Homebrew DS(i) NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi everyone, after a long time i decided to search information about my card for my nintendo dsi xl, and i see in this page there're many flashcart files, idk if someone help to found my correct file

My card is not original, its a 3dsi r4goldcc, the website that bring support its down, mi nintendo version is v1.4.5U
below add the photos for my card
Kernel: https://flashcard-archive.ds-homebrew.com/r4igold.cc/r4igold.cc_original_Kernel_2.6.7z
Firmware Update: https://flashcard-archive.ds-homebrew.com/r4igold.cc/r4igold.cc_3DS_FWUpdate_7.0v2.zip

Reactions: its_randall

its_randall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
thanks bro for send me the links
I have my sd castd has the files, only that when I enter the card I get the black screen with the word loading, i don't know what i did wrong, i extracted the zip and copied the files to my sd
below attach the image

Attachments

• IMG_20221024_160557.jpg
    589.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited by its_randall,
Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thanks bro for send me the links
I have my sd castd has the files, only that when I enter the card I get the black screen with the word loading, i don't know what i did wrong, i extracted the zip and copied the files to my sd
Try using YSMenu, TWiLight Menu++, or Wood R4 instead if the kernel doesn't work for you. Alternatively, try a different SD card.

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom

its_randall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Try using YSMenu, TWiLight Menu++, or Wood R4 instead if the kernel doesn't work for you. Alternatively, try a different SD card.
  • Format your SD card, make sure it is formatted to 'FAT32'.
  • Download RetroGameFan's Multi-Cart Update:
  • Open the archive in "WinRAR" or similar, locate the "R4SDHC YSMenu" directory and open it.
  • Drag-and-drop all of the kernel files to the root of your SD card.
  • Done!
Bro thank you for your help, you should see that I did exactly what you indicated, in fact I even downloaded a game thinking that it could be that, but I still get the black screen with the loading.

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Bro thank you for your help, you should see that I did exactly what you indicated, in fact I even downloaded a game thinking that it could be that, but I still get the black screen with the loading.
Have you tried cleaning the contacts of the cartridge, as sometimes it could be that.

its_randall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Have you tried cleaning the contacts of the cartridge, as sometimes it could be that.
yes, I had already tried that and I just did it but it still comes out the same I think that maybe the probelma is not the original, I have another cartridge I do not know if you could try with that is a r4 sdhc attached photo below
Post automatically merged:

yes, I had already tried that and I just did it but it still comes out the same I think that maybe the probelma is not the original, I have another cartridge I do not know if you could try with that is a r4 sdhc attached photo below
i saw that it doesn't read the card i guess it's because of the version of my ds lol
continuing with the other cartridge it is too intriguing as to why it is not working, however I have been told that the r4's have an expiration date, could that be it?

Attachments

• rn_image_picker_lib_temp_78e62d2d-fda5-4d83-832c-09e225ddc973.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
Last edited by its_randall,

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States

i saw that it doesn't read the card i guess it's because of the version of my ds lol
continuing with the other cartridge it is too intriguing as to why it is not working, however I have been told that the r4's have an expiration date, could that be it?
I think both of your carts should be able to use BL2CK. DO NOT run YSMenu on the r4isdhc.com one, it's a "NEW" model so it will permanently brick if you run YSMenu. You may have also bricked your r4igold.cc one by running YSMenu, I'm not sure if that one bricks or not. A lot of BL2CK carts brick if running YSMenu.

I don't think bricked carts should still be able to boot and show "Loading..." so it might still work. Formatting your SD using SD Formatter may help.

Edit: Oh, sounds like your r4isdhc.com one might already be bricked if it's not showing up at all.

Reactions: SylverReZ

its_randall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
I think both of your carts should be able to use BL2CK. DO NOT run YSMenu on the r4isdhc.com one, it's a "NEW" model so it will permanently brick if you run YSMenu. You may have also bricked your r4igold.cc one by running YSMenu, I'm not sure if that one bricks or not. A lot of BL2CK carts brick if running YSMenu.

I don't think bricked carts should still be able to boot and show "Loading..." so it might still work. Formatting your SD using SD Formatter may help.

Edit: Oh, sounds like your r4isdhc.com one might already be bricked if it's not showing up at all.
ok I think the best thing to do will be to look if in my country they still sell cards because if it is strange that it does not serve that does not load the menu, thanks to all.

I don't know if you @Pk11 have any suggestions.

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok I think the best thing to do will be to look if in my country they still sell cards because if it is strange that it does not serve that does not load the menu, thanks to all.

I don't know if you @Pk11 have any suggestions.
You can buy R4 cards for pennies on eBay or AliExpress.

Don't go looking on Amazon, as everything there is overpriced.

brenopapito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I found this R4 in my old stuff and I'm trying to get it working again. I'm using a new sd card but I can't find the correct firmware. After downloading the indicated version (https://www.r4isdhc.com/2014-r4isdhc-gold-pro/) I get the menu error screen.

Can someone help me? Thank you so much!

Attachments

• R4.jpg
    R4.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 29
  • SD.png
    SD.png
    22.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Menu.jpg
    Menu.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 25

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I found this R4 in my old stuff and I'm trying to get it working again. I'm using a new sd card but I can't find the correct firmware. After downloading the indicated version (https://www.r4isdhc.com/2014-r4isdhc-gold-pro/) I get the menu error screen.

Can someone help me? Thank you so much!
I highly suggest that you download RetroGameFan's Multi-Cart Update or TWiLight Menu++, as the firmware bundled with these clone flashcards contain a timebomb.
1.) https://gbatemp.net/download/retrogamefan-multi-cart-update.35737/
2.) https://gbatemp.net/threads/ds-i-3ds-twilight-menu-gui-for-ds-i-games-and-ds-i-menu-replacement.472200/

Reactions: brenopapito

Mexicangamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I need help

The point is to run games in dsi mode and using the flashcard kernel instead of bootstrap

— So I formatted flashcard sd and console sd to fat32 32kb, jailbreak dsi, installed unlaunch and hiyacfw

— Extract twilightmenu flashcard version to sd, and twilightmenu dsi to console sd

— I'm using this flashcard

LzROStj.jpg

And now what's the next step I should do to run the games in dsi mode and using the flashcard kernel instead of bootstrap?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help

The point is to run games in dsi mode and using the flashcard kernel instead of bootstrap

— So I formatted flashcard sd and console sd to fat32 32kb, jailbreak dsi, installed unlaunch and hiyacfw

— Extract twilightmenu flashcard version to sd, and twilightmenu dsi to console sd

— I'm using this flashcard

LzROStj.jpg

And now what's the next step I should do to run the games in dsi mode and using the flashcard kernel instead of bootstrap?
What you're trying to do is not possible. Flashcard kernels do not have support for running games in DSi mode.

Reactions: Mexicangamer

Timbolonius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I'm super late to this, but I really need help. My old R4i card recently died and I bought a replacement. The replacement is an R4i 3DS RTS with WiFi. I'm not too happy with the UI it came with because for whatever reason when I play something like pokemon, it decides that it won't save the game at all, even though its RTS system and it's really making me annoyed. Please help.
Note: my first r4i card was an R4i ver 2.0 from r4ids dot com and I loved that interface, it operated super well for what I needed and wanted out of it

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know I'm super late to this, but I really need help. My old R4i card recently died and I bought a replacement. The replacement is an R4i 3DS RTS with WiFi. I'm not too happy with the UI it came with because for whatever reason when I play something like pokemon, it decides that it won't save the game at all, even though its RTS system and it's really making me annoyed. Please help
You've already got your question answered here: https://gbatemp.net/posts/9987404/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c