Homebrew DS Emu With Multiple Controllers?

GeBeCluck23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, so...something I've been wanting to do for a while now is to have multiple controllers for one DS game. In other words, have several controllers that control the same game. Now this seems pointless, I understand, but the reason why I want it so bad, is that my friend and I have always enjoyed playing Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga for the GBA in a "pseudo-multiplayer" sort of way, where I would press A during the battles, (to control Mario) and he would press B, (for Luigi.) Now, there's a couple Mario and Luigi games for the DS that I think would be really fun to do the same thing for, as well as other RPG's that would work. I've used DeSmuME before, and it works pretty good, I've even got a game controller hooked up to it, but I can't do multiple controllers for one game. Let me know if there's a way, DeSmuME or otherwise...

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would suggest using JoyToKey to simply remap your controller inputs to whatever keyboard buttons you have set up with Desmume. Then one person can use the keyboard buttons and the other can use the joypad, both controlling the same emulated game.

GeBeCluck23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, that's a good idea, but how do I do that? I've tried using JoyToKey a long time ago, but it didn't work right, although it may have been a previous build come to think of it...is it pretty straight-forward?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: hey sylv? do you know why gameyob crashes on the EZP?