RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was curious because I don't remember seeing this encrypted/decrypted thing back in the DS flashcards days.
Also, I would like to ask you about that progress bar lockups that was fixed in TwilightMenu, can it also help with in-game freezes? I had two freezes on the previous version that resulted in the 3DS not booting up unless if I reinserted the SD card. I haven't used TwilightMenu since then because I was worried about SD card damage.
Nope, it'll not fix in-game freezes. The fix for TWLMenu++ involved using the same SD argument passing system as nds-bootstrap (being IPC Sync).

Reactions: banjo2 and Bean_BR

Forget

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
1635909064116.png
1635909064116.png

i have this problem when i want to install hiyaCFW. why?

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 282927View attachment 282927
i have this problem when i want to install hiyaCFW. why?
Hmm, is this windows 7? The exe might only work on Windows 10. Download the latest Python 3 that works for your version of windows and the run the Python 3 version of the hiyaCFW helper using that. It's the same thing as the EXE, the EXE is just made from it for convenience.

Reactions: banjo2

Forget

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hmm, is this windows 7? The exe might only work on Windows 10. Download the latest Python 3 that works for your version of windows and the run the Python 3 version of the hiyaCFW helper using that. It's the same thing as the EXE, the EXE is just made from it for convenience.
What phyton 3 version i must use? because the last version cannot use on windows 7

wiiluver135

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been a VERY long time since I've been here. For the release of BDSP I wanted to bring over some of my olds mons from My Pokemon Ranch up to BDSP when it gets Home integration.
I try to keep this short...
I'm using a DSTwo and trying to connect Pokemon Diamond to My Pokemon Ranch. Every time it tries to connect the DS will go to a white screen and MPR will eventually say it failed to connect. DSTwo DOES have Wii connection I'm pretty sure and I even updated to the latest firmware...
Can someone please help me with this? Why is it not connecting?

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
It's been a VERY long time since I've been here. For the release of BDSP I wanted to bring over some of my olds mons from My Pokemon Ranch up to BDSP when it gets Home integration.
I try to keep this short...
I'm using a DSTwo and trying to connect Pokemon Diamond to My Pokemon Ranch. Every time it tries to connect the DS will go to a white screen and MPR will eventually say it failed to connect. DSTwo DOES have Wii connection I'm pretty sure and I even updated to the latest firmware...
Can someone please help me with this? Why is it not connecting?

i thought CycloDS was the one which had that feature, dont quote me on that. DStwo had loads of features but im not too sure about Wii connection.

Reactions: wiiluver135

wiiluver135

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i thought CycloDS was the one which had that feature, dont quote me on that. DStwo had loads of features but im not too sure about Wii connection.
I know for a fact that R4 could with wood something? I still have an R4...might have to just find an SD card and use that lol
Edit: fucking forgot R4 got super blocked by Nintendo and they had to make a new one with dsi/3ds compatibility...I hate it here 🤣
TIME TO FIND A DS!
Edit 2: well..l ran some tests...APPARENTLY my DSTwo DOES work with Pokemon Battle Revolution and all my mons from a recent Platinum playthrough are THERE but...I REALLY don't get why Wii connectivity won't work in Ranch! It has to be a coding issue or something on the flashcard lol
At this point...I just either have to get an old DS/DSLite or just buy a copy of Pokemon Diamond...
welp...it is what it is 😂

Last edited by wiiluver135,
Reactions: Flame

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know for a fact that R4 could with wood something? I still have an R4...might have to just find an SD card and use that lol
Edit: fucking forgot R4 got super blocked by Nintendo and they had to make a new one with dsi/3ds compatibility...I hate it here 🤣
TIME TO FIND A DS!
Edit 2: well..l ran some tests...APPARENTLY my DSTwo DOES work with Pokemon Battle Revolution and all my mons from a recent Platinum playthrough are THERE but...I REALLY don't get why Wii connectivity won't work in Ranch! It has to be a coding issue or something on the flashcard at this point lol
At this point...I just either have to get an old DS/DSLite or just buy a copy of Pokemon Diamond...
welp...it is what it is 😂
It's most likely an issue with Wood.

EDIT: Forgot that you tested with a DSTWO. Try adjusting some settings.

Reactions: wiiluver135

boyfriendcoma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all!
Would someone be so kind as to tell me whether it’s worthwhile, or if there are any benefits running CFW via my DSi’s sd card, as opposed to running via my flashcart (r4i gold 3ds+)? Just got a touch of fomo, thanks for any assist!

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
Hi all!
Would someone be so kind as to tell me whether it’s worthwhile, or if there are any benefits running CFW via my DSi’s sd card, as opposed to running via my flashcart (r4i gold 3ds+)? Just got a touch of fomo, thanks for any assist!
For the most part if you've already got a flashcard then that's fine, they've each got a few advantages and disadvantages but are overall pretty similar. Here's some of the more noteworthy pros/cons of each that come to mind for me:

CFW advantages
  • DSi mode support in TWL games (allows WPA Wi-Fi sometimes and maybe a camera feature, that's about it usually though)
  • DSiWare support
  • nds-bootstrap has some fancy things it can do like an in-game menu, screenshots, boosting the clock speed, etc
  • Better compatibility in GBARunner2
  • Ability to dump ROMs and dump/inject saves from Game Cards (requires Unlaunch)
  • Load various apps directly on boot with A/B/X/Y (with Unlaunch)

Flashcard advantages
  • Slightly better DS game compatibility
  • Better compatibility with old homebrew
  • Easier to share between consoles

You can also set it up so that you can have both your flashcard and internal SD content in TWiLight Menu++ in which you get most of the advantages of both, unless you really want TWiLight on your flashcard or to play the few games that don't work from nds-bootstrap yet it's not super necessary though.

boyfriendcoma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the most part if you've already got a flashcard then that's fine, they've each got a few advantages and disadvantages but are overall pretty similar. Here's some of the more noteworthy pros/cons of each that come to mind for me:

CFW advantages
  • DSi mode support in TWL games (allows WPA Wi-Fi sometimes and maybe a camera feature, that's about it usually though)
  • DSiWare support
  • nds-bootstrap has some fancy things it can do like an in-game menu, screenshots, boosting the clock speed, etc
  • Better compatibility in GBARunner2
  • Ability to dump ROMs and dump/inject saves from Game Cards (requires Unlaunch)
  • Load various apps directly on boot with A/B/X/Y (with Unlaunch)

Flashcard advantages
  • Slightly better DS game compatibility
  • Better compatibility with old homebrew
  • Easier to share between consoles

You can also set it up so that you can have both your flashcard and internal SD content in TWiLight Menu++ in which you get most of the advantages of both, unless you really want TWiLight on your flashcard or to play the few games that don't work from nds-bootstrap yet it's not super necessary though.
Thanks so much for this, now I have things to do today!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1