AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, some people argued that it would be nice to use the C stick/analog (instead of touchscreen) in order to move the camera in games like Mario 64. Could this be achieved by a homebrew?
technically yes but the game would run so slow as to be unplayable plus with flashcarts you can do that with cheats like in the two Zelda games there are cheats to use the dpad instead of the touchscreen

Reactions: I pwned U!

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
technically yes but the game would run so slow as to be unplayable plus with flashcarts you can do that with cheats like in the two Zelda games there are cheats to use the dead instead of the touchscreen
No you can't. The DS version of the game doesn't support that.

Earth97

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
technically yes but the game would run so slow as to be unplayable plus with flashcarts you can do that with cheats like in the two Zelda games there are cheats to use the dpad instead of the touchscreen
Really?
Dropcanvas (upload service) -> Drag the video -> Post the link, please.
Is there anything similar for Mario64DS?

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
Well, some people argued that it would be nice to use the C stick/analog (instead of touchscreen) in order to move the camera in games like Mario 64. Could this be achieved by a homebrew?
Not unless if you somehow configed the
Yes it does tell me how to upload a video here and I will show you how you can use the dpad in zelda
Upload it on youtube then put the link on Media.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok once I am home I will upload it you can also patch the rom to use the dpad as discussed right here on this site /gbatemp.net/threads/us-phantom-hourglass-d-pad-hack.61713/

Earth97

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Initially, it could be played only pressing ZR/ZL. That guy (can't remember the nickname) changed the buttons to press into L/R.
In this case, though, it's way more complicated (I think).

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
like what as most flashcart have rts and cheats only thing missing is fast forward and I never use that in emulators.
- no vaseline filter
- possibly graphic effects like 3D
- fast forward, slow down
- no cart plugging the slot
- one less sd card to manage
- no cfw killing reboot
- no clearing mset profile
- button mapping
- free, no wait time for delivery, no CC info to shady companies
- maybe dsi support
- probably more advantages I haven't though of

I think a 804mhz arm11 could emulate a 66mhz arm9, but that remains to be seen if someone takes a shot at this.

I really don't know why people get so angry about this subject.
Things have changed since the extra power of the N3DS was discovered. DS emu on 3DS isn't sci-fi anymore.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's completely different though, that's mapping a game function to DS buttons via a rom hack. Not mapping a function to extra buttons that weren't on the DS.
I never said you could do that all I said was it was possible through cheats to play some touchscreen only ds games using the dpad and buttons

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- no vaseline filter
- possibly graphic effects like 3D
- fast forward, slow down
- no cart plugging the slot
- one less sd card to manage
- no cfw killing reboot
- no clearing mset profile
- button mapping
- free, no wait time for delivery, no CC info to shady companies
- maybe dsi support
- probably more advantages I haven't though of

I think a 804mhz arm11 could emulate a 66mhz arm9, but that remains to be seen if someone takes a shot at this.

I really don't know why people get so angry about this subject.
Things have changed since the extra power of the N3DS was discovered. DS emu on 3DS isn't sci-fi anymore.
There's more to emulate then just one ARM9. The DS has two CPUs and the GPU, sound, how all those talk and work together, etc. BTW, two of your downsides only apply to people not using themehax to auto-boot CFW.

I never said you could do that all I said was it was possible through cheats to play some touchscreen only ds games using the dpad and buttons
Yes, you did.

Reactions: AmandaRose

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
There's more to emulate the just one ARM9. The DS has two CPUs and the GPU, sound, how all those talk and work together, etc. BTW, two of your downsides only apply to people not using themehax to auto-boot CFW.
The n3DS has four cores, two available to apps by default. All of them 804mhz. Same arch as DS.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's more to emulate then just one ARM9. The DS has two CPUs and the GPU, sound, how all those talk and work together, etc. BTW, two of your downsides only apply to people not using themehax to auto-boot CFW.

Yes, you did.
I said technically yes it could be done in a emulator. I then said how the dpad could be used I the ds Zelda games using cheats as an example of how this could work I did not say anywhere you could use buttons that are on a new 3ds but not on a DSi using a flashcart lol we seem to have a breakdown in communication just as well that I like you Pleb ☺

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1