Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nm, again. success. I've installed devkitpro on Linux, and I got it to build with no errors:

1645732072301.png

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inside of Twilight Menu ++, can it play mp4? mp3? video files? audio files? Or do you need a diff NDS file to play those?
Yes, a different .nds file is needed. In the case of audio files, you can just use Nintendo DSi Sound to play them, but they would need to be converted to .m4a (AAC) format first.

Reactions: Tarmfot

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, a different .nds file is needed. In the case of audio files, you can just use Nintendo DSi Sound to play them, but they would need to be converted to .m4a (AAC) format first.
so you cant play video and audio files nativley from twilight? has to be through a seperate NDS?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so you cant play video and audio files nativley from twilight? has to be through a seperate NDS?
I still don't know what you mean. Native means that no emulation is involved, not when a program requires a separate application to do something.
TWiLight Menu++ uses nds-bootstrap to run DS(i) games from the SD card. nds-bootstrap itself is a separate .nds file, and yet, it runs games natively.
Even TWiLight Menu++ itself is comprised of separate .nds files (albeit renamed to .srldr), and that's because all of the code cannot fit into RAM at once.

TWiLight Menu++ uses various emulators made by other developers to run games from past consoles, and in the case of videos, used separate video players (support for MPEG4 Player got removed some versions ago, due to it's bugginess).

Reactions: Tarmfot

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I still don't know what you mean. Native means that no emulation is involved, not when a program requires a separate application to do something.
TWiLight Menu++ uses nds-bootstrap to run DS(i) games from the SD card. nds-bootstrap itself is a separate .nds file, and yet, it runs games natively.
Even TWiLight Menu++ itself is comprised of separate .nds files (albeit renamed to .srldr), and that's because all of the code cannot fit into RAM at once.

TWiLight Menu++ uses various emulators made by other developers to run games from past consoles, and in the case of videos, used separate video players (support for MPEG4 Player got removed some versions ago, due to it's bugginess).
Yes I mean the "Various Emulators", does Twilight come with one or video or audio? so i can play the audio or video file from twilight directly?

itsperkele

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fire Emblem: Shin Monshou no Nazo Hikari to Kage no Eiyuu (v3.01 English translation With Update Beta2) (Revision to fix DSi binary file)

so in theory, this should prevent the "DSi binaries are missing" prompt, correct? i've updated, and i've repatched from scratch and i'm still having to run in DS mode to get it to start. am i missing something obvious? or is that not what that means?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see RocketPlayer inside the _twilightmenu, does that not work with RVID files?
Rocket Video Player would need to be downloaded separately, and then put into "sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/apps/".
so in theory, this should prevent the "DSi binaries are missing" prompt, correct? i've updated, and i've repatched from scratch and i'm still having to run in DS mode to get it to start. am i missing something obvious? or is that not what that means?
You need to download the patch that restores the DSi binaries.
https://github.com/R-YaTian/DSiEnhanced_Translation_Revision

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Pk11 , I figured out a clever way to force python.exe to be read as python2.exe, if you recall I was trying to do that. it's called mklink, ever heard of it? now, python isn't even mentioned by name with the build that has python and python3.exe nicked out. it created a 0KB symlink file it'd seem:

1645859780207.png

Last edited by godreborn,
Reactions: Pk11

Rebusmind

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
When I boot Black Sigil the upper screen turns red with some white dots in the upper left (both in release and nightly). Is this game not supported, yet?

Galvanize

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Decided I'll ask for some answers here since I haven't found an answer anywhere else.

I've been soft resetting for a shiny starting Pokemon in HeartGold through this, and I'm currently at a bit under 1100 soft resets, so multiply that by 3 for each starter "encountered" at the beginning I'm still under odds.
That being said I decided I'd come here to ask, does using nds bootstrap affect the RNG?
Essentially I'm asking "is shiny hunting possible through Twilight Menu?"

Additionally, is there a way of stopping nds bootstrap from relaunching the rom when I soft reset?
It's definitely increased the time it's taken to get to my current amount of SRs, so if there's any way of disabling/remapping the command to relaunch the rom I'd be grateful.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

I have no idea if nds-bootstrap affects the RNG, but I don't see why it's not possible.
Also, the reason why the ROM re-launches, is because fast soft-resetting isn't implemented, and I also don't know how to implement it. :P
I'd like to ask about this.
I'm also soft resetting for a Shiny in Pokemon, I'm using the Twilight Menu++ for the 3DS SD Card, does it affect RNG in any significant way to prevent(or lower the odds of) a shiny Pokemon appearing?
Is it fine to keep soft resetting using TWL++ or am I better off injecting the save back to the Pokemon cart and soft reset from there?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop doing drugs