Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Xyphoseos

Hack or no games
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There is no SysNAND manager tool yet.
Too bad, thank you

I heard about .tia files that can be installed like .cia but on DSi, do you know ?

In DSi menu++ we can't use the screen touch, do you know if in nitrohax when we launch the game using "start" button that launch the game with cheat code ?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too bad, thank you

I heard about .tia files that can be installed like .cia but on DSi, do you know ?
I made up .tia, and is now discontinued.
In DSi menu++ we can't use the screen touch, do you know if in nitrohax when we launch the game using "start" button that launch the game with cheat code ?
Yes, it launches the game with cheats, if the .xml has cheats for your game.

Xyphoseos

Hack or no games
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you mean in DSiMenu++ itself, then it is unknown, since DSiMenu++ starts with NTR touch mode, in order for touch in DS games to work.
okay and I read above what is the file "bootthis" at the root of the sdcard, why sometime it isn't removed itself and I need to remove it from pc ?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay and I read above what is the file "bootthis" at the root of the sdcard, why sometime it isn't removed itself and I need to remove it from pc ?
When you launch a DSiWare .nds file, DSiMenu++ moves it to the SD root, and renames it to "bootthis.dsi" for Unlaunch to boot it.
When starting DSiMenu++ again, it moves it back, and renames it back to what it was before.

Reactions: Tarmfot

Xyphoseos

Hack or no games
Trophies
XP
Country
France
When you launch a DSiWare .nds file, DSiMenu++ moves it to the SD root, and renames it to "bootthis.dsi" for Unlaunch to boot it.
When starting DSiMenu++ again, it moves it back, and renames it back to what it was before.
Yes I know it but sometime this file is still at the root and when I want to launch another dsiware, I get an error (bootthis.dsi is already in the root, or a thing like that) and I need to do the manipulation myself on pc, do you know why ?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I know it but sometime this file is still at the root and when I want to launch another dsiware, I get an error (bootthis.dsi is already in the root, or a thing like that) and I need to do the manipulation myself on pc, do you know why ?
Probably fails to rename it to it's prior .nds filename.

Reactions: Xyphoseos

Chortles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Robz8, can you possibly help me out? I followed the dsi.cfw.guide down to every last step and got it all to work, even the “Replacing the System Menu” part due to having a 4gb SD card.

My problem now is that I can’t access stock firmware or stock system settings. I keep getting the black error screen and I’m not sure how to fix it.

Sorry in advance for posting here if there are any help threads, I saw you actively replying here so I figured here would be best.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Robz8, can you possibly help me out? I followed the dsi.cfw.guide down to every last step and got it all to work, even the “Replacing the System Menu” part due to having a 4gb SD card.

My problem now is that I can’t access stock firmware or stock system settings. I keep getting the black error screen and I’m not sure how to fix it.

Sorry in advance for posting here if there are any help threads, I saw you actively replying here so I figured here would be best.
If you have a dsi just switch it on and press A to boot to stock firmware.

Chortles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a dsi just switch it on and press A to boot to stock firmware.

Hey thanks! That worked. One more question while I’m here: after following the guide, what files can I remove that I don’t need? The guide didn’t seem to have a clean up section like the 3DS guide does.

Xyphoseos

Hack or no games
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey thanks! That worked. One more question while I’m here: after following the guide, what files can I remove that I don’t need? The guide didn’t seem to have a clean up section like the 3DS guide does.
I don't remember me which file is on sd card at the end, post a screen of your sdcard root, maybe I can help you

18Phoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
  • Can I change this horrible pink of the menu (selection) somehow? Is it normal anyway?
  • The boxart option is great, big thanks. Am I right that there'll come support for different kind and size of pictures?

Xyphoseos

Hack or no games
Trophies
XP
Country
France
  • Can I change this horrible pink of the menu (selection) somehow? Is it normal anyway?
  • The boxart option is great, big thanks. Am I right that there'll come support for different kind and size of pictures?
If you speak about the pink over the title and name text for game and folder its a bug
For sometime is here sometimes no

Komaoto

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was just thinking for a few days if there was a way to play DS games directly from the SD card.

Thank you for this amazing resource!
I look forward to see the nexts improvements!

theoldbucwild

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can either run a cheat code or patch the ROM. Because you're using a ROM, it's probably best that you use WfcPatcher. You will need a WEP or unsecured network connection, though. A phone hotspot should work too. If you can't use a hotspot, you may be able to set up a secondary connection on your WiFi router, and with MAC filtering (for security) if possible.
hey is there actually anyway to run wifi using actual ds cartridges (still no AR)

AkiraTSAR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey sorry to talk about the same thing but I updated to the newest version but Soul Silver keeps freezing a lot but other games work fine :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:angry::angry::angry: 🖕Them +1