Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know if it makes a difference, but I'm using a flash cart (supercard dstwo).
Yeah that may make a difference ha. I'm trying to run them all on SD. I do have a DSTWO, but I would rather my DSi XL be able to play them all from the SD.

I did try booting from DSTWO from TWiLight menu too, all fine. Same ROM.

Last edited by LAA,

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
No issues here, using a DSi XL. Make sure TWiLight Menu++ and nds-bootstrap are up to date. Check by going into TWLMenu++ Settings.
If they're already on the latest, is the issue fixed when using a manually AP-patched ROM?
OK I just tried with a manually AP-Patched ROM, actually still the same thing after the cutscene. Red screen with the dots.
Happen to have any more suggestions based on that?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just checked on the 3ds w/out a flash cart. there are some noticeable sound issues, but the game works without a problem, even tested a save on day 8.

CrashMidnick

Trophies
XP
Country
France
OK I just tried with a manually AP-Patched ROM, actually still the same thing after the cutscene. Red screen with the dots.
Happen to have any more suggestions based on that?
Working on my side (DSi with internal SD, EUR version) :

1939AFF7-A004-4904-9C18-81FF0F83E113.jpeg

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had no problem on the latest version of twilight menu++ with flash cart on the ds or with bootstrap9 on the 3ds. it did have some sound anomalies on the 3ds, not on the ds with flash cart though.

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
@LAA @RocketRobz

Seems to be related to DMA

Working using those settings with latest version :

Launch : DS mode
ARM9 : 67Mhz
Vram : DSi
DMA : Disabled
Ah this worked for me too, thanks!
So I assume everything being set to default previously worked, but the latest version has changed this?

At least happy it is working somehow, hopefully gets fixed eventually.

CrashMidnick

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ah this worked for me too, thanks!
So I assume everything being set to default previously worked, but the latest version has changed this?

At least happy it is working somehow, hopefully gets fixed eventually.

Yes. @RocketRobz made some changes related to DMA in the latest nds bootstrap according to the change log. Maybe this is why it is not working anymore with default settings. But I do no want to speak on his behalf.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. @RocketRobz made some changes related to DMA in the latest nds bootstrap according to the change log. Maybe this is why it is not working anymore with default settings. But I do no want to speak on his behalf.
The previous TWiLight Menu++ version originally blacklisted the game from using card read DMA, due to how the code worked at the time.

New nightly builds of TWLMenu++ and nds-bootstrap add a new improved DMA method set by default (can be reverted to "Regular" in the per-game settings), and should hopefully fix the issue.

Reactions: CrashMidnick

pollop2345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Aruba
I have problem running master system, game gear and tg 16 roms. Every time blue screen appears and i get message "touch screen or press L+R for menu". My dsi XL freezes and i cant do anything

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q