Thanks, I've changed it to x86

Dunny

Trophies
XP
Country
coen22 said:
I need a automatic MP3 to MOD convertor which I can use in DS Game Maker Plus
Has anyone suggestions

That would be extremely hard, if not impossible to achieve. Do you know what the difference is between the .mod and .mp3 formats?

Actually, it would be possible, but the mod file would consist of one pattern of one note, said note using a sample which would be the equivalent of the entire mp3 file in pcm (.wav) format - ie, a mod file that would be more than 10 or 20 megabytes in size.

D.

coen22

OP
Trophies
Website
www.dsigamemaker.tk
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dunny said:
coen22 said:
Has anyone suggestions

That would be extremely hard, if not impossible to achieve. Do you know what the difference is between the .mod and .mp3 formats?

Actually, it would be possible, but the mod file would consist of one pattern of one note, said note using a sample which would be the equivalent of the entire mp3 file in pcm (.wav) format - ie, a mod file that would be more than 10 or 20 megabytes in size.

D.

And what's the best file I could use?

Dunny

Trophies
XP
Country
coen22 said:
Dunny said:
coen22 said:
Has anyone suggestions

That depends on what you want to do - MP3 music is as far removed from MOD music as live-action movies are from CGI rendered. If your library supports .mod and not .mp3 then you're either going to have to write an MP3 decoder routine yourself, or find a better library. You can find resources on mp3 decoding on the web in various programming forums, but I'd not expect much performance if you're decoding an mp3 as well as running a game loop - at least, not on a DS. I'd likely leave it as-is, and state in your docs that you only support MOD music files.

D.

coen22

OP
Trophies
Website
www.dsigamemaker.tk
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dunny said:
coen22 said:
Dunny said:
coen22 said:
Has anyone suggestions

That depends on what you want to do - MP3 music is as far removed from MOD music as live-action movies are from CGI rendered. If your library supports .mod and not .mp3 then you're either going to have to write an MP3 decoder routine yourself, or find a better library. You can find resources on mp3 decoding on the web in various programming forums, but I'd not expect much performance if you're decoding an mp3 as well as running a game loop - at least, not on a DS. I'd likely leave it as-is, and state in your docs that you only support MOD music files.

D.

But what's the fastest file with reasonable quality? (for background music)
And what's the best file for sound effects?

Dunny

Trophies
XP
Country
coen22 said:
But what's the fastest file with reasonable quality? (for background music)
And what's the best file for sound effects?

For background music, you want something that's quite light on CPU to decode, but small in filesize for the DS. That will be difficult for BGM; for spot effects, a pcm-format like WAV will be fine, but WAV files can get awfully large very quickly as your music length increases. Fortunately, Nintendo did us all a favour in that regard and included some pretty bad sound hardware, so dropping the quality (say, to 22050Hz with 8Bit resolution) will drastically reduce filesize.

The best way would be to use WAV for spot effects, and MOD files for BGM. Mod files are easy to create, but it requires talent as you have to compose the tunes yourself. Not your problem though, you could just make your users do it.

D.

kenshin-dragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I started the project 2 years ago. It's not just a clone of DS Game Maker, because I had already made this UI interface 2 years ago. It has a great action editor, but it has a few bugs.
you do realise DSGM started in 2008 it's now 2011 that a difference of 3 years, DSGM was out way before your silly project,
also you do know that UI stands for User Interface, in your quote you saying User Interface interface.
So Coen what does James think about this? your ripoff looks like a load of fail.
hate2.gif

people use the proper DS Game Maker
yaynds.gif

coen22

OP
Trophies
Website
www.dsigamemaker.tk
XP
Country
Netherlands
kenshin-dragon said:
QUOTE said:
I started the project 2 years ago. It's not just a clone of DS Game Maker, because I had already made this UI interface 2 years ago. It has a great action editor, but it has a few bugs.
you do realise DSGM started in 2008 it's now 2011 that a difference of 3 years, DSGM was out way before your silly project,
also you do know that UI stands for User Interface, in your quote you saying User Interface interface.
So Coen what does James think about this? your ripoff looks like a load of fail.
hate2.gif

yaynds.gif

Yes, but this is free and open-source
I'm not gonna pay $15 to add more than 1 room or backgrounds with no DS Game Maker Logo

RoyalCardMan

DS App Studio™ Developer
Trophies
Website
www.awsomisoft.com
XP
Country
United States
coen22 said:
kenshin-dragon said:
QUOTE said:
hate2.gif

yaynds.gif

I'm not gonna pay $15 to add more than 1 room or backgrounds with no DS Game Maker Logo
I suspect this user is from the DS Game Maker forums.
unsure.gif

DS Game Maker, is somewhat of a good program, but it is full of limitations(which is why it is better not to make visual GUI's in the first place)

Aim for more of a coding and GUI based designing program and people will use it, since it doesn't lack limitations and it easy-to-use.

coen22

OP
Trophies
Website
www.dsigamemaker.tk
XP
Country
Netherlands
RoyalCardMan said:
coen22 said:
kenshin-dragon said:
QUOTE said:
hate2.gif

yaynds.gif

I suspect this user is from the DS Game Maker forums.
unsure.gif

DS Game Maker, is somewhat of a good program, but it is full of limitations(which is why it is better not to make visual GUI's in the first place)

Aim for more of a coding and GUI based designing program and people will use it, since it doesn't lack limitations and it easy-to-use.

Yes, better use DS Game Maker +, DS app studio or DSiDK(a not released gui based editor with DSAL and DSi Features) (for anyone who doesn't know what that is)

kenshin-dragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
coen22 said:
kenshin-dragon said:
QUOTE said:
hate2.gif

yaynds.gif

let me guess you don't pay for any piece of software do you, you just pirate every thing and the things you can't pirate you try and make your self?

may i ask you how many action have you stolen from DSGM?
you really don't know how much effort James has put into his project do you?
your blinded too much by your arrogance and pride to see that your problem is between your chair and keyboard.

referring to your actual quote you know that you have full control of you code so you can disable the logo and hand code in more rooms, unless you too stupid to do that? also have you even used DSGM before?

D

Deleted-236924

kenshin-dragon said:
coen22 said:
kenshin-dragon said:
QUOTE said:
hate2.gif

yaynds.gif

let me guess you don't pay for any piece of software do you, you just pirate every thing and the things you can't pirate you try and make your self?

you really don't know how much effort James has put into his project do you?
your blinded too much by your arrogance and pride to see that your problem is between your chair and keyboard.

referring to your actual quote you know that you have full control of you code so you can disable the logo and hand code in more rooms, unless you too stupid to do that? also have you even used DSGM before?
We don't need butthurt people coming and whining about how we're not spending money on their program.
If he has the skill needed for recreating an entire program that does the same job, then he more than largely deserves using it.

sightlight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kenshin-dragon said:
QUOTE said:
hate2.gif

yaynds.gif

Are you from DSGM forums?

First of all DSGM did not started on 2008. it started around 2006 as XtenDS when we(invisionsoft) were together(anadjones,Bassacegold,Porkie,blowbomber now sightlight)...still buggyyyyyy... Ask James if you dont believe me.
James had indeed putted effort into his game maker but he wants money... he made it all really easy based on a abandoned library.. HHOOORAAAAAA!!!!!
Nobody has been able to create something successful in DSGM cause its so buggy.. I mean...5.12? and it still have worst bugs than an alpha version.
and by the way.. Im Joshua Miranda... EX-ADMIN of DSGM forums.. EX-bestfriend of James Garner. FingerManiaDS was suppoes to be DSGM first project but since a guy named eldude appear... 50 year old dude lol... he wipe James mind...MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!! eldude broke us appart..fucking asshole.. so kenshin...STFU!!

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
kenshin-dragon said:
let me guess you don't pay for any piece of software do you, you just pirate every thingSince it seems it's entirely slipped your notice, he's doing this to give other people an alternative. He's not doing this as some personal benefit to himself (like when people pirate software).

You know, if you had the same attitude towards Linux users (bashing them for making alternative software) you'd get laughed off the internet, right?
tongue.gif

kenshin-dragon said:
and the things you can't pirate you try and make your self?Okay since you're obviously not a programmer I'm going to let you in on a little secret.
Programming stuff is hard.
For example, my signature, the random quote image.
That's a simple thing, right?
Can't be more than 3-4 lines of code, right?
Wait no, it's over 45 lines of code.
The point being that it'd be an incredible amount of effort to recreate something opposed to pirating it. Depending on the applicating pirating it could take anywhere from a few minutes (simple license checks) to a day or two (for things that need a fake server). In contrast, he's worked quote a bit more than a few days on this project, and he's still got a ton of work to do before it's complete (if it's ever complete, there's always going to be new stuff to add).

You're so clueless it'd be funny if it weren't for all your accusations.

QUOTE(kenshin-dragon @ Feb 19 2011, 06:33 PM)
Pot calling the kettle black, much? BOTH of the programs in question are built in the exact same vein as Game Maker for the PC.
http://www.yoyogames.com/make

This is a good approach, as Game Maker is proven to be easy to get into, and people who have used Game Maker can jump right into either DS program with little to no adjustment.

DSGameMaker

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.dsgamemaker.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
More than 50 actions
All of which you took from the 'Actions' folder in DS Game Maker
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE said:
Nobody has been able to create something successful in DSGM cause its so buggy.. I mean...5.12? and it still have worst bugs than an alpha version.
You obviously missed the 'Games' page on the website.

QUOTE said:
If he has the skill needed for recreating an entire program that does the same job, then he more than largely deserves using it.
He doesn't deserve any credit. There is a lot of source code included in the distributions from DSGM - all of the actions, and all the files in 'Temp\include' are from DSGM.

QUOTEYes, but this is free and open-source
And terrible
smileipb2.png

you do realise DSGM started in 2008 it's now 2011 that a difference of 3 years, DSGM was out way before your silly project
Yes. DSGM was first released on Mon, 26 May 2008.

Your program is illegal (inclusion of 'devkitProUpdater-1.5.0.exe', and above proper DSGM files). I think it is time to put on my DMCA hat
lecture.gif

coen22

OP
Trophies
Website
www.dsigamemaker.tk
XP
Country
Netherlands
James, this version doesn't include any of your actions

and an action like:
Code:
Wifi_DisconnectAP();
Wifi_DisableWifi();
doesn't seem to be yours, this contains code of PAlib!

Just give me a little fun and let me make a project
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I need shrooms to read his comments