Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: dojmin

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to some users testing this with Rei-Six, they've confirmed that doing the soft-reset, and "return to DSiMenu++" button combos work there.
So, if any of you are still on Luma, and doing any of these button combos throw you to Luma's exception error screen, please switch to Rei-Six.

elenarguez

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi, I don't know if it's the right place, but when I'm playing the FFC ring of fates there are sometimes I see a screen "Thank you for playing" and then when i press a it brokes immediately. I have seen in the compatibility list you need an AP patch to work well, but the problem is that I can not find that patch in the EUR region, if anyone can find that patch let me know pls, thanks

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to some users testing this with Rei-Six, they've confirmed that doing the soft-reset, and "return to DSiMenu++" button combos work there.
So, if any of you are still on Luma, and doing any of these button combos throw you to Luma's exception error screen, please switch to Rei-Six.
On latest luma and both the soft reset and return to dsimenu combos work fine, and the return from settings menu even works now instead of white screening.

Reactions: AkikoKumagara

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What 3ds are you using?
I know you asked Sophie-bear but Im using a N3DS non-xl. I was having problems but I nuked my memory card, completely reformatted it and then deleted all the installed dsimenu cias from fbi then reinstalled the latest release of both dsimenu and ndsbootstrap seem to be working great!

Ehb33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I know you asked Sophie-bear but Im using a N3DS non-xl. I was having problems but I nuked my memory card, completely reformatted it and then deleted all the installed dsimenu cias from fbi then reinstalled the latest release of both dsimenu and ndsbootstrap seem to be working great!
What problems were you having?

AlexTCGPro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
So, my DSi now has HiyaCFW and it boots DSMenu++ automatically, it's amazing, no need for a flashcard anymore, but I noticed two things:
The DSi now takes longer to load, I'm guessing cause it's reading the card, it's a 8GB class 10 card, should I switch for a smaller one?
I left wireless on while installing the cfw, now I'm unable to disable it, DSiMenu seems to lack that setting and changing it through hiya just crashes the system.

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
So, my DSi now has HiyaCFW and it boots DSMenu++ automatically, it's amazing, no need for a flashcard anymore, but I noticed two things:
The DSi now takes longer to load, I'm guessing cause it's reading the card, it's a 8GB class 10 card, should I switch for a smaller one?
I left wireless on while installing the cfw, now I'm unable to disable it, DSiMenu seems to lack that setting and changing it through hiya just crashes the system.
Why is it important that wireless is off? Power saving?

jetlego

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I had this same issue, but was able to find a workaround.

The dsi cfw guide to autobooting dsimenu++ states to make /shared1/TWLCFG1.dat and /shared1/TWLCFG0.dat read only, change them back to read/write, disable autoboot title, edit your settings, then change them back, you can have wireless disabled. This also applies to profile, date, and time settings.

Additionally, if you are unable to access system settings inside dsimenu++, edit the file /_nds/dsimenuplusplus/dsiware/System Settings (U).argv to point at the correct .app file in /title/00030015/484e4245/content/, assuming your DSi is US region.

Last edited by jetlego,

AlexTCGPro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Why is it important that wireless is off? Power saving?
Yes
I had this same issue, but was able to find a workaround.

The dsi cfw guide to autobooting dsimenu++ states to make /shared1/TWLCFG1.dat and /shared1/TWLCFG0.dat read only, change them back to read/write, disable autoboot title, edit your settings, then change them back, you can have wireless disabled. This also applies to profile, date, and time settings.

Additionally, if you are unable to access system settings inside dsimenu++, edit the file /_nds/dsimenuplusplus/dsiware/System Settings (U).argv to point at the correct .app file in /title/00030015/484e4245/content/, assuming your DSi is US region.
Thank you! That did it, gonna try the system settings fix you said.
The guide doesn't seem to be pretty recent, it is still necessary to mark those files as read only?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k