridges, or just one?
with all! the problem is that when i insert a cartridge while in the twl menu ds classic menu it shows up as "slot1" when i launch it it only shows3-4 red/green/yellow colored squares in the middle of either the top or the bottom screen, depending on the game. when i insert a game with the console off it works fine. the cartridges also seem to have been scratched by the slot 1 pins, i have pictures of it in my thread if you're interested

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with all! the problem is that when i insert a cartridge while in the twl menu ds classic menu it shows up as "slot1" when i launch it it only shows3-4 red/green/yellow colored squares in the middle of either the top or the bottom screen, depending on the game.
Have you tried launching them from either the DSiMenu or Unlaunch (if you have a DSi) instead of TWilightMenu++?
when i insert a game with the console off it works fine.
That's weird, if something's with the pins i think it wouldn't regardless of if you inserted the cartridge before turning the DS on etc..
the cartridges also seem to have been scratched by the slot 1 pins, i have pictures of it in my thread if you're interested
You should take a look down there, use your phone's flashlight or something to inspect and see if there's any bent or misaligned pins..

Lavender01

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Have you tried launching them from either the DSiMenu or Unlaunch (if you have a DSi) instead of TWilightMenu++?

That's weird, if something's with the pins i think it wouldn't regardless of if you inserted the cartridge before turning the DS on etc..

You should take a look down there, use your phone's flashlight or something to inspect and see if there's any bent or misaligned pins..
i have tried launching from dsimenu. the same thing sort of happens, it barely recognizes the game if you put it in when the dsi is on.
i did take a look inside but only saw iron, it was later that i realized there is a little divider thing that gets pushed down when inserting a cartridge, idk if you can push it down with tweezers or smth? i am not going to open up the dsi, i have 0 experience and this is my only console and considering my parents don't even allow me to buy wii games for 20 dollars they probably won't let me buy a whole console either. glad i have twilight menu rn!

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did take a look inside but only saw iron, it was later that i realized there is a little divider thing that gets pushed down when inserting a cartridge, idk if you can push it down with tweezers or smth?
There's a metal piece that you'd need to hold down in order to see the pins (use a q-tip or something a bit longer), it's not too complicated. Worth a try imo.
glad i have twilight menu rn!
🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: Lavender01

Lavender01

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There's a metal piece that you'd need to hold down in order to see the pins (use a q-tip or something a bit longer), it's not too complicated. Worth a try imo.

🤷🏻‍♂️
ok, i'll try that!
Post automatically merged:

ok, i tried it, with the use of a plastic crochet hook (probably should have used a q tip but oh well it was thin enough)
and well... all the pins look perfectly fine! they were way smaller than i'd thought, but i inspected them carefully with my flashlight on the brightest setting and they look absolutely fine.
however this only makes me more worried, because what if it's caused by corrosion? and if it's corrosion the entire console might be affected by it, and i would be so sad. but at the same time, if there was corrosion on the pins it would be a little weird imo.
do you have any theories as to what might be wrong?

Last edited by Lavender01,

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i've inspected the inside but it looked clean. i'll try to clean it if i can buy isopropyl alcohol
Bottles of isopropyl alcohol are very cheap on eBay.

Lavender01

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bottles of isopropyl alcohol are very cheap on eBay.
that's good to know, however my parents control my bank account soo that would be a bit of an issues, and i assume that i have to take my dsi apart to clean it?
also, @CoolMe told me how to check the pins without taking the console apart and the pins look like new to me so i'm not sure if cleaning it will fix it anyway

• Sad
Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
that's good to know, however my parents control my bank account soo that would be a bit of an issues, and i assume that i have to take my dsi apart to clean it?
But you're an adult, you are the one who is responsible.

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i know but buying anything they don't know if is out the question, i am very much dependant on my parents (i know, it's embarrasing) and they would get soo mad if i did buy it
and i don't want to take apart my dsi anyway
I get that for sure. I suppose that your parents want you to make sure that you're safe.

Morricorne

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Installed twilight menu Today on my Nintendo DSi XL. One question. Can i play online on mario karts or receive mystery gift in pokemon games?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installed twilight menu Today on my Nintendo DSi XL. One question. Can i play online on mario karts or receive mystery gift in pokemon games?
Sure. You'd need to make a WEP Hotspot with your phone (or pc), and change the dns to Wiimmfi's.
Screenshot_20221115_Chrome.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps