Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

blue9939

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to go into the ROM menu (yellow arrow).
There are no quick menu themes.

oooh i thought you could change quick menu. the rom menu isn't changing either though. here's a pic:

20191228-170732.jpg

edit: wait it worked! wtf?? didn't work before. I think it was because of acecard lol. well, thanks for all the help!

Last edited by blue9939,
D

Deleted User

So, is the R4 Ultra the only flashcard that really supports direct access, since the Acekard can't boot games?
What does direct access allow you to do? Does it let you to boot games stored on the 3DS's SD card using the flashcard's firmware instead of NDS-bootstrap?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, is the R4 Ultra the only flashcard that really supports direct access, since the Acekard can't boot games?
What does direct access allow you to do? Does it let you to boot games stored on the 3DS's SD card using the flashcard's firmware instead of NDS-bootstrap?
Direct access is exactly what it says: To access the games on the flashcard's SD, without launching the flashcard itself.
nds-bootstrap will still be used to run the games.

NightScript

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello i followed the guide here https://github.com/DS-Homebrew/TWiLightMenu/wiki/How-to-install-TWiLight-Menu ànd installed the laucher from here https://github.com/FlameKat53/TWiLightMenu-Launcher/releases. but when i open the launcher after the white ds screen i get only a black screen. I installed the 2 cia files and extracted nds folder and boot.nds in the sd root. Am i doing something wrong?
There's no point in using the launcher since TWiLight Menu++ is now shown on the home menu.

Also, Flames Twilight Menu++ Launcher isn't made by us so we can't provide support for it.

iGom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What is the difference between normal TWL++ and TWL++ Lite?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
5bbd0b6f291864302621cf63ce3611a4.jpg

Last edited by iGom,

Mr Objection

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I am having a little problem, if I could call it a problem. How do I activate the ram expansion on SNEmulDS?? I have everything installed and running on my dsi xl and wanted to take advantage of the extra ram.

NightScript

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The nintendo dsi have more ram than the ds, and if you have the ram expansion on the ds then you could use the emulator with it. I wonder if the emulator can use the extra ram the dsi has compared to the ds
Uh, the app wasn't programmed with the extra RAM in mind, so you can't use it. Thankfully, once someone fixes up lolSnes, we could use that instead

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
There's no point in using the launcher since TWiLight Menu++ is now shown on the home menu.

Also, Flames Twilight Menu++ Launcher isn't made by us so we can't provide support for it.
I have found where the problem is. Tried to boot two r4 cards and i still get black screens. nds mode is corrupted, right? What should i do now?

elenarguez

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yesterday I started a game and a screen appeared saying that it is being created a ram dump and that's damaged my micro sd... Do I have to deactivate any option?

elenarguez

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I don't see how creating the RAM dump file would corrupt your SD card.
Try checking your SD card for errors.
I have already done it and there are no errors. And windows can't find how to repair the error, I had to format. Is there any option to disable ram dump? I can't play because every time it corrupts my sd ... It's a Sandisk 2GB micro SD.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have already done it and there are no errors. And windows can't find how to repair the error, I had to format. Is there any option to disable ram dump? I can't play because every time it corrupts my sd ... It's a Sandisk 2GB micro SD.
The RAM dump size should be 32MB.
Maybe there's no space left?
If there is space, create the file using HxD, otherwise, either try a bigger SD card, or reformat the existing one.

There is no way to actually disable RAM dumping.

Reactions: elenarguez

elenarguez

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The RAM dump size should be 32MB.
Maybe there's no space left?
If there is space, create the file using HxD, otherwise, either try a bigger SD card, or reformat the existing one.

There is no way to actually disable RAM dumping.
Oh fck, the dump ram created weighed 23 MB so it was because of the lack of space, fool of me :P

Reactions: RocketRobz

blue9939

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you trade pokemon with twilight menu?

for example if both dsi xl's have pokemon diamond and twilight menu++ installed, can they trade pokemon wirelessly?

Taquito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having trouble moving from my R4 to SD.
I'm able to launch games but I can't import save games.

Any help on locating TWL save file location or how to import my saves?

Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o